1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

melvin ingram wants out

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nor, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Schefter now reporting the Steelers did, in fact, get a raven yesterday.

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    With that name I'd think she was a Chiefs or Washington fan.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That was a made up story if I ever heard one, her first hand account of what transpired, not via a source. Hard to come up with any excuse how she got that wrong.

My only point was her reporting isn’t the gospel.

Your past employment in the field clouds your judgment.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He spared people that were injured why do we think we won't have any more injuries just because everyone is healthy now?

5. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Impressive considering that Cleveland tends to rip the heart out of their fans ;)

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know, Steelers have put mine through a paper shredder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Is it me or does it seem like we have way more of these issues than most teams with players wanting out and demanding trades?

I attribute it to two things... #1 we have shown we are willing to bend over to what ever a player wants. We've shown every player that you can get your way in Pittsburgh. #2 it's a clear sign of poor leadership. Like any job when you have bad bosses people want out and it usually leads to ugly departures. Employee's that respect their bosses don't leave in this manner. They want to be a part of the team and if they do leave they leave with class.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I think Collinsworth is one of the best announcers there is. You are exactly correct. I love the Steelers but when they are bad and someone points out how bad they are I have to agree. If a team doesn't want negative coverage then play better. The negative coverage then goes away. I'll get roasted for this

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

I agree completely. But the part I find funny is you can come on this board (especially after a loss) and self proclaimed die hard Stiller fans will post things about the team, coaches and players that are 100x worse than what Collinsworth or some other reporter would ever say and that’s fine. But if a media figure is the least bit critical of the team, it can dismissed as simple blind hatred.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Like a pet Raven?

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s what I thought :thumbs_up:

12. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Easy. Somebody told her a story and went with it. I explained this, but your bias against the media is blinding you to the very simple explanation.

Her reporting isn't gospel, but it is far more valid than you make it out to be.

My past employment in the field allows me to actually understand what is going on in a way that you don't. Making things up doesn't pay. The few reporters who do it eventually get caught.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  13. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I don't believe her either. Lolley reported that Ingram has 242 snaps, 10 more than Highsmith, and 6 fewer than Watt. He has been on the field more frequently lately by my eye. He reported that the Chiefs called about Ingram and they turned them down, that was it.

Whatever the situation I doubt the Steelers move him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yep

i'll take a 3rd next year for him.

only top teams will try to get him, so it would be a late 3rd...

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    agreed - he was an ins policy. not sure how much time MT told he he'd play, but I only thinking 15-20 snaps per game.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    His snaps were way down against Seattle, which was the first time all season that both Watt and Highsmith looked healthy for the entire game. Perhaps he sees that as the direction the defense is going.

17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So at best she's lazy at worst incompetent. This reminds me of the intern who hooked up my father's pacemaker wrong. She claimed she did just what she was told. Still didn't make her anymore right.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Well, he’s likely out…. for Sunday anyway. Listed as doubtful.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wrong, your need to defend journalism at all cost isn’t allowing you to understand what I am telling you. It wasn’t a second hand account, she reported that SHE SAW it, you understand now, try to comprehend what I am telling you before replying with more nonsense. She then apologized red faced and stumbling about how she doesn’t know how she could have mistaken that.

You think I am a fake news person :lolol: You couldnt be talking out your ass more if you tried. Again, you are wrong, your past employment doesn’t give you insight because you are still associating todays reporting back when you did it, you didn’t have to tend with the influence of social media which drives everything in journalism today.

If you honestly think journalism integrity hasn’t suffered in today’s world you are incredibly naive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Steelers fans attack Aditi on social media more than Browns fans, that's probably why she reports the way she does on each team.

21. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Tomlin Sucks!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    A reporter made one mistake and you want to write her off as lazy or incompetent? The hatred of the media on this board really brings out comically-bad takes. You just added to the pile.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't defend journalism at all costs. I'm telling you how those mistakes happen. I honestly don't remember the incident and I didn't find it in a quick internet search. At the absolute worst, it is one mistake. It is comical that you and others here are trying to dismiss a reporter entirely based on one incident. It speaks to the blind disdain many people have for the media.

Actually, I wasn't a reporter that long ago and I still know quite a few people in the business. I understand the influence of social media on reporting better than you do. I understand the approach of reporters better than you do. This isn't bragging. I simply have experience and connections that you don't have. I'm sure you understand your field far better than I do.

Where did I say the modern world hasn't had a negative impact on journalism? I didn't, but now you are resorting to putting words in my mouth to try to sell your argument. I find that disappointing. You are normally better than that.

There is a difference between making a mistake and making a story up. Sure, there have been a few examples of reporters who made things up, but they are the exception, not the rule. I remember a guy making up a quote that he attributed to Gregg Lloyd in the '90s. If I remember correctly, it became Lloyd's excuse to not talk to the local media. There have always been a few dirtbags like that, but in my experience, those folks double down rather than admit their mistakes/misdeeds.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I miss Walter Cronkite

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1