1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Minkah Fitzpatrick to the Reserve/COVID list

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Formerscribe, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Schefter reported that Fitzpatrick tested positive for COVID. Hopefully, his symptoms are mild and he recovers quickly, but there is a good chance he won't play against the Chargers.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I hope we're not on the verge of an outbreak.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Seems they may be. Being the players are vaccinated i guess they dont need to be tested unless they have symptoms. Im sure more ppl on the team have it at this point.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Well no Chargers game for him... maybe Bengals if we are lucky...

This all just keeps getting worse than better for us....

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Well crap, but hooray for top 10 draft picks

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    There will be more. He was in the huddle every snap yesterday. He was in the locker room. Might explain his effort on tackles. The best thing might be for half he team to get it so we have to reschedule.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
  9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Crap! Hooray for top 10 picks

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Wouldn't they also need to be tested if contact tracing indicated they were exposed?

Not saying he isn't symptomatic. But we don't know he is either. Or do we?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Espn says hes positive. Not a covid rules expert, but the testing is much more lax for vaccinated. I didnt think close contacts needed to be tested if vaccinated, but could be wrong.

12. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    There is no rescheduling this year. NFL basically said, teams may have to forfeit is it gets that bad on their team... funny they didn't do that last year at all... but there was a Memo during training camp basically stating this for this season.

I can't imagine it getting too awful bad, being that the Steelers claimed that everyone on the team was vaccinated.

13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Obviously the vaccine is not working on the Pittsburgh Variant. Have they said which variant the players are testing positive for, or what variant is currently hitting the Pittsburgh area?

I wonder which Vaccine they were given, and if both Ben and Minkah took the same Vaccine? Pfizer/ Moderna / Johnson and Johnson

14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Makes you wonder if many more players were coming down with something ( flu is back too) and that’s why they played like crap.

They were just exhausted.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Looks like he got hit hard by the Igwebuike variant. It made him and the rest of the D look like the keystone cops.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The hard thing is knowing if you are just sick with a bug or if you should get tested again. My kids were under the weather, I had a cough and the wife running a fever and we were trying to decide if we needed to get tested. We got over it in a few days

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    B95CA4A6-0417-44E8-B962-4BC1E1BC04C4.jpeg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    If anyone at my daughter's school shows symptoms they are excused from classes and not allowed back in school without a verified negative test (not a home/self test kit). My daughter has allergies and has been excused from school 3 times so far since September. All her tests have been negative, luckily.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019
    I assumed part of the Covid protocol would be testing anyone that's a close contact?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    This is what I found on the rules. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...ne-rules-explained/1efarozoadvh11vig3gtdctcdz

• Vaccinated individuals who test positive and are asymptomatic will be isolated and contact tracing will promptly occur.
    • The positive individual will be permitted to return to duty after two negative tests at least 24-hours apart.
    • After that, they will be tested every week or as directed by the medical staffs.
    • Vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine as a result of close contact with an infected person.
    The main difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated players is that vaccinated players don't have to worry about being a "high-risk" close contact at any point. They also have more freedom to participate in activities than their unvaccinated counterparts. Vaccinated players can go out on the road and more easily spend time with teammates outside the facility, among other perks.

• If an unvaccinated person tests positive, the protocols from 2020 will remain in effect. The person will be isolated for a period of 10 days and will then be permitted to return to duty if asymptomatic.
    • Unvaccinated individuals will continue to be subject to a five-day quarantine period if they have close contact with an infected individual
    • Unvaccinated individuals must be tested for COVID every day at the team facility. If a player misses even one day of testing, they will be required to test negative for COVID for five straight days before re-entering the facility. That's what happened to Cam Newton before the final week of the Patriots' preseason.
    • Unvaccinated free agents must also test negative for five consecutive days before being allowed to enter a team facility.
    • Unvaccinated players must wear masks at all times in the facility. They cannot gather in groups larger than three players and on the road "are prohibited from congregating, visiting or mingling with individuals outside of the traveling party once they have arrived in the game city."
    • Unvaccinated individuals are subject to fines if they break COVID protocols. This can include anything from failing to wear a mask in the facility or going to an indoor concert or house party with more than 15 people.

• Informative Informative x 2
  21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    What I was going to say. It looks like the "I can't tackle for sh*t" variant.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    Steelers played a MNF game. Lions had two weeks rest. Even at 0-8 not acceptable outcome, but Lions were far more rested than the Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Bush took the 6 feet distancing rule very seriously during the Lions game.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Then we’ve got a lot of guys with Long COVID

25. SteelersFanCanada

Nov 14, 2019

Thanks for looking this up.

It looks like today and tomorrow will be crucial for contact tracing results.

Luckily the rules for vaccinated aren't as harsh. There's at least a possibility of remaining competitive through the week leading up to game day.