1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

No penalty and no fine!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    The hit on Bos was clearly late and should have been flagged. When viewed by the league, it easily meets all requirements for targeting and helmet to helmet. Video doesn't lie. Who knows the motivations for the disparity in officiating. However, a disparity in officiating is obvious to even the most casual of observers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m very surprised by this. I thought for sure the player question would be at least receiving a fine during the week.
    Oh well what’s done is done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I don't think it was egregiously late, but if it was helmet to helmet it should have been a penalty and fine. Hard to tell from that article since they only show a still picture, which makes me wonder if the video from that angle also shows no helmet contact.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Is there a clip that clearly shows helmet to helmet, because so far I haven't seen it in any videos.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    This - I watched a college game early in the year where announcers, fans, even the studio ref were apoplectic that a targeting call wasn't made, all because they had limited angles. When you saw the aerial view after the game, it was clearly shoulder to shoulder contact. Refs must have seen that, too.

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, if it was a steeler, making that type of hit. It would be a hefty fine and that player would've been labeled a dirty player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Check with @mac daddyo He was dead on with that Taco forced fumble. Maybe he has the video of Boz’s hit?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    The original shot from the game clearly shows helmet 2 helmet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    In my opinion, which means zilch:
    If he was in the pocket, it would have been flagged
    If it was Brady, the game would have stopped and the perpetrator cuffed and walked out of the stadium
    If we had just average to below average quality officials, it would have been flagged
    If there was any consistency in what the NFL does, it would have been flagged. I am sure most would agree there have been flags thrown for much less contact on passers.
    This could have cost us the game and its been swept under the NFL rug like it was nothing significant.
    Love the Steelers but the NFL is a POS organization.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    If a player hits Brady exactly the same there would be four flags thrown and probably a 25K fine rumor before the player even exits the stadium.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. We lost our only game 2 L. Jackson because We hit Him in the thighs. They threw a personal foul for that, but not for this...Please!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    We've seen PF's called on plays where the QB was barely touched and in most cases, not even hard enough to knock him to the ground. All the jesting about comparing various hits to Ben and in this case Boz to any fly by called against any opposing player that has the nerve to go near Brady are not wrong. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but it's crystal clear that there is a double standard in the NFL. Certain players get the benefit of the doubt, others need to get excoriated to get a call, and even then there is hesitation. It makes one want to compare the NFL to the WWE. All the posing about protecting players is just lip service. You get protected because of who you are.

The hit was a cheap shot on a defenseless player. The defender targeted Boz high after the ball was out. He should have been flagged and fined. Studying film and angles is useless because the live play reaction by officials doesn't dovetail with average roughing calls made league wide. That call and the offsides penalty on the blocked FG attempt at GB are inexcusable. It's akin to the ref being distracted by Captain Lou Albano while George "The Animal" Steele pummels some hapless jobber.

george.jpg

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The offending player would be wheeled out of the stadium on a dolly like Hannibal Lechter.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    @GeneSteratore
    ·
    Oct 31

Even though Chris Boswell is a kicker by position, on this fake field goal attempt, he is a passer. A defender cannot hit the passer forcibly in the head or neck area. IMO this should have been a 15 yard penalty for roughing in #PITvsCLE.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See they just took a turnover off the board because someone pulled Lamar down by the Jersey. The rule is name plate or above...the guy dragged Him down at the bottom of the number.
    Yes it has 2 do with what player it is

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Winner Winner x 3