1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's post game press conference

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by dbellohio, Sep 19, 2021.

1. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    For the last 2 years Ben has continued to make the comment "I wasn't good enough today", I think he realizes he doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't offer what he needs to improve on and what he is going to do. I also find when he asked direct questions Like when they played a lot of high single coverage is it more detail needed on offense or other items, Ben states "I just need to be better"

Also interesting on the 4th down question if he could go to Tomlin and ask to go for it, his comment was no the punt team is running on the field. Maybe use a timeout to discuss, oh wait we had already taken timeouts for no reason.

He was also asked what contributed to the struggles and Ben said he didn't know and we got to get it figured out as he put in more time than normal, probably more than I ever had. Ben maybe you don't have it anymore to direct a productive offense.

He is happy it is still early and have a long road ahead for the team. I agree but it is the same thing we saw last year even thru the 11-0 start. The offense is struggling again.

One thing I thought was interesting was Ben mentioned their linebackers were playing soft. With that comment it only makes our lack of a run game even more of a concern.

Ben has been great for the Steelers and I appreciate all the years, he has been on a downward spiral before his elbow injury.

With that said, we are right were I thought we would be after 2 weeks 1-1, now let's hope the players injured heal and get ready for a win with a very important division game against the Bengals next week.

Link to Ben's presser

2. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We're running Ben's offense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Im happy he did not throw 4 picks in this game. It was close, we had a chance, a little bit.

4. dbellohio

dbellohio Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Might be time to run a new offense :)

5. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    That's been true for a long time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben took a beating today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He definitely did. I thought there were some hits on him that could have been called for PF roughing penalties, most coming after the ball was out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Not for Big Ben, he's a tank.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I still support Ben. He was getting killed out there today and still made some passes that the receivers didn't help him in any way with. The interception was all on DJ not going to get the ball. He completely gave up on that play even if it was an ill advised pass he should have been more aggressive and it probably wouldn't have been picked.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Johnson did that about 10 times today and was never benched for the lack of effort. Apparently Tomlin thinks it’s acceptable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    10 times? Gonna need some proof of that.

12. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Everyone is different. Johnson has immense talent and maybe positive reinforcement is what he needs instead of hard assed discipline.

13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The writing is on the wall. Ben should be retired by now. Eli and Rivers were better than this in their final runs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Eli was trash the last 2 years. No.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    He needs to be told if he stops on the route it is ten times more likely that it gets intercepted also he will never draw a flag by stopping. Hard discipline? I didn’t realize coaching wasn’t allowed in the NFL. Send me your address and I will mail you your participation trophy.

16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe next year...or the year after that...or the year after that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Nah, everyone is different. Didn't they try benching him last year? How did that work? Obviously they see the talent and ability and don't want to give up on him and are trying the best to get it out of him. Benching didn't work, maybe positive reinforcement will.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  18. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    They obviously didn’t tell him to not give up on the route because he kept doing it. My bet is the never talked to him about it because the coaches suck and Johnson is not a number 1 WR

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Still waiting for that proof of 10 times.

20. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm glad he came back this year. If he plays terribly, it should make it a little easier for whoever follows him. If he retired last year and we lost today, everyone would be ready to run Rudolph out of town. Sadly, I still believe his elbow is shot (similar injury to Maddox) at this age. I think Rudolph could be more accurate downfield. However, no one can be safe behind this O-Line.

• Like Like x 1
  21. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If the Steelers would have been able to win the Super Bowl this past year behind our Defense and it was Ben instead of Brady tossing the Lombardi from one boat to the other?... It would have been at the bottom of the Allegheny or Ohio River.

22. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Its a team sport. The QB needs help. We lack playmakers on offense. Oline is a mess. Same issues in both games.

Wr’s struggle to get separation. Every WR we have struggles with consistency. Timing seems to be a big problem but that could also be a symptom of poor blocking… my guess its a combination of both.

The same theme this year as with all of Tomlin’s teams. We are not sharp. Sloppy. Not button up’ed .

not sure what the solution is but Id start with using our new TE a ton more and get Harris more involved as a pass catcher.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I didn’t like a lot of what he said there in his press conference. Ben saying he needs to be better and wasn’t good enough aren’t good enough solutions moving forward. I still think there is enough talent on this offense that Ben and everybody else will be okay and they will be able to be productive and score points as we move into the season. This sets up what is a very big game early on in the year against the Bengals next week especially with the Browns winning today and the Ravens unexpectedly beating the Ravens. The Steelers really need to win this game and get back to 2-1 overall and 1-0 in the division before heading into Green Bay in 2 weeks. A loss next week to the Bengals and I think there will really start to be a lot of panic in the streets of just how good this team truly is.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    And He had that blond headed kid (Obj) that went 2 cleveland , and disappeared.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Got him hurt one could argue.