1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to James Washington?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Oct 18, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Trade bait? Keep him healthy? Idk weird for sure

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Who on this team isn't dealing with a Groin issue. LoL

4. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I’m thinking maybe the Mason grudge has something to do with this? Obviously Washington was his guy at OK State and Ben can’t stand Mason. There is just no other logical explanation for Ray Ray Mcloud playing over him. Unless he re injured his groin but honestly this has been going on since Washington has been here. The guy was pretty decent with Mason and Duck….

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He broke the chain of command. He went outside his unit.

Other than that I got nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    FTFY ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Last year he was a decent return guy and not bad for a gadget here or there. This year he pretty much is completely useless all together.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What happens if Diontae or Claypool get injured, they would need Washington later in the season?

9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    They should of fired the strength and conditioning coach if we even have one. In training camp when they are supposed to be stretching were they all just sitting on the grass.

I am in Ontario and a few years ago the Blue Jays had a lead off hitter that was supposed to get on base and use his speed to steal bases, first game of the season he pulls up lame on his first at bat running to first base.

You would think if a huge part of your job was to run you would protect yourself by stretching properly. It's borderline ridiculous now.

10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This doesn’t even remotely make any sense even for what you post.

:facepalm:

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good thing Washington asked for a trade. His value dropped like a rock since. Dumb ass.If you want opportunities in life, earn them.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Point taken but we do not know the severity of Washingtons. He had 8 snaps and at least one reception. Perhaps he came out because it was tweaked?

• Like Like x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Washington has been wasted on the Steelers. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up being Emmanuel Sanders 2.0. Goes to another team and excels.

Steelers will end up having to draft WR again in the early rounds, when there are so many other pressing needs. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Makes the most sense. DJ couldn't stop fumbling his 1st year. Led the league in drops his 2nd year. James Washington jumped for a ball down the sideline instead of running threw and ended up in Bens doghouse and threw him under the bus in a post game interview.

Why? DJ has done a lot more and never got that treatment. Do you think James Washington isn't a likable guy in the locker room? I can't see that. Him and Ben actually have similar interest which is rare for him and a WR. It makes no sense why Ben doesn't like him.

Only reasonable explanation is Ben doesn't want James Washington to get confidence. Because then noodle arm Rudolph can come in and throw it up to him all game and pushing Ben out. Only explanation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. oksteelers#20

oksteelers#20 Member

Nov 15, 2011
    That's funny but if that's your criteria to bench someone who can help your offense move down the field then Johnson should be standing right next to him.

16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I hope he does. Seems like a good kid who deserves a legitimate shot

• Like Like x 1
  17. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Wanting a trade didn't win him any favors. Has never seemed to be favored by Ben. It's too bad the Steelers let such things get in the way because he's a good player

18. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    He seems to be a scrappy player that did well with Ben and for a little while almost seemed like he was his go to guy when needing a play. DJ and Claypool are who Tomlin is gonna roll with. Big knock on tomlin to me is that he will die on his sword on his players he chooses and almost hardly ever benches someone when their heads are up their butt. Not to mention we do not play to players strengths. Its no wonder Washington wants out. I know he said that he didn't request a trade but those grumblings usually have some merit somewhere at least to a little bit of a degree when they are reported. It would make sense that he would want out. He isn't a bad receiver but he's locked out of a depth chart that seems to think that we have 3 HOF #1 receivers in Juju, Claypool, and DJ. We've discussed Juju to death most agree he isn't a #1. DJ quits on routes way to much for my taste and has moments where he doesn't seem to have his head in the game, and claypool just does not fight for balls and is just very hit or miss as well as checking out at times as well (#1's do not do that). All have talent and DJ and claypool could probably become even better (we will see), but tomlin doesn't ever sit "his boys" and apparently doesn't think competition among positions is a good thing (your either a starter or a bench player until injury or contract dictates otherwise.

19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Just cannot fathom how Ray Ray is preferred on offence over JW, makes absolutely no sense. JW is no world beater but I’d like to see him get on the field more. We know what Ray Ray is at this point

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Seems contradictory to me. He only had 8 snaps because of matchups but yet they go on to say he missed Denver game and limited leading up to Sunday. Wait what?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s clear they prefer him in the slot over JW which you wouldn’t want to play him in but why not rotate DJ and Claypool in the slot while playing JW outside. There is no way this team is better with Ray Ray on the field over JW.

If it’s not injury related the only other thing I can think of is they are trying to trade him and don’t want him getting hurt.

I haven’t been the biggest JW fan but he deserves an opportunity here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I would be curious to see what Canada would say; hopefully someone will ask him as to why Washington is riding the bench right now.

23. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    This team is coached by morons, that's how.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    They told Tomlin that he should start playing X's and O's offensive style play and he figured somebody with W didn't belong.

25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

In what world is James Washington built like a FB?