1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Canada disputes Tomlin/Ben on 4th and 10 dump to Najee

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Even if you spot him the M, A and T.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    There’s always the possibility Mason or Haskins comes in, the playbook opens up, defenses have to stop crowding the LOS (even a little), and the offense actually does something positive. Don’t underestimate how success can rally the troops.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The point is they are still running what they were last year so it’s hard to judge Candas offense when Ben won’t run it.

We won’t know how good or bad his offense is until Ben is gone.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The articles are starting about Ben being benched by the bye week. Doesn't mean it will happen, but execs and coaches are starting to talk about it. Ben is seriously handcuffing this team.

Rudolph has experience running the same type of offence Canada wants to implement. If they don't give him a shot at some point, then the entire coaching staff should be fired. It's inexcusable to continue sticking with a QB that can't get the job done. Even Peyton got benched his last year, and that was for an ineffective Osweiller.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    It would be sad if they waited until any realistic playoff shot was gone by the time they replace Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep, all speculation Blast.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Im not convinced on this one. A lot of the offense are fairly new and won’t have the loyalty of, say, Pouncey. And when Mason was last in, the team rallied fairly well behind him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok...let's say You are correct...then When You do ....supposedly see Canada's true offense...Who will get the blame then.
    There is a reason this Guy hasn't hung around very long as a OC other places....No???...,or Did the other teams just not Have the right players for Him also???

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude We have run a lot of things We didn't run last year. Hell we lead the league in Runs on 1st down....just 2 name one thing. How many roll outs do You remember last year???? I've seen Quite a few this Year...in comparison of just 3 games. I guarantee Ben's not calling them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not this line, they've yet to rally. Your post gives me hope though.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone has failures at some point and everyone who has had success, found that success for the first time at some point.

You've already made up your mind about Canada, that's clear. The guy has been here for 3 weeks. He has the worst Oline in football, a washed up QB who is a one trick Pony and overrated WR's. At least give the guy a QB who can do what he was brought in to do, then judge him.

Based on what we saw last year and the changes on the Oline, did anyone actually expect it 6 offence to be good? I didn't.

Get rid of Ben and then maybe we can see what Canada wants to do and what he can do. The Oline is still going to limit what we can do to a degree, but Ben is killing this team.

12. fanfav

fanfav Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Is it possible Ben thought it was 3rd down vs the 4rth down that it was…embarrassed to admit it maybe ?

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm have not made up my Mind Yet, but this is the 2nd team I closely Watch He has been OC on...., and neither Has Look Good...By the way...Ben was not on the other team.:shrug:
    Nor was this Offensive Line

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Canada should be behind his qb & offense, not picking boogers & showing them off. Get to work motion man.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Those are play calls not a offensive system. Do you honestly think a statue like Ben is capable of running what Canada wants to do?

Until you see all the motion stuff that gets defenses out of position and playing on their heels, you are not watching Canadas offense. You’re watching an OC make play calls to the best of his ability with a very limited QB. A QB that is clearly struggling to even read what the defense is doing as evident by two idiotic passes to Harris in the flat.

17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    In all honesty we are still running Whiz's playbook. Everyone that has come in since then has had to roll with the same playbook with tweaks. Ben has pretty much admitted to this if you read between the lines. I think Haley probably had the biggest changes but that was also more of just teaching Ben to stop holding on to the ball so long and to realize when a play isn't there. Forcing changes on Ben as a OC gets you fired! Kissing Ben's butt gets you a promotion (ala Randy Fichtner)

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Whatever You say.:thumbs_up:
    I guess He had the same problem in LSU.
    Just Can't find a team 2 run His genius system.
    Maybe we can find a team just for M. Canada.
    We can only Hope.....Then SB abound. ;)