1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

My observations from the Panthers game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blackandgoldpatrol, Aug 28, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    1. Benny Snell may be the slowest RB in the league
    2. Haskins sealed the deal for qb3 (ps. Our QB of the future is still currently in college)
    3. Loudermilk is more NFL ready than I thought
    4. Sexton just fumbled his way to the ps
    5. Opponents 3rd and long???.... No problem just target whoever Robert Spillane is covering (if you can call that covering)
    6. We will have a very strong de rotation
    7. Jordan berry will find his way to another NFL roster... The question will be, is our f.o. savvy enough to trade him for a late Rd pick, or is he getting cut
    8. What's the deal with bos and these extra points
    9. Our coverage teams are truly special (pun definitely intended)
    10. Cassius Marsh will not sniff the olb rotation, but will make the team on special teams play

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Marsh has no business in an NFL uniform. Ray Ray is in danger of not making the 53, but probably will.

Tough call on who will be the 6th DL!!!

cajun

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Jamir Jones needs a roster spot someway some how. I pound the table for that man!!!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Spillane will only see the field if there is an injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I dont know if he will make it or not, but he has impressed me and well.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    jamir jones, mark gilbert, kevin rader. :to keep order::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jamir Jones had 8 tackles, and a sack, I hope he makes it over Marsh.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    1 and 2 are soooo true. I don't follow college ball so I have zero idea what QB's will be available.

Should Ben have a good season he may be our starter in 2022 and we will not look for a QB in the draft. Should he decide to call it quits regardless of what transpires I sure hope the decision makers for the Steelers don't count on Mason being our new #1. I've seen two franchise QB's in my time and having one makes every season way more hopeful. Mason would get eaten alive by the fresh new young arms in the AFC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree on all , but 7, and 8. The reason Boz missed the extra point was P. H. was holding....now thus is just my opinion, but that has 2 sway the decision making. He made everything Berry held, but his only miss was when P. H. held. Will it change what is decided about who will be the Punter ....Well that I don't know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Everyone.

What is this (see article link below)? Our “New” Offensive Line needs to be playing together as much as possible before the start of the Regular Season. Now, we cannot control what Defensive Line that is put in front of them. However, for our starting five to be NOT playing together as much as possible is totally mind-boggling. For all of the obvious. Primarily, to build chemistry.

Again, I am baffled as to why our Offensive Line is not playing extensive time, together, in EVERY Pre-Season game.

Below is from today’s TRIB Website.

Just keep in mind, position coach Adrian Klemm’s unit rarely saw a lot of first-team defensive fronts and rarely had the first-team group of five on the field at once.

Am I missing something here? Anyone here. Chime in.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I agree

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did PH muff the hold? because if he didn’t I don’t know how Bos missing reflects on PH.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That I can't tell You. I can't find a good enough camera angle. It does look a little angled 2 the left.
    All I'm saying is it might factor into their decision. Since our punter is our holder.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers need to improve in every facet of the game if they are going to have a chance in Buffalo. Going into a Hornets nest, they will have to match Bill’s intensity.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    With no one dancing on their logo, the Bills have no chance. I'm going with this until someone (anyone) comes up with better.
    :steelflag:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t fear the bills at all. With that being said we will be 0-1 before you can blink your eyes lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey Wardismvp and Everyone else.

Again, another less than stellar Rushing Performance by the team. 84 yards in total to be exact. Yes, we can sugar-coat this anyway that anybody wants too with the overarching "rationale" that it is pre-season. I am in partial agreement as we are figuring things out. Am I hitting the panic button. Nah! Just straight-up observations from a statistical standpoint.

Again, as another poster stated, we have to look deeper than just the numbers. To take into consideration things such as which Running Backs were running behind which guys. I get all of that and yes that is valid. Nonetheless, taking out the Eagles game, the Rushing Attack's showing this pre-season was definitely below the line.

In four preseason games these are our team's rushing totals:

Dallas: 76
    Philadelphia:152
    Detroit: 78
    Carolina: 84

Yes, we all know that the Offensive Line is a work in progress. On a good note, as a whole our line(s) gave up on average, one sack per game. So, that is a positive to take away from some of this. If we initially have to rely more so on the Passing Game then so be it. We all know we have an abundance of playmakers in the Passing Game.

Again, as I stated the other day, maybe our passing strength can help us to set-up the run. Nonetheless, we are going to have to run the ball at some point and again from a statistical standpoint we can only go up from last season's abysmal performance. Dead Last in Rushing. Unheard of from a Steelers' team, from any decade. An embarrassment!

I think that Ben, seemingly back stronger than last year, will help in that the dink and dunk will hopefully be a thing of the past where last season it seemed that the dink and dunk was pretty much all that we could muster-up from our passing game. If Ben's arm is back per se, and the deep-ball threat is there, then this should help out the running game until they can stand on their own. From what we saw in the Detroit game, Ben made a variety of pass-types. His passes seemed to have zip on them, as well as touch, in addition to being accurate.

We just our need Running Game to be respectful. Middle of the pack. Najee will help with this also. When compared to Conner he is a major upgrade without even saying it. So, if Ben can deliver on a variety of pass-types and Najee can do his thing, that will be two major upgrades from last season.

Another "Upgrade" per se, that many are ranting about, is Matt Canada. So, that would be three things (A better Ben, Najee Harris and Matt Canada) that were not here last season, that can help with the bigger picture of running the ball.

Last, I have not heard Adrian Klemm's name mentioned much around here during the Pre-Season. Any thoughts from anyone here regarding Mr. Klemm?

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    To be fair, last night wasn't the first extra point Boz has missed. I'm being too lazy right now to look up the number he has missed, but I assume that Berry was the holder on those.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014

Great read as always B & G. My only disagreement is with Marsh. Yes, he's good on ST's, but so is Jamir Jones. Plus, he has been terrific at position play this preseason. I don't know if keeping one means the other is gone, but I don't see any way they keep Jones off the 53 man roster.

There wasn't a whole hell of a lot to like about last nights crap show, but I thought Jones, Loudermilk, Buggs, Big Dan, KD and James Pierre all played well.

• Like Like x 1
  20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are 100% correct but 1st miss this year on anything.

21. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Considering the Steelers had like 20 players sit out the game, and the Panthers used it as a tune up game with their starters playing, I wouldn't put too much stock in the result.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    That's like saying "Take your best shot, f***er! Just don't hit me, please". lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Wont make it over Marsh, but could make it as a 5th OLB. Possibly at the expense of Benny Snell?

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    IMO he should make it over Marsh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Jones can be the 4th OLB, and play special teams.

• Like Like x 1