1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbiased View

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JPP, Nov 14, 2021.

1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I could go for some BK but they are harder to find anymore.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It happened twice. The first was in the shootout against the Saints in 2018. The second was against the Ravens in the game that Rudolph was knocked out in 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The running game was there yesterday until both guards left with injuries. If either of those guys has to miss upcoming games, they really should put Hassenauer at center and move Green to guard. The latter just isn't a viable starter at center, at least not right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Sunday Ticket?

Oh, you said “down”.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I don’t pretend to be the oracle of football, but Mason didn’t seem that indecisive to me. To the contrary, he seemed to lock onto his number one receiver a lot. I also thought he was frequently a split-second late to throw the ball, so the receivers who had got separation had it disappear by the time the ball arrived.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Mason cannot be blamed for the two fumbles.

Comparing his yards per attempt to Goff, who cost two firsts and a third to get rid of, isn't a compelling argument.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    dude,
    wake up.

NO WAY this crap fest vs. the Kitties should have even been CLOSE to OT.

Rudolph and Co sucked, esp the D vs. the run

MR sucks, get past him please...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    What do we think was the deal with that? I was surprised it took until the fourth quarter for one to sail over Mason's head. Do we blame that on Green being a rookie, Ben being taller and he is used to snapping to someone who is 6'4? Or just a really bad day for our center?

9. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Yup. Ben throws a 30 yard pass to a receiver. Who proceeds to fumble it.

Then Ben drives down down into field goal range. Throws an out pattern to a tight end. Who proceeds to fumble it.

Yup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger doesn't miss a wide-open Johnson on that third-down slant pass in the fourth quarter. That is a play he has made repeatedly the last few weeks. There was plenty of blame to go around yesterday, but Rudolph deserves a big chunk of it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The OL started regressing last game, this makes two in a row.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Or Friermuth, Remember down in in(The Charm City Ha Baltimore) couple years back when JuJu Fumbled
    he was crucified for weeks yet Dionte and Friermuth both turnover and nothing is made of it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Plenty of folks are making something of those fumbles, especially Johnson's. I'm not sure Freiermuth's fumble made a difference. I don't think they would have gotten lined up in time to spike it, anyway. The bigger mistake there was throwing him the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2015
    Mason was lucky he found his helmet, anyone that thinks he’s the future of the Franchise is delusional. Also I heard for years about Ben’s decision making the OC needs to take some fault, same bulls*#t 3rd and 4 and throwing 40 yards. 3rd and 10 throw it 5 yards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I tend to agree with this. The replay shows about :06 on the clock with PF on the ground... no way MR gets the offense set and spikes it with that amount of time left. I give PF a pass on too much fault - he's a rookie that was trying very hard to make something happen. Sure, situational awareness (coaching?) says that you just go out of bounds - but let's be real, either MR or Canada are at fault for calling such a boneheaded play in that scenario.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Rudolph is nothing special, but he's fine as a backup. Realistically, a team should never have to ask their backup to toss up 50 passes in a game - especially when it's raining and they've got multiple injured WRs.

I'm not usually one to jump on Tomlin, but the gameplan last week was brutal. I don't know what they were thinking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    IMHO, Mason doesn't suck any worse than Ben. They're BOTH terrible. Face it.