1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So which bunny game will Tomlin lose and choke away season now? Bears or Lions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ytownsteeler, Nov 1, 2021.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So, regardless of how the play worked out, it was a dumb call? Wouldn't you say MT sucks for calling such a play that could have cost us the game? Dumb = Sucks? Even though coaches don't play in the game itself, that doesn't mean they are not part of the reason there is failure on the field. Your own example is a good one. What if that play was the first time they had ran it since practice 4+ weeks ago? I don't know when/if they actually did practice it but just put out the question as a means to determine who should take responsibility for its success or failure. Who know?

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Well Ben kind of owns the Stains. Does that count?

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    People you know, the other team's players get paid also. That being said Steelers
    need to win these next two. MT will have to motivate his players better. Steelers have better
    roster than these two.

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    That always seems to be the problem when this is the situation, though. Mike Tomlin's Steelers are great with a chip on their shoulder, when people doubt them, but when they start getting some love, they talk about candy bars and padding stats.

I'm not talking about fiery speeches and rah-rah motivation, either, I think they just under-prepare for bad opponents thinking they can keep a few bullets in the chamber and still win, only when the other team is actually fired up and prepared it blows up in their faces and they start scrambling.

Noll said the way to motivate a player was to prepare him to succeed. If a man knows he's going to succeed he's excited to do his job. Whenever the Steelers are in the middle of one of these shyte show games with a tomato can, they always look the same - timid, stunned, passive. As if they're realizing their week or preparation wasn't nearly good enough.

Fields is in over his head a bit and his supporting cast stinks but he can make plays and it might only take one or two big ones against a team that struggles to hit 20 points.

The next two weeks could see them go 0-2, 1-1, or 2-0 and none of those scenarios would surprise me.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Peter Cottontail would like a word with you

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't know how anyone can acknowledge that the other team's players get paid too and simply believe that games simply boil down to motivation?

Most players are already motivated. Tomlin also gives them an edge. That edge or motivation simply doesn't go away based on a win or a loss.

It doesn't matter what team has the better roster. What matters is how players perform on game day. Execute, limit mistakes, take care of the ball.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Bob in Canada

Bob in Canada Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I was thinking they wouldnt choke at all but its been a chaotic day...Bills lose, Bengals lose, Saints lose, cowboys lose.....wow!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    But, but but Only Tomlin Loses Bunny Games, dangnabit!!!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Bob some fans of professional sports remain "morons". They can witness something over and over again and fail to realize the obvious.

Simply put, professional coaches and players are coming to win regardless of records, stats, rankings, fan's perceptions, "talking heads" opinons ect.

The only thing that matters is how teams perform on game day regardless of any other factors.

Every play is scrutinized. Lots of careers, money, and family situations at stake. The "failure to learn" is the problem.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Cranny

Cranny Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2017
    Both

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    There are not any easy wins in professional sports. Coaches and teams are coming to win regardless of rankings, records, stats, ect ect ect.

They are coming to WIN. Teams that don't play well enough can lose. It's not that difficult a concept to grasp at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    There is a pattern of Tomlin losing bunny games going back to 2014. Tomlin does it more often than Carroll, Reid, Belichick, Harbaugh and Payton.

13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    So every game is a coin flip. Wonder why Brady has 120 AFC titles

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I was told that we can't use him as an example, and that he's a freak....:shrug:
    This goes out 2 :drinks:....You know who You are. LoL. ;)

15. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Out of all those coaches listed, only Belicheat has a better winning percentage than Tomlin. So they must lose a lot of Bunny Games too.

• Like Like x 1
  16. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Every game can be a coin flip based on different variables. Some teams are better than other teams on paper. Better teams don't always win. Teams with better records don't always win. I'm not sure why this isn't clear to you by now?

What is clear to me is that teams are always coming to win.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well to the OP, it won't be the Bears:)

• Like Like x 4
  18. steelersrock151

Nov 18, 2011
    Guess we found out which one was going to be Harbaugh's Bunny Game.

And I quote "...we just weren't ready. And that's on me."

• Like Like x 2