1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are going to do what Ben wants to do, and how Ben wants to do it.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 15, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Art II told them to fix the running game, they drafted a RB in the first round, no way Art is going to let them have a 75% pass to 25% run ratio.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Sounds more like Kaboly trying to bail Canada out than it does any actual information.

BTW. I am not knocking Canada. I think we all know how Ben wants to operate at this point in his career. Canada's hands are tied. On one hand, Ben gives the Steelers the best chance to win. On the other hand, the Steelers are limited to what Ben is capable of doing offensively. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why on earth would Kaboly feel the need to do that? That actually makes more sense to me than just going to do the same thing as last year.

I don’t think Ben has that much control anymore, whats his leverage, I’m going to retire? Bye.

We’ll find out eventually but I’ll be shocked if things aren’t shaken up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    The good news is that there will be fans in the stands this year. If Ben picks up where he left off last year he will go out like Eli. Boo'd, and then Benched.

No free rides this year No ownership wants to be the laughing stock of the league the way the Steelers went out last year in the Playoffs and down the stretch. Right now the Rooney's can't turn on a sports program without hearing about the Cleveland game last year.

Ben needs to be forced back onto the field this preseason to quiet his doubters. If Ben takes another preseason off and Mason can turn it on look out. It will be all on Rudolph in preseason to prove he belongs in the NFL Startling QB conversation.

I also believe that it was Canada who gave Mason his extension this year!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Last i heard the motion offense was too complicated for the Steelers not that Ben does what he wants...spin away :rolleyes:

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    More motion, misdirection, pistol formation, and of course, commitment to the run game. We're not going to be running shotgun draws all game, OL will be heading upfield on run plays.

• Like Like x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Could be neither, or maybe both.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NewMexicoLobo

NewMexicoLobo Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2021
    Much ado about nothing. It will be a compromise of preferences by both, as it should be.

The web site guys have to write SOMETHING. There's a lot of competition for clicks.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes. More than likely this is an overreaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Maybe it is more that Matt Canada is trying to bail himself out.

Maybe this is his way of letting us know that things are being done Ben's way. Kind of like creating a preemptive excuse.

Shaken up a bit is subjective. I'm sure there will be some changes, but I am guessing they will be subtle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    If Rooney cared about any of that he wouldn't have handed out an extension to clueless and brought Ben back.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    This all sounds great. Will it actually happen though? It's tough to have a commitment to the run game and throw 50 5 yard passes a game. The two don't go hand in hand.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

• Like Like x 2
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018

Damage Control

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really I believe subtle..could be a big thing. Remember He was playing Quite Well until a point. He maybe the 1st Qb that Had More yards ,wins, and Tds then his contemporaries, and yet judged, done, or worse than said contemporaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Isn't "overreaction" required of a Steeler's fan? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Matt blink twice if you are being forced to do things against your will.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  19. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    You know, I really hope that Ben didn't think that taking a pay cut was the only thing he needed to do to help the team this season. If he was really serious about doing whatever it takes to make us a complete, dynamic, dangerous offense, he wouldn't stand in front of it, but get behind it and push with the rest of them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Even if Ben wanted to make these changes you mention i don't think he physically can anymore. There is a reason Ben doesn't do play action anymore or is in shotgun most of the time. Its not cause he doesn't want to it cause his Body can't handle it anymore. Ben used to make a living off of running around and extending plays and even play action. He knows it works. He also knows his Body can't handle it anymore at this point. It's the only logical explanation given what we know of Ben as a QB from the past, the abuse he has taken and how he plays now.

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Come on man! Stairway to seven is not half as bad as me wearing a shirt in 1981 saying, "One for the Thumb in 81". Then I would cross out 81 and put 82, etc. etc. Shirt finally wore out in 1989.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That would really piss me off if Ben went out like Eli. That old saying, "what have you done for me lately" really applies to NFL fickle fans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I want the best players on the field that gives the team the best chance of winning. If Ben is clearly no longer the best we have or able to do what he needs, then he shouldn't be on the field and the COACHES will pull him. What should the fans be doing in this situation? Boo the coaches? IMO, if what happened to Eli happens to Ben, I blame that on Ben for going a game/ year too far. The other saying, Not For Long (NFL) really hasn't been applicable in Ben's situation and maybe its been too long. Hopefully we'll see this not happen in Buffalo and 18 weeks thereafter.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  25. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think it was ever bens isea to throw two yard passes. that is not his MO. if ben is on and feeling good , he is more then capable of running a high scoring offense. 39 or not. injuries limited him last year that was clear as day. he's got weapons around him everywhere, lets watch and see what he can do before we take him back to last year. 12 win last year i might add. not until the last part of the season did we see it all change. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1