1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's Healthy Diet Regimen

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by burghfan58, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You all know in his younger days #7 was a scratch golfer
    and as I witnessed a hell of a basketball player. He is/was a natural superstar
    that took his God given ability and ran with it. Father time has caught up with this premier
    athlete I hope he goes out a winner with his head held high. The Rooney's have paid him handsomely
    over his career. Lets have a winning season and move on.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    That pretty much sums it up for me. Sometime this season ben (along with Brady) will set the all time record for QB sacks, that in itself is not remarkable considering the length of the careers, and the other 2 guys in the top 4 are HOF and SB winning QB's. However all those hits, injuries and apparent Lack of lifestyle conditioning (unlike Brady) over the years do take its toll on the body. You cannot neglect that conditioning over along period and expect a few months of change to exact great results. No doubt Ben will feel better mentally and physically. It may help some reaction time, but ultimately that body is not going to respond that quickly to make a dramatic change..his body and all those total hits will still show by the end of the year.

3. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That ahole photoshopped that, people on social media are such losers :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Really? It looks like he was commenting on Scheftys Tweet. Who knows though the internet is a cess pool. Funny if it’s real though.

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lmao!

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s a screen shot, then altered.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020

• Like Like x 1
  9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As others have stated it's his knees I am most worried about..I was speculating the last few seasons that he started throwing more high balls his spiral was not as tight and he didn't get much air under his deep balls .. While I am no doctor and I haven't seen his charts those are all signs of lower body problems..I have seen this many times from HS QB'S dealing with or coming back from lower body injuries..

I am not sure that Ben can actually play the QB spot the way it is needed ..1 thing I know for sure is we wont see him doing quick reverse pivots or quick crossbucks or zone reads or bootlegs or speed options.. Never mind him actually being a threat as a runner his actual mobility directly effects the types of plays that can be called..

If they do keep Dobbs then they should make him active and use him some to expand the running game by running those plays Ben simply can't run...It was the best option to fix the running game last year as we could have ran 100 more different types of runs .. Again I don't think Dobbs is a all Pro ,but we need to use him or get another QB with some mobility so the new OC doesn't have to be hand cuffed and not be able to call those motion Offense type of things..

Practice time is limited so the more a Team has to prepare to stop the better the chance they miss an assignment or blow a coverage or forget who has the QB on a certain play ..I have no doubt that the mobile part is huge in short yardage and in the redzone..To me it's football 101..Is it better to play 10 on 11 or 11 on 11 ? If you want to run 11 on 11 without a doubt, that QB spy is now blitzing a run lane , those outside contain guys are now crashing off the ends.. So it's simple math that's 3 more guys attacking the backfield that cannot attack if the QB is a run threat...

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    How is it that the most threatening Running Qbs have won nothing??
    Now I didn't say Guys that could be a running threat, but the most threatening running Qb.

11. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    In the NFL you must be able to throw and read a Defense at a high level this is why a mobile QB is not the be all end all..My point is looking at the Teams most consistent problems lack of short yardage production and our conversion rate in the red zone.These are the areas that a mobile QB has the most value .. My point is help the OL help the RB convert and this gives Ben more chances ...We will see early in the season if we can convert in those situations or if Teams are run blitzing the crap out of us if so a solid option to stop it is a mobile QB ..

If no mobile QB on the roster maybe some wildcat with Harris at the QB spot ? All I hope is we have some bu plans and every egg is not in the Ben basket..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Geez did he let an intern practice on him?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The picture on the right still looks like he needs to loose a few pounds around the midriff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    We can debate Ben's physique all we want, but the most tell-tale sign of his weight is that his face looks slimmer than we've seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    IDK, with the beard it’s hard to count the chins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Only time I've seen him skinnier is after he ate a windshield. He's skinnier by alot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Completely unrelated but I remember Big Snack used to come in physically compromised and got in the coaches doghouse.

18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah That was his thing .

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Ben's new diet this season will be a ton of ice and it won't be internal.

20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lots of crow being prepared in this thread concerning a guy who has played hurt imo. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Biggest nonstory :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. woofermazing

woofermazing Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2017
    Ben addressed it after practice. He hasn't made any drastic changes to his diet. It didn't come from his camp. Just reporters making up a story.

• Like Like x 2