1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

cuts and keeps

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Aug 30, 2021.

1. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Someone mentioned that if Joseph is on the 53 man roster for game 1, his vet salary is guaranteed for the entire season.
    If he is on the PS for the first game, they can always chose to promote him later, make him a PS call-up, or cut him without dead money.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't expect much from him. the Raiders defense is terrible, and they still cut Joseph.

3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The only song I ever associated him with was Danke Schoen, and I think he was in his early teens when he recorded it. Other than that, some TV and movie cameos and a very lucrative career in Las Vegas night clubs, I don't know much about him.

• Like Like x 1
  4. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I think that could be a case of he suffered with the system and the talent or lack thereof around him. Well, that's what I'm hoping, anyway. They are as dangerously thin in the secondary as they are along the o-line.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Its the Only song I know also , and the one my Grandmother would sing. LoL.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

I was hoping they’d sign him when they had him in a few months ago. I think it’ a good move.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Raiders signed him this free agency period, then cut him before he even played a regular season game with them, that's why I don't expect much.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Fig.:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, well then that doesn't bode well. Didn't they have him a few years ago before he went to Cleveland? Anyway, he is needed depth if nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    How you liking this new look OL Blast? Solid looking group.

Moore
    Dotson
    Hauseneaur
    Turner
    Okafor

Ben might literally be dead by halftime.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Hassanaeur starts over Green at center

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Jamir Jones is what made roche expendable. I'm sure it was close but we can only keep so many. Giants snapped him up quick or we would have. We added the kid from ND St. where he had 29.5 sacks.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2021
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    We’ll see. I like Moore there though, maybe a blessing in disguise.

Not sure why you quoted a post about the secondary, you got a real bug up your ass about the oline :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s on the PS for 6 days because of a covid rule

15. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    If the can't sign him maybe they trade him now for a deal like Mack (2 firsts and change). But I don't think it is likely to sign him with a bunch guaranteed then trade since that would create a ton of dead cap...as far as I understand

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Made my post without checking. Really wanted to keep Roche on the squad, you’re correct, Giants snapped him up quick!

just really impressed with how he performed in 2 different defenses at the college level and just needs a little time at the NFL level to really develop.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    UG3 was a head scratcher!
    I think every outlet had him as not impressive at all for a 3 year vet! Would have cut him and kept Roche as well and brought him back if you really wanted to!

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I always forget about the dreaded "dead cap". Good call.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    UGIII has been injured most of his tenure here, and when he's been healthy, he hasn't shown much of anything. I understand we don't see these guys work out, film study and practice every day. But, I find it difficult to believe that Roche's potential was less than what UGIII brings to the table.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that's not set yet juju. They are looking for the best combo they said. It could be moore, dotson, green, turner and haeg. They want the best combo and the best combo playing next to and with each other side by side. Don't jump the gun yet. Klemm isnt, which is good news. All you doom and gloom guys always have talked about klemm, our draft picks, our offense being just like last year, Ben getting killed, Ben playing like before, no run game, no vets on the line, no defense left, but all they have made are some pretty good moves that just may pay big dividends. Let the process play out. I too was a little skeptical, but they have surprised me with what they have done so far. I think we will be better then many think. They seem to be making some good or at least the right moves.:cool:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  21. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Im trying to move on from TOMLIN for my mental health and this atrocity has my full attention.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually like 3 of those players, 4 when Green gets the nod.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Ultimately we won't know if it was a screw up or not for at least another couple years. I remember people freaking out about losing Tuzar Skipper and he never did anything other than be PS fodder and get cut. That decision doesn't seem so bad in hindsight. But yeah, it is especially weird since Allen didn't go to the IR. UG3 is rough out there. I definitely would've taken the chance on Roche being a decent player than taking UG3 for what he is right now. However, he likely gets cut anyways when the Steelers add Karl Joseph or a signed CB to the roster.

On a side note... I'm beginning to get worried about that Watt deal. If he doesn't sign with us before game week, we might be looking at 2 years of Franchise Tags and walk from him. Maybe he truly was upset at the end of last year and this is what's come of it.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    UG III might be on the roster while Marcus Allen is dealing with an injury, I don't think he will stay on the 53.

25. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I expect them to cut UG3 as well, Karl Joseph will almost certainly be moved to the active roster once his six day Covid entry testing is done, that’s probably the end of UG3 at that point.

• Agree Agree x 1