1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers should've traded for Sam Darnold this past offseason

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 23, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Carolina got him from the Jets without giving up a first round pick, he could've been the Steelers starting QB in 2022. He's looking good so far for the Panthers.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I wanted to see him in Black and Gold in the worst way. He looks like a completely different player once he got out of that awful organization.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not sold Yet. They've beat a Jets 2-14 Team, A Saints team run by a Qb without a winning season, and if they win tonight...a 4- 12 Texans team without Watson.
    So I will hold my expectations of Him right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He looked awful in the first half! Should have lost 2 fumbles…

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Texans suck!!:poopy::puking 4:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Davis Mills is the project QB I wanted to draft 3rd roundish. Texans gambled early.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude you trash every QB, who cares who they beat, they're 3-0.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I wanted him as well, but I was happy that we didn’t beat the price that the Panthers paid (2021 6th + 2022 2nd and 4th). Time will tell on whether it was a good deal. He’s looked pretty good throwing the ball so far, and has enough mobility for defenses to have to account for him, but the guy still shows no pocket awareness. Fumbles were a problem for him in college, and he still seems unaware of what’s happening around him in the pocket. I mean, it’s good that he doesn’t just take off and run if his first read isn’t open, but he’s got to get a better feel for when the protection is falling apart. On one of those fumbles last night, it looked like the rusher should have been in his peripheral vision.

• Like Like x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You will probably just glance over what I write..
    Might be why You think I so call trash....EVERY Qb.

First it's funny when You put in who someone has beat 2 make Your point it matters, but if I put who someone has beat... it doesn't. :shrug:
    I trash every Qb. Honestly????You really think that???
    I think Brady is Great, I think Burrow can be, I think Wilson is Great, I think Mahomes is Great, I think the K. Murray can be great just worry about His size. This is just 2 name a few.

Yeah sorry I'm not jumping for joy over A Qb that has never had a winning season , and has beat 2 teams with a combination of wins of 6, and beat a team with a Qb that has never had a winning season. My bad.
    So Yeah no I don't trash every Qb, but I do not slobber over every Qb that has had a one good Year , or has not had 2 play with a team Yet that has been hampered with the said Qbs cap hit.
    So either You are having a bad day, or You are getting like some MT haters that can't see good when there is good , and bad when there's bad...because they are blind with hate.:shrug:
    Like I said You probably won't read all of this....So .....:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Well you always doubt Josh Allen, Lamar, Baker etc, if you put Mahomes on that sorry Jets team he would suck too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I still doubt J. Allen, Lamar, and Baker.
    Doesn't Mean I trash all Qbs like You said.
    Like I said , and will continue 2 say ....You really don't know what a Qb really is till He has 2 play on a team effected By His cap hit. 2 Be honest most Qbs coming in should do well....because most team without a Qb salary can spend Like crazy....Like buffalo, ravens, and browns.
    Hell our Qb went 2 two SBs on His rookie contract. Same with Wilson.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It depends if the team spends the money wisely, the Giants still suck QB on rookie deal,

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Baker...lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't think there is much of a difference between Darnold and Mason.

If Darnold was here he would be doing the same thing as Mason, just sitting on the bench waiting for someone on the coaching staff to grow a pair of balls.

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    If Darnold were here, he wouldn't be any better than he was on the Jets.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    He sucked behind a bad o line in New York and he would suck here too. We need a fast mobile dual threat QB.

17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    You really gotta fix the coaching issues on this team (and the O line) before you can really do much else especially take on a rehabilitation project like Darnold. I believe Darnold will do well but his confidence was shot and needed to go somewhere that worked for him. The steelers were not that place for him or really anyone else. We have to get better coaching and purge alot from this team and organization.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Destroy the Cowgirls this week Sam. :clapping:

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Opposite happened lol. Dallas has a defense now whoops

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I wanted him too but wih the way the Steelers are handling Ben's decline and their inexplicable loyalty to Haskins, he'd be rotting. Going to a rebuilding team with one of the better young coaches in the league where he can relearn things and play was the right move.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You did see Him revert back 2 his Usual this week right. He already has 6 turnovers this Year.
    People talk about Ben...LoL.

22. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Everyone has a bad game. It's undeniable he looks better this year than he did in New York

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This aged well. LoL. So maybe wasn't the Jets ....Just like I said.
    Hold on I just hurt my shoulder . Happens when I pat my own back . LoL.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The season isn't over yet, the Panthers have also been without McCaffrey most of the season.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't look good getting benched. Just saying.
    So everything has 2 be perfect for him 2 thrive. Mine as well keep Ben then.:shrug:
    Just face it Sam is not very good. He wasn't very good in the Big Dog team in His College conference. He wasn't Good at all in the Jets, and He's not Very good with the Panthers. How many more places must He be not very good at before You agree???:shrug: