1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin is ineffective and should be fired if we lose to the Bengals

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 21, 2021.

1. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Honestly, Tomlin should be fired regardless of this coming week's results, but if we do lose (and I won't be surprised if we do), Senile Rooney needs to grow a set and fire this over-paid cheerleader. In 15 years, this dude has done nothing but make bad decision after bad decision. Every time the game is on the line and decision making is key, how many of you actually feel good that this stooge is at the helm of those decisions? Scenario: It's 4th and 1/100th of an inch, there's 2 minutes left in the game and we're down by 9. What do we do Coach Tomlin?? Tomlin: Derrrr .. let's punt and live to fight another day. We strive in the face of adversity! Hoo-rah!!"

Tomlin had the luxury of riding a team that Cowher built to a championship and his many, many years of glaring weaknesses and poor decision making were masked by a HOF QB in his prime and strong drafting by KC. Be honest .. when the game is on the line and it comes down to a call by Tomlin how many of you EVER feel good about that? If you're being honest, I bet the answer is not a one!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Unfortunately, Tomlin will be HC for the Steelers until he wants to leave. Tomlin would make an excellent analyst for either Fox, CBS, ESPN or NFL Network.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious x 1
    • Winner x 1
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Have you NEVER read this message board before?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Queue up the MTAS (Mike Tomlin Apologist Society)

But, but, but... Mike Tomlin has never had a losing season... how is it coach's fault cause he isn't on the field... the players just can't execute... Ben just isn't a leader... who would you rather have as the coach... fans of other teams would love to have him as their HC... too many players get injured... Ben turns the ball over too much and makes bad decisions... wah wah wah...

It's never MT's fault that his squads under achieve in the minds of the MTAS. Mike likes to say that we don't make excuses. That's because the MTAS has all the excuses covered for him. Get ready for another typical late season collapse. That is if his squad even sniffs the postseason which is doubtful.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Tomlin has worn out his welcome, an organizational emema is needed - coaches, etc.... we are going nowhere fast again this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I said a couple years back the Ben and Tomlin combo will never win another super bowl and I stand by that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The mantra of Tomlin is that he wins ones he shouldn't and loses ones he shouldn't.

Tomlin isn't going anywhere. He will leave on his own terms.

Steelers would have to have several under .500 seasons for Rooney to consider it even happening.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    That's because Senile Rooney is an ineffective moron too. How does he address the Steelers not being an AFC threat for the last decade? He gives the washed up QB a mega contract and extends the poop for brains head coach. Good call, Senile Rooney!

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    yes

it all goes back to ownership, that is for sure

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The standard is make the playoffs. How far have we've fallen? :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The window has been shut for years now. Anyone who thinks this current team can earn a Super Bowl berth is delusional. Rebuild should have started in 2018 season after loss to Jax in playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

If you have the current Ben being coached by the ghosts of Vince Lombardi, Chuck Noll and Paul Brown, with Sid Gilman as the OC, he’d never win another SB.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look at me

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :shock:

15. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    As others have said, Tomlin will leave on his own terms.

He would need to have 3 consecutive losing season to be fired. This year is likely to be his first losing season.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Way to bring something new and fresh to the message board. I’ve never heard that suggested here before.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Raven flock has landed...lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Just imagine the super team you'd have if they would only grant a franchise to Benny and Mikey and, now, Bobby amongst others here. Coach makes a bad call? Fire him and replace him with the next Bellychuck! QB makes a bad read and gets intercepted? Bench him and put in the next Montana! Of course, there'd be no salary cap concerns. They would consistently trade up to the # 1 spot in the draft......... SB every year!

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    You're right. It's probably not new or fresh. Unfortunately these aren't words in Rooney's or Tomlin's vocabulary.

Fanbase: You all sucked BIG TIME the last handful of games in 2020. How do you intend to correct that?

Senile Rooney: Big Ben has earned the right to continue playing this year and beyond if he chooses.

Poop For Brains Tomlin: The only thing we have to do differently is win. Derrrrr ...

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Perfect answer :thumbs_up:

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    :sleep:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    From 2016-2018 I was one of the harshest Tomlin critics and still can't wait for the day both sides move on. A fresh start can be good for everyone.

With that said, it doesn't make sense to fire him post a Bengals loss this week when you put in consideration for how many players are injured. They may or may not win. That's why you play the game.

• Like Like x 1
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yeah that’s all been said here like 1000 times. Get anything new to offer?

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I couldn't even go over there after they pulled out that win against the Chiefs. I'm sure they are feeling like world beaters. Even if they lost they can still hang with them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I was shocked the SNR guys said they did not practice goaline and short yardage at all during camp.

Rooney laid down the mandate. The run game should have had a complete emphasis during practices.

I'm a Tomlin supporter, but that irks me. We went right back to last years offense at times during the Raiders Game. Nothing changed.

Where is all this motion from Canada? ... No where.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1