1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The time is past for #55

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 14, 2021.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    3DB8CA42-EB63-479E-9B29-ABC12198F9C1.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What I'm looking at is more evidence that coaching is either bad or being ignored by multiple players over numerous years. Everyone at the second level is jumping gaps instead of looking at the play. If Bush is going to jump into the first gap he sees he needs to get through the line and make a TFL. Bush and Edmunds have canceled each other out time and time again. Today Bush gets swallowed up and Schobert took another gap and same thing meanwhile 9 yard run happens because they didn't play the ball.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm just not seeing that burst from him.

His rookie year he had that Troy-like speed.

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You're the one who said the Steelers would win if Mason started instead of Ben against the Lions, so you shouldn't be feeling too good about yourself.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Honestly , my opinion is we need to find players that push every current ILB on this team off this roster. All of them are pretty below the line in my eyes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    The most egregious draft mistake was taking Edmunds over Lamar Jackson , not only is he needed now but they have to deal with him in the division for years.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If that’s your list you obviously haven’t been watching the Steelers for very long.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Is that you Dr. Seuss?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    my bad, under Tomlin

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    how were your Eagles friends today? Cowboys fans getting Super Bowl tattoos on the buttcheeks already

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Man 4 disagrees

I 2000% agree with you. I do not want to see. Spillane with 45 snaps a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I have tried to stay on Bush's side. I figured the injury would take time to get over but we are over halfway through the season and Bush still looks terrible. He is not doing anything to help this team win.

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That's what was so perplexing...They " usually " draft so well but, I know in my heart they panicked and threw the ultimate hail Mary, to "try " and recover/not miss a beat because of Shaziers devastating injury

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes,But again... That's not saying much

15. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Starting to think this was a bad jersey choice a couple years back.

16. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Again everyone, still time for him to turn it around. That said, how he has fared thus far is not giving much of an indication he can do so. Anything can happen but even that statement can cut both ways.

All this said, I can all but guarantee a decision will be made come these final games for the 2021 Season for Devin Bush.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20211115-131159.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If only they had taken the best inside linebacker on the board when they made their first-round selection the previous year rather than reaching for a safety who should have gone in the third round.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I would love to pile up on him, I don't think he was worth where we picked him, but we are missing Tuitt and Alualu.

These guards are getting to the second level mighty easily. They got to keep Bush clean to make plays.

• Like Like x 2
  20. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Eagles got a bright future, so I'm told. They are excited by their QB just like we will be next season. Needless to say I heard how they destroyed the Lions and well..................

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    The article from SteelersDepot is yet another reminder of why recoveries from severe injuries have just as much to do with the mental aspect as it does with the physical one; perhaps even more in Bush's case. I had suspected that, even during the Preseason, if there was one aspect of Devin Bush to monitor was not just his recovery time physically but also mentally. Some of that explosive ability is still there but not fully 100%. However, the lack of fearlessness that Bush exhibited from his Rookie Campaign is nowhere to be seen in Year 3 (technically 2 if accounting for the major injury).

I have said it before and will again; Devin Bush is likely playing for his future starting against the Los Angeles Chargers next week. From then on out, having big games will be paramount. More so though will be if he can showcase he can overcome his mental and emotional shortcomings along the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    James Farrior was at the ballgame yesterday watching this disaster. At 46 years old I bet he could have suited up and played a better game than Bush.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    This is essentially his second season due to losing his 2nd to injury..... Is he playing well???.... Of course not. But it is nowhere near time to close the book..... He should probably be benched, or at the very least, have his time on the field scaled back

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey MadtownDruankard.

I hope all is well in your world my friend. I do not think that we have chatted in awhile. All is good here.

Your Quote: "He is really bad without a good nose tackle."

I bolded nose tackle as you can see. You may recall, or not, for several years here now, I have been screaming for a Nose Tackle on this team. Now, I have been requesting one in the prototype of Casey Hampton. Some here, more like most, basically told me that the NT position would not work in our Defense. Again, I say bull-dongy. We got gashed for well over 200 yards yesterday. Other teams this year have gotten us too. The run is not dead.

A stout Nose Tackle would do wonders for this Defense. If nothing else, a good one, would occupy two blockers and free up some of our other Defensive guys to make plays.

It is so evident without Alualu in there. We have no depth at that position and basically for most of the Defensive positrons on this team. Shoot, some of our starters do not belong out there: Edmunds, whoever plays across from Joe Haden, Tuitt's substitute, Bush (I will cut him some slack due to his recovering from knee surgery but he has to pick it up), and some others, again, have no business being starters.

I am not accustom to a Steelers' team that cannot stop the run.

On a side note: Yesterday's game was disgusting. I was going to travel there to see it (about a four hour ride). I have now made the right decision twice this year as far as not going to a Steelers' game as badly as I wanted to. I realize that you cannot predict the outcome when one chooses to go to a sporting event. Winning just makes it sweet. So, I was planning on going to the bungles game, which thankfully I did not do and now I decided not to go to the Lion's game which again, thankfully I did not. I would have been pissed-off due to the Steelers' performances.

I would have wasted my time and hard earned money to witness an inferior Steelers' product. I love my Steelers. I have been a fan for nearly fifty years. We have no margin for injury as we see we have no depth. In addition, the coaches on this team just continue to leave us fans scratching our heads with their hair-brain decisions at times.

Take care.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1