1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ingram

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    What power you have! A done deal, lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. kakhatesmortgages66

kakhatesmortgages66 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2020
    Yeaaaa!

BRB. I'm gonna go play the lottery. :rawk:

• Like Like x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Ingram had several teams pursuing him. He would not have come here on a 1 year deal if he didn't think he could start. They clearly told him something that he liked. Signing as a back up to Highsmith would do nothing but hurt his value. It's a business move, he takes the deal that gives him a chance to resurrect his career. Most good 32 year old OLB's can still play.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They drafted Highsmith to replace Bud and he hasn’t done anything to lose that opportunity, he’s earned more playing time actually.

I have no idea what the snap count will be but Highsmith will be getting significant reps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
  6. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I know he played , but you’re implying he’s already in the HOF, You’re in love with the the player I get it . But he stinks . Cherry picking analytics is cool , but let me see TFL and sacks. If it doesn’t show in the stat sheet , most of the time it’s a useless made up stat. I bet I can find posts of you saying how analytics stink and PFF is worthless if it sheds a negative light on the Steelers . Ingram will start and produce more . He’s just a better player

7. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Ummm...Ingram started 7 games last year I think and didn't record a sack. It is pretty much just analytics that claim he was any good last year. If we are going to drag Highsmith for it we should drag Ingram as well. That said, I like the signing of Ingram and I think both player swill be useful for the Steelers this year.

• Like Like x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is not 2 You^^^^
    I'm just piggybacking off Your post because I agree with a lot of it.
    I just don't understand what it matters who is better, and who starts. :shrug: Both are Steelers , and both Will get plenty of playing time no matter who starts.
    So both will be instrumental in Steelers Wins as long as they are healthy, and that's a great thing :smiley1:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think Ingram is going to play a ton (assuming he is and stays healthy). They can call him a co-starter with Highsmith if it makes anyone feel better. I also expect to see all three on the field at times.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ingram has way more probowls than last year's starter, Highsmith might not let that happen this year.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Uh oh, you’re using logic and statistical evidence. That don’t fly round here!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    What is "starting" anyway in a rotational position? He came her because he fits the system, wants to win, and needs to prove himself. He didn't have that much leverage to dictate terms. If Aaron Donald or Chase Young wanted to change teams, they could make all the demands they want. Ingram isn't in that position. He's in a "show-me" position and needs to come in, stay healthy, and play at a high level. What they told him was that he would get an opportunity to showcase his talents in a system that plays to his strengths. That's all they needed to tell him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

Who said he was making demands? He had other teams wanting him. He chose the team that will give him the best chance of starting or playing the most snaps ...or how ever you want to describe it. :rolleyes:

Ingram was in a position to pick the team he wanted to play for. Choosing to be a back up is probably not what he had in mind. It wasn't about winning , don't kid your self. He's got alot more years left in him, he's only 32. Assuming he can still bring it. If he can't he'll be back up this year and likely the remainder of his career.

14. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    What in the hell are you talking about?

First, the demands comment came from whomever I replied to. Look it up if you care to. I don't.

Second, you say his decision to come here wasn't about winning. Did you talk to him? Got anything to back up that statement? Didn't think so. So your "opinion" is that a talented, yet injury-plagued linebacker in the national football league isn't motivated by winning games. Good luck trying to make that stick.

Third, any player with more than one team interested in him is in a position to pick the team he wants to play for. That's not headline material.

Fourth, no player "chooses" to be a backup. At later stages in their careers, they might "accept" that role. But no professional athlete "chooses" to ride the pine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015

On your first comment... you do realize that argument can be used against your exact statement? You basically made the claim he came here to win and not start. Did you talk to him? You got anything to back up that statement? It's called common sense bro. If you are a 32 year old former PRO BOWL LB coming off injury and you can't get a long term deal because of it...what would you do? It's well documented several teams were pursuing him. He chose to come to Pittsburgh on a 1 year deal. You think he said "ah screw my career...I want to win!. I'm gonna be a back up!" lol He came here because they either offered more $ or they told him he'd have a legit chance to start and show he's worth a multi year deal. that is all these guys and their agents want ... at least till they're done making $ and want to end their career on a high note. His talk was not about ending his career.

No idea what your "THIRD" point actually means but ok . lol

Your FOURTH point... no **** sherlock. If you think he's accepted the back up role when he signed that 1 year deal then go ahead and think it. :rolleyes:

16. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    You can talk around in circles. That's fine. But when you make a comment, I disagree, and then you say "no **** sherlock" what does that mean for your original comment?

MadtownDrunkard: x=5
    Seven4Steel: No it doesn't
    MadtownDrunkard: No **** sherlock

:shrug:

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Madtowndruankard-1
    Seven4Steel-0