1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

OLine and specifically Trai Trai

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Fe3CCity, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Curious if anyone else saw, but if there was one guy I think had that jump and pep to make contact is way Trai.

I do hate that Trai didnt seem to hold blocks but can move a body with a great punch.

Anyone see differently or the same?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    This was an effective block. Shows the difference in aggressiveness compared with Chuks. Don't have to hold the block if you knock'em down.

Green seems to be putting in the hustle. I was disappointed he wasn't able to get a block in the open field to get Claypool into the end zone.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I thought the line as a whole was okay. The Bills have a tough front 7. Always room for improvement, but not a bad starting point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe if Claypool cuts that back in He gets a block and TD. JMO

5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    You may be right, I think maybe 21 gets him. Chase tried to setup the block for Green though by not just heading for the pylon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed :thumbs_up:

7. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    It looks like a bit of both. If green is a little more wide he gets body on him and not hands TD

Chase bend it in a bit early Jordan poyer ( I think ) gets set up to get block.

Small refinment needed each way. Both players not knowing how the other will set it up yet.
    Week 1

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Moot point if they punch it in. Alot of opportunity to improve the offense, I am still hopeful the new O can improve in the red zone. Probably just missed on the throw to Najee.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Well of course but I'm suggesting those 2 things could have gotten the TD with no need at more attempts.

Your right in which it could have been a forgetting play in the game if there was a TD.

So, from the 4 or so, what should we do? Not putting on the spot just asking what you'd like to have seen.

• Like Like x 1
  10. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Power run on first maybe, not shotgun. I think that pass went through Ebron's hands so just need better execution.

• 1st & Goal at BUF 4
      (3:19 - 3rd) (Shotgun) N.Harris up the middle to BUF 6 for -2 yards (T.White).

• 2nd & Goal at BUF 6
        (2:33 - 3rd) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short left to E.Ebron (T.Johnson).

11. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah not good

I am the only one that saw a removal of Ben from under center in the 2nd half?

I saw A TON more RB side car.

Is this what we thought it would be? Is this Ben saying, that's not working?

I'm not trying to stir ben trouble but seemed off from comments we've heard.
    Feels a little colts game-y from last year or am I wrong?

12. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    They converted the 3rd in short on that drive from under center, 2 yard gain. Looking at the first down run if Najee decides to cut left there is an opening between Moore and Dotson. I would try to run to the left side of the line.

To your point play action from under center I would like to see in those situations.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Fe3CCity

Aug 21, 2012

Yeah Dotson and Moore ( maybe for the year ) I think will be the "strong side" for the running game.

Do we both agree that once banner is back chuks is out?
    Unfortunately, I see chuks as a hold over from a different style. I think he could be a solid pass blocker but has bad angles in space and seems reactionary.

This entire "mean streak" bs seems to be actually playing out, a true firing off the line and attacking. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think L Bell was in the spot of hesitant running in a passing scheme which brought success.

Obviously we are going in a different direction. My question is who is pulling, or maybe pushing, thier weight on the oline?
    I'd suggest chuks isn't and I may get hate but green has been bullied. I think the gaurds are helping him currently from what I've seen. I could be wrong and not talking in open space.

Just so you know we can make a thread to chat about the better points removed from "tomlin blah blah" and "Ben blah blah"

Do you think we.can lock that thread to just a few of us?

JK boys.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I’m hopeful that Dotson, Moore and Greene are long term starters and will underpin a new look line for the next decade. They are going to have some issues this year undoubtedly but by the looks of it they were all good draft selections in the middle rounds. Good job by Colbert

I’m clinging to a faint hope that Banner improves the right side when he come off IR and Chuks goes to the bench to be the swing / Tackle eligible. I have no basis to expect this improvement other than they clearly like Banner and surely would have brought somebody else in to help by now if that isn’t the plan.

Turner has stop-gap written all over him and I expect they’ll be looking to the draft again next year for a guard.

Long term I think the line will be ok but in the here and now it is definitely an issue

15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    They're OK, but were missing their best DL and starting a rookie. The Steelers will face better fronts.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    That's true, but we were all expecting a trainwreck. I'm happy with OK for now. Hopefully being OK this early means that the will be pretty solid by mid season.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016

The running game was also more effective in the second half. Maybe it was just an adjustment specific to the Bills' defense.

18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think they need to get Okorafor out of there as soon as possible. I don't think they see Haeg as a real option, so that means giving Banner his shot when he is able to return.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I’m confused, I thought he was going to be walked back into Ben all game?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Their biggest problem is that they can't block 9 with 5 and 6. Nobody respects the passing game so the box is loaded.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So my friend did You just watch our game last week???, or do You just notice things about ours You tend 2 miss on others. Like LBs covering Wr. Which I see a few times every Game on both teams. Example raiders # 44 covering The ravens S. Watkins....but only our D does that.
    Because I watched 5 games , and 3 out of the 5 games the box was loaded most the game. Using the last Game ravens were in the box most of the game....So they didn't care about the raiders passing game. Maybe they should have.
    Please...Please quit saying things because You hear others say them.

22. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    It’s hard to judge when your eyes keep being drawn to Muth driving Tre’Davius White into the parking lot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Watching the replay I was nervous it would draw a flag

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    At this point Ed Oliver is probably better than Star, who sat out last season.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's something we didn't see from the TE position last season.

• Agree Agree x 1