1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and Losers Steelers vs Bills

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Sep 12, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Is he Irish?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think the whole team deserves kudo's. I didn't think they would do squat but they did. They won against a good team at their place and it was a team effort. Although the Offense took a half off to get their act together, the D kept them in the game until they did. Thank you refs for some great calls especially Ben's pick that was negated but that's good fortune on our part. Bos was Bos and on target. Harris can't get going until this OLine gets their #hit together but should happen if we don't abandon the run effort. Ben was off tonight with some @hit throws that were way off especially to Harris but did good enough. Lots of rust but we'll at least go fwd with a W.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I can already tell I'm going to get irritated as the week plays out because too many of these so-called pro football "experts" are going to mitigate the Steelers win today by saying thing like, "Well, the Bills left plays on the table." "The Bills didn't take the Steelers seriously." "It's the first game of the season. If Buffalo would have played them in week 8, they'd mop the turf with them." Blah, blah, blah. Pittsburgh won because their defense played well, Allen wasn't good enough and the Steelers offense and special teams contributed big plays. Total team effort.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Imagine pining away for Berry :facepalm:

Harvin first 2 punts were 51 and 41 yards, how awful. His 30 yard punt from the back of the endzone he obviously tried to do to much with it and he had a 39 yard punt, 39 yard punts sum up Berrys career but sure, bash the rookie for it in his first NFL action.

Harvin had a 5th punt but don’t know what that one went for.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He held the field goal snaps well. So...I'm cool. That's all I really worried about, and I was watching closely every time. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Berry signed with Minnesota

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Loser: Bills Mafia
    Their fans was talking a lot of trash before the game, they thought they were going to get a easy win against Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 2
  8. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Winners:

-This defense is special. When Tuitt gets back and if they can stay healthy, there are shades of ‘08/‘10 here.
    -Sutton looks to be up to the task. I was 50/50 on whether they signed the correct CB. Time will tell, but I was pleased with what I saw today.
    -WRs. They all look to be locked in this year. DJ stood out but Claypool had some awesome catches. JuJu was solid.
    -Boz. His kicks were all down main street. With a New snapper and holder, that shouldn’t be taken for granted.
    -Coaching staff. The game plan worked, and obviously half time adjustments worked. Take away garbage time, and they held the Bills to around 300 yards. Allen looked pedestrian.

Losers:

-Seemed to me that Chuks was simply abused all day. Hope he gets up to par quickly.
    -Running game is just ugly.
    -National media that slurped the Bills. Suck on it!

With this (healthy) defense, the Steelers should be in every game this year. If they can figure out how to manufacture a run game, this team will be a viable contender. This victory is huge on many levels. I’m going to enjoy it!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Steven Nelson who, the secondary as a whole did a good job of containing Stefon Diggs, unlike last season when he killed them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Winner: wherever he goes to get his comfort food cause it looks like he can eat.

11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    His last punt pinned the Bills back on their own 9 yard line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I guess a Bills fan would says theirs did much worse. LOL.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I did some lurking on the Bills.com MB and I have to say that the folks over there were pretty level headed in their assessment of today's game. Many said they were nervous about it. One guy pointed out how the Steelers were aggressive this off season in the way they addressed some of their personnel needs. Sure, there was some whining about the holding penalties, but most of the members knew the Bills were in for a battle because they respected the Steelers defense.

• Like Like x 3
  14. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't know of he could keep up with Big Snack, but doesn't appear to miss any meals. I think he's going to be an excellent punter.

15. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    And he was phenomenal today. Had the best punt of his career. 63 yard bomb that got the Vikings out of a bad spot.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I only remember 1 bad kick, another on the 22 that could have been a lot deeper, and 2 excellent kicks

17. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Chuks may find the bench if banner gets healthy

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Here's some losers leaving early

They never learn :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    What’s more, Joseph, Loudermilk, Jones and Witherspoon are coming up to speed and will contribute soon. This D is deep

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I'm definitely not pining for Berry.
    But this is the winner loser section, and i think he has got to do better in crunch time.

• Like Like x 1
  21. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    berry's in minn and had a nice 60 yard or so punt downed at the 10. berry looked good

22. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Consistency was always Berry’s issue, rather than power.

I think PH3 will be fine though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Of course not Glenn. But he isn’t good, and will lose his starting job the minute Banner is ready from ACL replacement. Chuks is on the final year of his contract, so the Steelers would not eat much. His skills are easily replaceable, the only thing that will keep him around after this season is that he knows the system and you know what you are getting.
    IMHO Banner ain’t it either, has bounced around to several teams and has talent but can’t stick or stay healthy.
    I am not sure what is holding up Banner’s return. He is a behemoth even by NFL lineman standards, damn near 7 feet tall and has been near 400 lb at times, and that mesmerizes coaches. He has had weight problems in the past, going back to his USC days.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Then why did you ask if he’d be cut if he plays bad next week?

• Like Like x 1
  25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If he was a FA I think he'd get a call. The knock on Harvin all camp was inconsistency, which showed itself yesterday. Another game like this and they'll be scouring the waiver wire.