1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Nice knowing you Rudolph.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm reading through this thread and I have to be honest, I have ZERO idea who this "Aditi" person is that you all hate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Bad deals are made all the time. Cut the losses. Seek a trade right before the draft. Demote him to 3rd string. Let Haskins start. Anything. The guy is not an NFL starter. I don't know what happened after that first series. He started out looking unbelievably gifted and then after that looked putrid. His decision making was very bad and his throws were way way off target. He made a couple decent plays with his legs but when it came to passing the ball downfield nearly every pass had to have a huge adjustment from the WR.

Tomlin said today that Mason is the focus on starting against the Chargers which is fine with me if Ben can't go, but if Mason struggles again then they need to see what Haskins brings to the table. I doubt that would ever happen though given MT's history of pulling QB's when they struggle.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    He’s still a viable back up. He will never be a quality starter of any kind in this league (too stiff, not accurate enough, not enough pocket presence). But it’s hard to hate the guy. He plays with heart. He tried to freaking truck a guy lol you can tell he wants it, his heart is in it, and he’s actually a fairly smart player. He just doesn’t have the rest of the tools and that’s okay. That’s why he’s a backup. He will probably make decent enough money for the next 5-7 years holding clipboards haha

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah. I don't hate the Guy. I definitely root for Him if He's playing...Hell I was rooting My A$$ off Sunday for Him. He's just nothing special, or at least is sure seems that way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Tomlin is the worst coach in the league with situational football. Freddie Kitchens level of brain dead when it comes to situational football, clock and TO management, challenges, etc. it’s cost us a few games during his tenure for sure. It cost us an opportunity to win the game on Boswell’s leg last week.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    As much as everyone likes to fantasize about how much better our offense would have been with Ben behind center is fooling themselves. Mason made a few bad throws, He also had receivers drop quite a few good throws. Was the weather a factor? I hate to think it affected Mason, but it apparently affected a few receivers as they all seemed to have a case of the dropsies. Mason put up Ben like numbers during the game and some fans seem to think we would have been up by double digits. Ben cannot throw for 300 plus yards like he use to.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

A reporter. Between being a woman and a reporter she’s automatically the spawn of satan to some.

8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    he did truck a guy. Knocked him out of the game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Tomlin says he’s prepping like he’ll start this weekend.
    upload_2021-11-17_18-11-37.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I could never understand MR footwork, and why someone hasn't worked with him
    on this and some more mechanics. I am perplexed by this? How did he ever get this far?

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought he was fine until he got hit on the grade with his own helmet.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I would imagine he does at this point. Keep in mind he also critiqued Mason's accuracy thought I seriously doubt this is the first time he has been critical of him. Regardless and remember, Pittsburgh has plenty of Cap Space in 2022; $48,891,794 per sportrac. Granted, looking at the current 2022 FA Class per sportrac, not a lot of options there currently. In addition, I think me and you can both agree that the "Aaron Rodgers Sweepstakes" will have has immense a bidding war as many of us have seen in some time. Question remains as to whether the Steeles would participate?!

Silly question I know but since 2019, the FO has made some very un-Steeler level moves and transactions; the Minkah Fitzpatrick trade being chief among them.

• Like Like x 1
  13. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The crappy bears beating the lions today with Dalton at the helm throwing for over 300 makes our tie against them even more pathetic. Even with the INT, and the fact that his WRs suck, Dalton still looked a helluva lot better than Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Because he is better lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    And it's not even close. He was a decent starter for 10 years. Rudolph has done nothing of note except getting knocked out a couple times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph... the scapegoat, the whipping post.

What about the horrific depth on defense? Without Haden, Fitzpatrick and Watt....the Steelers D is a total sh!tshow.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Which is true but Rudolph still sucks

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah. I noticed...but Rudolph is the least of our problems.

I'd like Steelers to get Rodgers or Wilson after Ben retires....but that is a pipe dream. What about Raiders QB, Carr? He just slapped the Cowboys in their own house. What is his contract situation? Carr would be a good 2022 QB for Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah any of those would be good… I’m not even sure there is a recipe for success anymore in the nfl lol. No elite defenses and lots of upsets. My guess is the officiating is just too much now

• Like Like x 1
  20. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I got click baited by the title thinking Mason was gone, LOL.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Rudolph’s stock is ticking up at the moment

Still a penny stock though