1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. Watt already hurt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by hmmmmm, Sep 19, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Full participants means they took part in all facets of training camp and preseason not the measure to which they participated. Watt was not a full participant as he only took part in individual drills, conditioning sessions, and I'm assuming film study but did not do team drills or preseason games. So two guys who did the activities Watt did not do to what ever degree both had soft tissue injuries. Watt who did not do the same level of preseason activities as two of his teammates sustained a soft tissue injury as well. What do we know? Three players all had soft tissue injuries for which it would seem no amount or lack of preseason activities seem to have prevented. Bottom line injuires like poo happen. Now I'm going to go cause the sun to some up in the morning because when I command the sun to rise it always does therefore I am a god.

:roflmao:god I kill me:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What part are You not getting out of what I said. I You not actually reading it.
    1. HADEN IS OLD. I expect him 2 have injuries, here and there. When has he not lately.
    2. You can't be full participants, and be cautious of healing injury. (Bush)
    3. I said this Before Watt signed, and Hoped it didn't happen. Go Look.
    It happens every year.
    It be like saying that smoking can cause cancer, and You saying what about the people that have cancer that never smoked. So what therefore smoking doesn't cause cancer????:shrug:

3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I get what you are saying I do but you are dismissing the same injury to two players one based on his age, would it matter if he was 20 and pulled his groin and the other based on that player coming back from an ACL injury and still taking a part in all camp activities even with care given to his status. The really stupid part of this discussion is that it could be anyone on the 53 man roster that took part in everything that Watt didn't that pulls a groin from Harris to Ben and it doesn't prove a thing other than injuries happen and yes I know you said it during numerous discussions about Watt I don't dispute anyone that said it, just that just because the injury happened doesnt mean the cause for it was that he didn't take part in team drills and preseason. My god people Aaron Smith has his career ended by two shoulder muscle injuries in consecutive seasons, Heyward and Tuitt both lost seasons to shoulder\chest muscle injuries that looked basically benign, Ben's freak elbow injury didn't appear to be that difficult of a play.

S.T.D. I don't want to argue so I will just say this not matter what people who thought TJ was making a money grab or that he should have been practicing or that he got overpaid will look at this injury and say I knew it would happen. They will bring up Woodley or someone else who got their pay day and then disappeared. So if that makes them feel better about the situation whatever. I'm not saying you are doing that by the way just that it will be said. I just happen to think you can do all the right things and end up getting hurt and you can do all the wrong things and still get hurt, it is what it is.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes ,and You can still get cancer from not smoking cigarettes, but that doesn't mean cigarettes don't cause cancer.
    I also didn't even think about the money. I just think .....hell I know....that soft tissue injury seem 2 happen a.....
    Oh...Hell I'm tired of talking about.

5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep a lot of truth there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    "You can get hurt on any play at any time."

Bud Dupree

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Media jinx'd him this week with the "Polamaluesque" ability. Steelers are one of the worst front runners in the history of sports. Anytime they are suppose to win, they don't. When they are suppose to lose, they win. It's just better if we say they suck ass every week so they can focus on winning.

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really I just want our players back. Should have known with Haden out we would lose. Since Hadens been here....Have We won any game He was out ????

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Bud preachin the truth Capitan. I use to talk about underestimating our secondary but got shot down.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    NFL going to 17 games is depressing. Odd number games is stupid, just like the commissioner. These guys are all pulling groins because their bodies are not conditioned to play NFL football. The offseason programs and preseason are suppose to condition the body to get you ready to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Limited practice...:facepalm:
    Have to do that now i guess.

12. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I’m more concerned with Bush if he can’t stay on the field they need to part ways when his contract is up.

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Fitzpatrick bit, thinking it was a run and got caught out of position. Yes Witherspoon was the primary coverage. By the way Fitz didn't do much the whole game. Might of been his worst rating since been a Steeler.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  14. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  15. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    I think he got caught looking at Waller, which may have been his primary focus on that play and most of the game. Either way, not great awareness.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Sickening what we had to give up to draft Bush too....

He's been nearly invisible his entire Steeler career. He's no Shazier.

17. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Who is? That’s a crazy bar to set. Shazier was a one in a million player.

18. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Shazier was not one in a million. He was a pro-bowl level LB which is what you expect when you draft a LB in the first 10-15 picks of the draft. Bush hasn't come close to flashing pro bowl ability and we gave up 3 picks to move up to draft him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Watt has a chance to play this week, according to Schefter. At the very least, this would indicate that he’s probably not going to miss multiple games.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That seemed to be the game plan, to focus on Waller, so that may have been a mix of scheme and Fitzpatrick reacting poorly.

21. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    No he’s not

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    What about all the people who do smoke and don't get cancer? JK

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.
    Actually that was spinning around in My goofy A$$ mind. LoL

24. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Yes, he’s worth being the highest paid D, BUT, this is why you don’t load the guaranteed monies I always agreed with our office in that. Just this time there was so much pressure placed on the office to give in and we just couldn’t lose hm. I think his number should be changed to 88 cuz that’s what I Keep seeing as he stands on the sideline spitting sunflower seeds.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Devin Bush is not in the same atmosphere as Shazier was. Devin Bush is a liability
    in pass coverage, I am betting right now the Steelers will not be offering a second contract.