1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Lamar Jackson

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by biggbunch68, Jul 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Lamar has tested positive for Covid again....:hmm::hmm::shrug::shrug::facepalm::facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Seen that this morning

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Excellent

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Kinda frightening, he's had it twice already. Wonder if he prepared?

• Like Like x 1
  5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    so can vaccinatted players get it twice?

6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    how does everyone feel about the NFL's policy on the matter? If a billion dollar company comes out and demands vax cards to participate, how does that affect us everyday citizens? Do people submit like dogs to the govt mandates or try to explore their own options?

• Like Like x 1
  7. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I am wondering if the vaccines are weakening immune systems, because a lot of vaccinated people are getting covid or the delta variant. I am hearing of vaccinated people spreading the delta variant, as well as, the unvaccinated.

• Like Like x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Some on here will submit, and are actually wanting it:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

They have done no such thing. How did you manage to bring a “government mandate”into the actions of a business? Do you suggest businesses let their employees negatively affect their bottom line? That’s what it boils down to. Employee doesn’t want to get vaccinated that is their choice. However, there are potentially consequences for that choice.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    a world wide topic here for sure and a lot of questions left to be answered. Especially about the vaccines. What is their effectiveness and for how long, etc..

Do company practices (such as a yellow wrist band) violate HIPAA or just advertise a person's personal decision?

Proposals for government vaccine mandates are under discussion and companies as large as the NFL will influence other businesses imo. Your participation is voluntary for now, but the path for that choice is very narrow. If the vaccines are so good, why are the vaccinated getting tested positive. Yes, the symptoms are usually small etc so I believe that is helping.

Governmental control over the person is the real topic and will never be answered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    do y’all actually read or just parrot crap you heard? Hipaa- Health insurance portability and accountability act. Notice the first two words there? They are there for a reason. Vaccination status would be covered under the HIPAA provisions for Protected Health Information if we were talking about healthcare providers or insurance companies. The NFL, Google, Home Depot(the list is endless) are not covered by hipaa.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    yes, you're correct. HIPAA doesn't prevent companies from asking or you telling. It just prevents medical/insurance companies from giving your personal information away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Looks like I will be learning firsthand about the efficacy of the vaccines. One of my carpenters(an anti-vaxxer) has just tested positive for covid. Of course he decided to put hiS hand in a tablesaw on Tuesday so I spent significant time with him in an enclosed space.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Vaccines are designed to prevent disease, not infection. If they also prevent infection, that’s great, but it’s icing on the cake. If a state has 50% of its population fully vaccinated, 80-90% of COVID cases are among unvaccinated people, and 95% of COVID hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated, then the vaccine is doing a great job of preventing infection, and an exceptional job of preventing severe disease and hospitalizations. That’s exactly what what’s happening right now. Those numbers are indicative of a typical state’s current COVID stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So the vaccines are not preventing people from getting Covid multiple times?

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Reports that I’m seeing say that Lamar was never vaccinated.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So he didn't like that hand???:shrug:

18. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Apparently not. Fortunately for him the damage was about as good as can be hoped for with that type of accident

• Like Like x 1
  19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

Yup, the vaccines don’t stop you from getting COVID. And increasingly, getting vaccinated doesn’t absolve you from wearing a mask. And silver spoon Ivy Leaguers who’ve been giving us this expert advice the 18 months wonder why there’s vaccine hesitancy. Geez, i can’t fathom it.

20. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    look at the number of people hospitalized. The vast majority are unvaccinated. It’s not even close. So yes. The vaccine is working. But, you go right ahead and try the hydroxychloroquine

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I’m fully vaccinated thanks. But I understand those who aren’t. I think they’re wrong but I get it. A year ago, during a political campaign, the current Pres, VP and the Gov of Ny, expressed reservations about a vaccine that was,in their words, irresponsibly rushed through the approval process,. Now they all insist you MUST get it as your patriotic duty. You can think the skeptics are wrong and stupid, but I understand their reluctance to take orders from the pols that change their tune at a moments notice..

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  22. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You’re taking the comments of the governor a bit out of context. His skepticism was based on the words and actions of the former president and by extension who was in charge of the fda.

23. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

settle down, the covid, ..covid delta or any other covids arnt going anywhere ..... Wake up !

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I indulge forgiveness of the great Gov of Ny, Emmy winner and Best Selling Author, Slayer of COVID. You got water to carry for the Prez and Vp too?

25. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    I’m quite calm. It would/would have if y’all would pull your heads out of your asses. Mah freedum!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.