1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Bengals disaster

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Sep 26, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I usually don't either.
    So I agree.

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Again, to the victors go the spoils of war. Tyler Boyd is permitted to have his moment. The Bengals won soundly in that game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree his release is looking odd and forced. Very few clean spirals.

Im not defending all the playcalling but if you watch the tape you’ll see Ben missing open guys and throwing it short. His decision making has been questionable at best.

Where the playcalling has to improve is the run game. More sweeps and pitches, less off tackle to the right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

That said, the running game play calling is sadly a victim of the major issue; inability to attack the intermediate middle of the field and never mind the deep of it either. All defenses have to do is simply stack 5+ in the box to overwhelm the Offensive Line. Offensive Line play is another issue all together and one that, again, will not get better until later in the season.

6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Would it be too much to expect that with our offense looking this dreadful that our QB might actually practice all week? Yeah, I thought that was too much to expect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bateman is on the way, what do you think of him?

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I’m now wondering if the miscommunications with the WR’s is them running wrong routes or Ben making the wrong throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I think he's good. He and laamr didn't get alot of practice time so it will be an adjustment but he's adding something to that offense.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See. This is what I mean Blast. Youngest Wrs core in the league, 2nd oldest Qb in the league...Yet You automatically question if the miss communication is Coming from the One with the Most experienced. Yet when our most experienced Wr(JuJu) is out there their doesn't seem 2 be as much miss communication with Him.
    Yet You want 2 throw that out their. Plant the seed.
    If You were in the real world Job situation, and a Guy You new was for the last 18 years runs Your company pretty good, but You brought in the Youngest inexperienced group around Him, and all of a sudden things were going 2 Heck...would You automatically think it was Him:shrug:

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What about when young guys show up and it highlights that the old guy is washed up.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also Believe You said....I know it's out there in one of these comments...that they got Him help this Year, and You would see who's fault this Year it really was. Now it's back 2 the ....they got 2 get Him help.
    Yes I found where You said it ....now if I only knew How 2 bring it up into this conversation.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This quote kinda sums it up.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What about it. Name Me many games where the team Has 11 drops, No Hits....let Me repeat that ....No hits on the opposing Qb, and They Win majority of the Games.
    Do We both agree P. Mahomes is a Super Great Qb???
    If so He is 1-3 in His last 4 games(if You count the SB) with a terrible O- line, and a Bad Defense. Yet some expect Ben 2 Get past all the same problems. I don't need stats either. Wins, and Losses.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yet We Seen those Guys in the preseason ...without game planning, and Yet Ben looked better on 2 drives then the rest did the whole preseason.
    Not saying they won't ever amount 2 anything, but until We are forsure out of it....I Go with Who showed the best.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    1-3 in his last 5 games? That math don't work. Mahomes is still making plays. they are scoring points. Ben can't do **** right now. Plus you're not seriously comparing Ben to Mahomes are you? Sometimes it's not the loss that hurts it's the way in which you lose. Ben is not getting it done right now. and when you are counting for as big of a chunk of the salary cap as he is, he should be held to a higher standard. Now with all of hat said maybe he/we turn it around and get some things figured out.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I already fixed it. Sorry my finger Hit 5.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That was also against a basic preseason defense. I'm not say Ben absolutely can't get it done anymore, but he needs solid pieces around him and we don't have that right now.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Why every I bring up Mahomes in a comment...People's 1st reaction is.... You are not comparing Ben 2 Mahomes are You???:shrug:
    When in the comments I'm saying exactly what I'm comparing....That No matter Who the Qb ....a terrible O-line, and a not so good D is not a Winning formula for anyone. LoL.

20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Ben isn't able to put the team on his back anymore. He's more suited for a solid team that needs a solid veteran QB to make a run. Kinda like the Broncos did with Manning.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. I said that. So if He Looked better against a basic, Preseason, No game planning D with this team.....How the Heck do You expect them 2 look better with a Non basic, game planned D???
    What I'm I missing??

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Agee it's not a winning formula, but a guy like Mahomes has the talent to overcome that type of sublevel play. Ben does not anymore. I have little doubt that Kansas City will right the ship. Can't say the same about a Ben led Steelers team.
    I haven't totally given up hope at all. Things can still change for the better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Who is this young guy? Haskins?

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The Broncos sat Manning for their SB run. Are you advocating this? Save Ben for the playoffs?

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I just wanna win. Or at the least lose while being competitive.