1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dwayne Haskins and his new wife get into a dispute

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Jul 14, 2021.

1. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The guy isn't worth the headache. There's a reason Cedric Wilson was cut right away, but James Harrison was defended by the Rooneys. It was because one was worth the trouble and the other wasn't.

It isn't even a double standard. It's a single standard. Can the guy play?

Haskins doesn't measure up to that standard.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Come on now. What Happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. No?

Trouble just seems to find some people no matter what they do. Just another million dollar talent with a ten cent brain hangin out with a posse who most likely are all the same. Birds of a feather flock together.

If anyone believes him to be a starter someday, then expect to walk on pins and needles every week. I'm glad he restrained himself from further escalating it, but like the two of them said. Don't believe everything you read. Who knows what happened except a couple of stories that changed rather quickly.

I wish him and his new wife luck but starting out like that doesn't bode well for their future.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Exactly. He's a bigger version of Johnny Manziel. His own worst enemy whose biggest challenge is himself.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I guess he was going to head out somewhere but the plans were to wait for his wife and her friends before leaving. I guess he decided to leave without them.

This sounds like simply immaturity to me probably on both sides. His wife ultimately took things too far with getting physical. He showed restraint.

This event here alone doesn't change things for me with Haskins. A pattern of the spotlight is concerning

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Long time ago at the end of the day my buddy and I were walking towards the front door at our high school following a hot blonde wearing hot pants ( yes I am that old ).
    He gets behind her and boink! pokes her right well you can guess. I thought it was funny as hell until she thought I did it and she laid a slap on my face I swear I had a red hand print on my cheek.
    I didn't hear the end of that for a few weeks. But I took it only because I didn t see it coming.

• Like Like x 3
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ahhh hot pants and mini skirts and halter tops and tube tops. yea i remember those days.it was a magical time. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 4
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hey baby girl, remember when you opened a can of whoop @ss and knocked out my tooth? Good Times...

Anyone hanging their hat on Haskins? :lolol: Ol Popcorn will straighten things out...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Two things come to mind. One, I'm glad they have the bare minimum invested in this guy and two, I'm also glad there are no expectations because I think it's only a matter of time before what he is right now trumps any expectation of what he could be.

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Reading through this thread and I’m not sure how this is Haskins fault.

If anything he showed maturity in how he handled it.

Only thing I’d do now if I was him is file for divorce and find a better woman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I may not remember what I had for breakfast, but that I will remember.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Not if he can be blocked one on one by his wife.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    She's turning out to be a real cancer. If she was the one who planned his COVID-era birthday party with the strippers that got him bounced out of Washington, she's got terrible judgement

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Wasn't there some sort of altercation earlier in the night, too? Maybe call it a night then?

Also, Las Vegas really isn't the place to go if you are trying to show the immature bull**** is in your past, and you want to focus on becoming a better player.

I'm not saying players shouldn't go out or take vacations wherever they like, but Haskins isn't every player. He's a guy who already blew it as a first-round draft pick and this could end up being his last shot. I give him credit for not making it worse, but just because it wasn't the total disaster it could have been doesn't mean it is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Domestic violence isn't funny

• Like Like x 1
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    There's a reason the team formerly known as the Redsikins let him go for nothing.

There's a reason the Steelers were able to pick him up for nothing.

There's a reason he's in the situation he's in now.

There's a reason why guys like Troy Polamalu never found themselves in these situations.

There's a reason why Johnny Manziel always did.

Yeah, sure, kudos for him not escalating things, but most people, and NFL players, never find themselves in the position in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Probably could’ve done better woman picking but I can say from experience, you roll with the boys and leave momma at home you’re gonna be in deep sh!t. Big part of these young cats problems are the hanger ons in their entourage. Peezy had a big issue with that... yet he married smart and lucky she stuck with him because his ass would be in bad shape had she not.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True dat, there's nothing there on his part as far as we know but some have an ax to grind with the kid. Somehow they feel threatened by his presence. Go figure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I would be wary if his entourage was around me, there's been problems. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The only problem I have with Haskins is that he keeps putting himself in bad situations. I don't think he is a bad guy, but he is a trouble magnet who still hasn't learned his lesson.

Kindly stick the amateur psychology somewhere uncomfortable.

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    No kidding. Thanks for that tidbit of nothing.

23. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    And then so does he for hanging with her.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s a duck.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    If the problem is her, doesn’t really matter where they go, the common denominator is still there. Dump the baggage and find a woman that won’t punch you in the face.

• Winner Winner x 1