1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's last 8 games

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Sep 20, 2021.

1. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not sure of the love affair with Dobbs, but I do not agree that he offers the best chance to win.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah helped him a lot against an average Virginia Tec didn't it. LoL. We will see how much UNC Qbs running abilities help him in real games. He'll we already have. The only decent team He's faced

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Any pro mobile QB then. We are playing 10 on 11 ..We can't run because our QB is no threat to run we can't throw in the middle because of the same reason .. We could actually run if we had a mobile QB .. Harris is getting beat up for no reason this season is over ...

4. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Since that game back to back 300 plus passing yards and 100 yards rushing as well as the other RB's going off as well ... The point is you have to beat the D 1 way or the other or with a combo of QB play..Either a athlete or a Guru or a mixture of both..Ben is neither at this point and Defenses know it ..

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not sure if Rudolph even threw a TD in pre-season this year with all his playing time. Doesn't bode well for regular season games. Cue HeinzMustard......................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah against nobody's. His only close 2 real team he faced....nothing...Hell he hurt the team. College is not NFL. The difference between teams in college is Night , and Day. In the NFL it's not. Even the Best NFL teams compared 2 the Worst NFL teams are way closer in talent.
    Hell I could Use my college Qb...He looks OK right now, against Texas, and easier teams....Guaranteed He won't look so good against Georgia, Texas A&M, Auburn, and Alabama when We play them....So should we draft Him also??? He's mobile. I mean if your mobile your great....right???

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    All You are is a seller of Mobile Qbs. That's it really. Yet the most Mobile Qbs we've had in the league have won Nothing....unless they could play from the pocket 1st and foremost.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will be gone before we pick I think we find a way to win 6 game I think he goes top 3...He is a good fit for the Matt stle O and would be a much better option than the current Ben.. At least we could run..So yes we should draft him if we can..

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With a new OL and no stud WR who can beat any 2 people you must have a mobile QB or the running game is toast and Teams will take away the short passing and the middle os the field..The Rats just beat KC because of their mobile QB they even ran well wiyh a RB off the street because of the QB.. This is what our OL needs and our stud RB..

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Browns almost beat KC....maybe KC right this second is not that good. WHY didn't they beat raiders....the same team we just lost 2?????????
    Here comes the excuses.

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No excuse the Browns have a mobile QB as well...The Rats had the Raiders beat their Defense went soft and let the Raiders back in the game...

KC would beat our current Team by at least 30..

12. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    That's a top 5 WR corps playing with a bottom 5 QB right now. Lots of QBs would kill for that talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It is going to be up to the Fans to do this. It needs to start getting really nasty and humiliating for the Steelers front Office to tell Tomlin to bench Ben.

Last year was Ben's free pass with no fans in the stands. This year it is going to take the Boo Birds to come out to sit Ben down.

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben's superstar receivers need to help him out. Personally i think he should be looking for Muth more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    This shyte has been a problem for years. Ben greedily eschews the checkdown, kills a drive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Are we scheming to take advantage of Ben’s strength, whatever is left, or to placate Ben?

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You could really say the raiders beat the ravens twice that night, or you could say the same here ....we could have beat the raiders if ...our....Defense didn't go soft.
    That's what makes me laugh. Praise different teams for what people down their own team for.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No You forget....those people disagreed and Said Ben doesn't make Wrs....the great Wrs are what made Ben, but now all of a sudden the Wrs aren't any good because Ben sucks. Funny how they seem 2 have it both ways.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers are going to have to hit the lottery in the middle of the 1st round with a QB. Or the Steelers will likely have to suck really bad to get a top pick and get the next QB star.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    With the pounding that Ben took last week continuing, MT won't have a choice. Ben would still try and play with a cast on but someone will need to act like someone who is in charge.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    When does a team with TB at QB become a 10 man team? I mean, he can't run worth a damn either. Tampa is able to game plan around Brady's lack of mobility and get results. That is what hurts us. IMO

• Winner Winner x 2
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Brady is a Guru he knows every defense every alignment and every possible blitz he knows who is open who is partially open who is covered but when and where to throw to them as well..He knows all this pre snap and directs routes or calls hot routes that attack what the D wants to do on that play ...If Ben could do these things our Offense would be fine as well as stated he can't and Teams know that he can't , they have a extra defender to play the run and the pass really they have 2 as they are playing a lot of single high now daring him to throw deep...

So I agree a great game plan could help , but the QB must be able to know what he is looking at unfortunately our QB never cared to be a student of the game...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Here's another one. Kaboly appears to be deceptively blaming the OL, when in fact Ben had two guys to choose from. He's gotta be able to pull the trigger on Juju from that pocket but he freezes up. MOF is a no throw zone right now for Ben.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Ben is washed . More and more of those videos prove it. He doesn’t even see the field anymore . It’s like his brain is gone lol. When Manning was washed his arm was a noodle , Ben can still put it in the air but doesn’t have it between the ears anymore . It’s odd

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    There the same dang videos. He and Owl keep posting in different threads

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1