1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin might have outdone himself

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Oct 31, 2021.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Oh really? Durp! You might be happier reading my other thread about how I thought that was the best win of the season. It will be much more pleasant to your sensitive ears. I’ll even give you a participation trophy for reading it! All love over there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nice try

I’m sure you are doing your best. That is all I can ask.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    and who’s bitching to *****? Project much? If you dont like people voicing opinions probably should avoid message boards? Or just ignore?

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Great division win put plenty of perfume on a legendarily bad coaching performance. He should apologize to the team, instead he'll defiantly spout some BS "we don't live in our fears" nonsense and the media will swoon.

Not only the fake, the insistence on throwing when getting down close instead of sticking with Najee, who was balling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tarasovic

Tarasovic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    This for sure deserves its own thread....it was one of the stupidest decisions he has ever made....given the situation.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I’m so sure you bitched and moaned until dawn when cowher went for the onside kick in the first half of the Super Bowl

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Actually he owned it after the game, and said it was a bad call by him.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It didn't come back to bite them in the end, we got the win :herewego!:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I’ll take a gutsy call by the coach being over aggressive to a pansy ass, conservative approach every time.
    This play call worked a couple years ago in Denver. The Browns defended it well. Boz tried to make a play and got sent to bed. It happens, it’s football. What is more encouraging is the team overcame it and won.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Wrong. It was a cheap hit, but like I explained in the GDT, Boswell had to know if nothing was wide open to chuck the ball in to the stands. I know the Tomlin hate runs deep here, but it wasn't Tomlin's fault Boswell got hurt. I also said I would have kicked the FG, but I didn't have a problem with the fake. Hell, they won the damn game. You people would b!tch if they hung you with new rope.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Didnt bother me actually. It wasn’t an opportunity to score 3 easy points in a 3-3 game . We were losing if I remember and our defense was the reason we were there.

The situation was not there to fake a fg . It was stupid and now we will probably not have a kicker next week. This game was over quick if we took the 3 points. There’s a reason no one does that early in a 3-3 game . Maybe if your holder is a good athlete you like to fake fg’s. But not in that situation with bos . You’re flat out mental for having an issue with people saying that was a terrible call. I mean really. Your last name Tomlin by any chance?

12. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Kicker should be “instructed” to never run that far with the ball, they will hunt you and hurt you.
    Also, buckle up your helmet real tight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    whats wrong? You think running a fake fg with your kicker doesn't expose him to injury? You know this is tackle football right? Have you seen boswell? Anyway the brain damage he just incurred was not the point. It was a moronic decision in the first place. Take the points.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    First half? It was halfway thru the fourth quarter down 10 in a game in which they were overmatched.

Take the L on this one and move on.

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    first half or 4th quarter it makes no difference. The point is y’all are going to ***** about everything imaginable. That’s what you do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I think on the road and getting the ball the 2nd half it was a good time to be aggressive. Would I have gone fake FG, probably not. However, if they just would have lined up and gone I probably would have been okay with it.

17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Possibly. I definitely would have preferred they lined the offense up to go for it over the fake FG. It fooled nobody. We would've had a better chance lining up the offense.

18. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    When you commit to a fake FG, it’s do or die. I don’t think Boz would have want to let anyone down by chucking it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    He is nauseating in defense of his boy

20. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would had taken the points. We might not ever know if it was a "check call" by the kicker based on how the Browns were aligned.

Any call that works is good. Any call that doesn't work is bad. The other guys get paid too.

Making a bad decision doesn't make Tomlin a bad coach. Just seems like the narrative that some people want to create simply focusing on the one negative. Tomlin also helped to coach this team to a win today. So there's that.

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I would have taken the points. Presumably they had something designed, it didn’t work, it happens. If it had worked we’d all be saying what a great play it was.

The real killer was the refs not throwing the flag for the dirty hit. We should have had first and goal near the goal line just before the half.

Hope Boz will be ok. Given that our offence struggles in the Redzone we need him

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That fake field goal was incredibly stupid. They had the opportunity to take the lead. Take it. Certainly don't put your kicker at risk.

23. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    1. Boz didn’t throw it as soon as the TE was open and let him run with it
    2. He held it too long
    3. He didn’t have his helmet secured and got a concussion as a life lesson

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Call was dumb, granted. But, I don't think you can anticipate it resulting in an injury to your kicker. That was just unfortunate. Also, I'd say 2nd best kicker. That guy on the Ravens is pretty dang good.

25. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I think we could be more aggressive in our play calling along with some trick plays.. However that was not the time to do it as it was a close game, defense is playing good and we could of taken the lead at that point. Also the fake field goal did not look like it was a well designed play and the tight ends didn't move much when Boz was scrambling.

Sometimes we win despite our bad coaching decisions, we were also lucky to not getting Ben killed out there with not chipping Myles Garrett on pass plays. Even the announcers were saying they need to do that.