1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the bye week.... AFC North edition

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Oct 26, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Cleveland is up next...Both of their starting tackles are injured.... Kareem hunt is injured.... Jarvis Landry and OBJ are not at full speed.... this is looking eerily like a certain recent playoff game that I don't want to mention

2. This ain't your daddy's Bengals

3. The Ravens have the softest secondary in the league

4. What's the word on tuitt, banner, macfarland, Carlos Davis etc ????

5. Do we trade James Washington now or wait for a comp pick in 2023

6. Hope we don't take offers for Melvin Ingram

7. Time for chase claypool to take the next step

8. Note to Keith Butler: the use Minkah Fitzpatrick like Troy polamalu experiment is not working... Get him back to single high

9. Get Tre Norwood more snaps

10. Let DJ return a few punts once in a while

• Like Like x 1
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Jedrick Wills returned to the lineup for the game against the Broncos, so at most, they are only missing one starting tackle. It looks like they will have Chubb back, too. I think we would have heard by now if Tuitt was going to return for that game, so this idea that the Steelers should win in Cleveland makes no sense to me. The Browns are hurting on defense, but they are a terrible matchup for the Steelers without Alualu and Tuitt.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    11. We've overrated the Steelers' ability to draft wide receivers. Ward and AB were self-made mid to late round picks, nobody else with staying power or a true #1 in Pittsburgh since the Noll era.

If they don't go QB next year in round 1 it might be time to take a true #1 WR.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Is the self-made comment an attempt to take credit away from the Steelers for drafting and developing those two great receivers? If so, that's a load of crap. Almost all great players put in the work, but that doesn't mean the teams didn't do something right as well.

They have drafted quite a few very good receivers, but sure, only one headed for the Hall of Fame and another who is borderline. Man, they just suck at it. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Browns are definitely a bad matchup for us with or without baker

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think it is going to be an issue. I can't see Mayfield being cleared for this one. If I'm the Steelers, that is bad news. I'd rather see a banged-up Mayfield out there. The Browns sometimes get a little pass-happy with him, which would be a gift. Cleveland should run, run some more, then think about it, and run even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yep… they can run all game and probably still win. We can’t stop it

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I don’t think Tuitt is even close to actually coming back unfortunately. As Scribe said without him and Alulu this Run D is in bad shape. That Seattle run game looked horrible last night which doesn’t bode well for us seeing how bad they gashed our unit.

9. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Biggest thing to worry about with the browns is Myles garrett and Jadeveon Clowney. While Cloney is not the world beater stud everyone thought he would be he is def no slouch when playing opposite of Garrett. I am only half joking when i say we could witness Ben's final game this season.

This O-line mixed with that Def Front is a scary thought. Ben is going to have a tough day. He will have to get the ball out fast.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    To be fair, the Saints are second in the league in yards rushing allowed, first in average per carry allowed (3.3).

I imagine the Steelers will load up on the run and dare Keenum to beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    They should have done that vs Geno Smith too though? I know TOMLIN got caught up in the 14-0 score but still

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Apparently, you didn't see DK Metcalf burn the hell out of Marshawn lattimore, and we don't have any corners near his talent

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Has Tuitt even come off of IR yet and officially opened his 3 week window? I don’t think he’s participated in practice, outside of a few individual drills. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

14. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Wait another half day, and there should be more to discuss.
    Tomlin has to give the weekly Tuesday press conference about the health of the team.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The problem wasn't the scheme. The problem was that they didn't adjust quickly enough when the Seahawks started pounding away at them.

16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    TOMLIN says all hands should be in the pile this week for active guys including Carlos Davis and Banner.

Did not mention Tuitt at all, I don’t think he’s close.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He actually did mention Tuitt. He said he didn’t have an update on him, but his return is not imminent this week. Said he’s progressing well….
    3 week window hasn’t opened yet. Would be nice to at least get him back practicing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    The article I read didn’t mention that gotcha. Still doesn’t sound like he’s back anytime soon which means the guy is missing more than half the season best case scenario

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    What do you mean by staying power? Salary cap and player development are two different things, no?

20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They re-signed the guys they wanted to keep, Hines and AB. Hoping DJ falls in that group.

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I hope we don't dare anyone to do anything, because they will.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Its amazing what these guys get paid for playing a game. Its more amazing what they get paid for not playing. Time to fish or cut bait. IMO>