1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le'Veon Bell Reunion?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, May 14, 2021.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And was still offered more money than AB. someone thought highly of him

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Sure, but if they design the offense around Harris and he goes down for the season, I'd kick the tires on Bell before Coach NextManUp designs the offense around Benny Snell.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    There is a hell of a lot of ground between "somebody thought well of him" and "best in the business."

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Only in hindsight. Wallace was considered the top of the hill when he became a tree agent. He was considered better than AB at that time based on play on the field.

I think Ben to Wallace still is the record for most TDs over 20 yards...or something like that

Hack

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    It was over for Bell before he even left Pitt. The tank was heading to empty and the desire gone. Dreams of Bling and Rap adoration replaced touchdowns and highlights. It wasn’t the Money, it was the Heart!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Le'Veon Bell?

mariah-carey-i-dont-know-her-02.gif

• Like Like x 2
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell found out the grass isn't always greener, he went to the Jets a team with a bad OL, and no weapons on offense :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Better than Brown at the time also isn't "the best in the business." You made a false statement. You can keep tap-dancing around it if you like, but that's what you did. Now you are trying to move the goalposts from best in the business to best on the Steelers at that moment. Those are not the same thing.

Wallace was never the best in the business. Brown was exactly that for years.

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yes at the time Brown was considered plan B. BTW, one person didn’t think that highly of Wallace - Tomlin. He wasn’t shy about calling Wallace a one trick pony

10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Yep. And still tried to make him one of the highest paid at his position.....it was one hell of a trick

HACK

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That quote is always taken out of context anyway. That was early on and was saying he needs to develop his route tree.

It was a motivational tactic. They freaking drafted him, they know what he was. It’s not like they drafted him and then were like, damn, this guys a 1 trick pony! We wuz robbed!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True, that was Tomlin getting the point across to a young WR.

• Like Like x 3
  13. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Let me help you out here Bell since lack of brain matter seems to be a problem for you. YOU should have taken the very fair offer the Steelers presented to you.

Maybe your career wouldn’t have went down the toilet had you checked your ego.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    OMG with this guy. So after the article where he says Steelers should have paid him he starts in on the Jets and how they should have done things like the Steelers and offensive guru's like Gase bring the problem. Idiot doesn't get that Gase didn't want him the deal was done pre Gase and the best way to force Bell out was to miss use him. Just a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bell is an idiot, listening to his agent cost him over 12 million by sitting out the season in 2018, that's money he won't ever get back :facepalm:. So much for resetting the RB market :rolleyes:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I never liked his running style anyway and I am so glad the Team did not cave into him.. Good luck with the rest of his scrub career ..

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I wonder how much of Bell's messed-up thinking was due to being "mentored" by LeGarrette Blount in 2014.

Blount was in the car when they were pulled over (and caught smoking), he quit on the Steelers mid-season, and was about getting a bigger paycheck. Maybe Bell already had that in him, but having Blount around didn't help.

20. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    We don't know if Bell lost the money because he listened to his agent or because he didn't listen to his agent. For all we know, his agent might've given sound advice but Bell just refused to listen.

• Like Like x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You didn't like the way he ran when he was in the discussion for the best back in the NFL? I get the hatred directed at Bell. He is an idiot. He also betrayed the trust of his teammates in Pittsburgh. That said, let's be honest. He was an amazing player in 2014, 2016, and 2017.

That said, he doesn't have much left in the tank now. Nothing he has done since 2017 supports his idiotic claim that the Steelers should have overpaid him. The Jets did that and they got a lot of mediocrity for their trouble.

23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I still think his wait for a hole and dance behind the line helped make our OL lazy and lead our OL Coach to teach and Coach lazy technique.. So even though he did have success I didn't and I don't like that style of Running .. So Bell had plenty of good stats yet we still couldn't convert on short yardage and we remain at the bottom of the NFL in PA passes...

I didn't like the pick when we drafted him , his style is not good for the type of Offense that can be dominate in multiple ways .. IMO you need a OL that blast people a RB who gets North and South immediately this forces Defenses to commit and opens up more passing windows and then when short yardage comes the Team has a much better chance as that is their style already..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Are you under the impression that he was still playing for the Steelers the last three seasons? That would be the only way your analysis of their offense with Bell would make sense.

The revisionist history is cute, but he was an elite player who was a huge part of a very good offense. To try to blame him for every flaw in the Pittsburgh offense at the time he was here is comical.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I hate 2 say it , but I never thought of him as elite either. I had many arguments with a family member over this while he was here.
    When we NEEDED running yards he couldn't produce them. It's not what yards you get ...its when you get them.
    Also me watching ALMOST every RB thrive while replacing him because he was injured, or suspended. IMO . Made my case.
    Hell one was even leading the league in rushing while he was gone.
    Not saying he wasn't good, but elite is pushing it IMO