1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin owns every bit of this lousy performance.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    off the top of my head I can name a few of his teams losing to inferior opponents:
    They lost to the 1995 expansion Jacksonville Jaguars
    1994 AFCCG to the Chargers
    2002 Houston Texans

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I think Tomlin is doing a good job with this team. Their 2 games over .500. There’s talent on the team but Ben is OLD. The O-Line is very suspect. The D is good and of course Najee is a stud along with some of our receivers. That said to tie the worst team in the league at home is terrible. Even without Ben. The D should of been able to shut them down period. If Ben played I would hope we would have won and be tied for first. Instead we have a tie which there shouldn’t be ties in football. Tomlin can’t stop the team from turning the ball over 3 times.

I still can’t believe our backup is Mason Rudolph. That dude straight up SUCKS. No wonder we couldn’t beat the worst team in the league. That is on Tomlin. He needs to draft at least a decent backup or pick one up. I would of picked up Cam Newton for what the Panthers paid him. Better than freaking Rudolph. Never mind we need to find Ben’s replacement like last year because he just barely gets the job done.

3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I have to agree Tomlin teams play down to their competition. They always have. Tomlin is a good coach but for some reason they always play down when a ****ty team comes to town. Especially at home.

4. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You knew the coach of the year was going to call a peach against an 0-8 team

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We didn't lose.

• Like Like x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Rent free in your head. LMAO. Who is really the clown. Look in the mirror.

7. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    May as well have. Sure feels like an L when you can't score 1 more point than the worst team in the league.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    You're the clown that goes in every thread repeating the same crap, like I said get some new material, you show up when the Steelers lose :shrug:.

9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Some fans act like they did.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Exaggerate much? Following me around like a little puppy looking for it's mama. Sad.

11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He had a strong enough arm to hit Washington for the TD. Also DJ who then fumbled. His arm is fine it's just the accuracy at times. Ben has the same issues. I'm not defending Rudolph mind you but I can see him starting next season while our #1 QB pick waits in the wings.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Didn't win either. So what's your take on the game?

13. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    I think very few can overcome 3 turnovers. My comment was directed at those who think this game should have been a blowout, blame Tomlin, but don’t pay attention to turnovers or the small margin between good and bad in the NFL.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The touchdown to Washington was a short, touch throw to a receiver who was completely uncovered due to a breakdown in the secondary. I'm talking about sideline routes that require some zip on the ball, something Rudolph can't seem to do.

I don't know how anybody could watch yesterday's game and think Rudolph is a viable option to start next season. He isn't.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I'm sure this will be popular:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This you?:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Consider the source, I call BS on this story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Did we already hit the high water mark for the season? At this moment in time, I feel that we are at the cross roads that will define the 2021 season. Yes, it was a disappointing game against another NFL team and we all felt a win was a given. It didn't but there is a lot of that going around these days. But, what's next? I can't tell if we have started to go the way of post game 11 last year or we figure some things out and make things happen. The Chargers game, IMO, will point in the direction the rest of the season could go. Denying historical failure on the W Coast and getting a win can be a huge reversal to how we and this team may be viewing the remaining schedule. As bad as we looked in ALL phases of the game against Detroit, so did the Rats and Stains who both were blown out, yes blown out this past weekend. The mighty Rats lose to a vicious 2 win Miami team and the most talented team on paper lose huge to a rookie QB. There is hope but it has to turn around in LA. We cannot begin a losing streak or it might not stop until after our last scheduled game. JMO>

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I agree he was floating throws. And i'm not stating he will be the starter next year I just have a hunch he will be while the QB they take in the 1st sits and watches then replaces him mid season or so. Haskins sure isn't the answer only being signed this year and being a RFA next. Here is a wonderful article about Haskins who really has seemed to turn the corner :eek:

https://thespun.com/nfl/afc-north/p...l-world-reacts-to-mondays-dwayne-haskins-news

The QB room is not a positive after Ben and lets be real he is about expired.

Oh and they just signed a QB to the PS, James Morgan

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-sign-qb-james-morgan-to-practice-squad/

20. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Spot on his arm strength on a ten or 15 yard out is a lollipop. He throws an OK fly pattern but thats because once again he is lobbing it up. He is not the answer.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wonder about the long pass to Johnson in overtime. Was that an intentional back shoulder throw? Was it a badly-underthrown pass that the receiver made a great play on before fumbling it away? I suspect it was the latter.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    These threads crack me up. Turn the ball over multiple times the coach didn’t have them prepared!

23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I find it hard to believe that the Steelers coaches went to Aditi and told her "We really sucked this week at practice, the Lions are probably going to win". But then again anything is possible with this coaching staff.

• Like Like x 2
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    you are so very wrong about this. Cowher lost to expansion teams 3 times. Lost twice to a 3-13 bengals team. Two of their three wins were against a cowher led team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

I don’t know about that. There’s a video of belichek talking to someone on the practice field saying something along the lines of I just can’t get these guys to buy into it. They just don’t get it.