1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

JuJu: This will be Bens last year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 22, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven’t heard anything definitive about Ben retiring after this season but sure sounds like JuJu thinks it’s his last. Wonder if he just let something slip or if that’s just his opinion.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It should be his last. I take whatever Tic Toc Juju says with a salt lick

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not so much doubting this is his last year as much as estimating when his last game will be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well can't tell much, when he start telling lies already. LoL. Opportunity 2 play with 2 young QBs with tremendous careers ahead of them.
    Lies 1 Qb.
    He's not even the 10 wr 2 turn down playing with L. Jackson.
    So how much is true???:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Opinions aren’t lies my dude, lol.

Man you hate the QB’s in our division :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. True, but from everything I've read , seen, and heard....some out of their coachs mouth ....they can't pay a free agent Wr enough 2 come play with L. Jackson. That's why they took what they could get with Dez last year.
    Also I think Burrows is good. Just how good will the Bengals let him be, and does his mind comeback as well as his body from injury.
    Remember how scary C. Palmer was be4 his injury, and how unscary he was after. He never mentally got over us Hurting him. When he played us after that ...he always looked panicked.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Pretty sure JUJU would have walked if he had any serious offers. Really believe his Tik Tok vids dissuaded several teams from actually throwing anything more than a feeler out there for his 2021 and beyond services. As for Ben. He will most likely limp through another lackluster season to end an above average career but one that really could have had a more positive outcome. Still will be a HOFer but no way it would be a first ballot selection unless some miracle propels him to another SB title. Bens workout routine, or lack thereof tells me he never took father time seriously and it has caught up to him rather drastically lately.

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Ben should have retired around week 10 of last year. This is nothing more than a final victory lap, without the victory.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Please...I believe people say this stuff about Ben 2 just rile me up.
    Not a first ballot HOF???
    What ever you think about The Man ...He is 7, or 8 in many important stats ....all Time...in the History of the NFL..many which he will move up in because only one or 2 above him still play.
    Also ...because I'm not a stats Guy...He is ranked all time in WINS at number 5 ...right now.
    Not counting going 2 three SBs , and Winning 2.
    So how do you say ...with a straight face he's Not a 1st Ballot HOF

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’ll admit I didn’t read the whole thread, but who the hell saying he’s not a first ballot Hall of Famer? That’s absurd.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe the 3rd above me.
    Also not the 1st time I've heard this.
    Um.
    I'm telling. :smiley1:

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Work out routine..maybe, but seriously most QB's who have taken that many hits have careers that tail off remarkably fast. Many manage to stick around, not because of superior skill, but surrounded by decent talent and schemes that are built around them. As for 1st ballot HOF, IMO the only way he does not get in the first year is if another QB like Brady, Rodgers, or Brees (as he is already retired) are on the same first year ballot and other noteworthy players are as well.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    WOW!! Juju is a subject matter expert on just about anything! LOL.

15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well as usual he’s wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I think it was a mixture of lower salary cap on top of JuJu and his agent thinking he was gonna get #1 Wr offers. He's not a #1 and nobody is going to pay him that. He will see that again next year as well. He is not a bad player but he is a above average #2 but still along way from a #1 wr and really far from elite.

17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Yep the "team" decided that it was more important not to hurt Ben's feelings than move on and do what's right for the team going forward.

18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I think JUJU is a tad shy of where Emmanual Sanders was when he left us for FA. His Tik Tok probably made him a sizably lower rating than that though. JMHO.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe the sticking point for any serious discussion about the topic is the term "1st ballot" hall of famer. Now to me personally I wouldn't debate whether he is worthy or not because the resume is there for all to see. The 1st ballot part is the only thing that can be debated since much of that depends on changing factors like when he retires and who is also eligible at the same time he is. I can remember writers getting bent out of shape about players not getting in on their first shot but when you look at the class they are in it would be hard to vote in 4 WR's in one class and others like that. I want to say that was the case around Art Monk, Chris Carter, Andre Reed and some others that all retired around the same time. At the same time you can bet that the minute Brady hangs it up the Hall will waive the 5 year waiting period and induct him immediately. If it is a weak class Ben gets in on the 1st try, if it is a crowded field might take a couple of shots.

20. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    you talking with Jujubean always makes for such an intelligent conversation.

who would you like to have playing QB for the Steelers this season as we "moved on and did what's right for the team"?

• Like Like x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  22. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would rather have Ben at QB in 2021, over Mason being the starter.

• Like Like x 1
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What you're not understanding is that with Ben at QB, this is a guaranteed wasted year. With Mason Rudolph or whoever we will suck but at least it turns the page and starts the process for the future. Bringing Ben back is just delaying the inevitable. Why wait? I'm sorry but the team and fans don't owe him anything.

24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You lose either way so might as well see what you can build on. You know the future won't involve Ben.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    While I have my doubts Ben can stay healthy the whole year, he offers them the only chance at a SB if can.

• Agree Agree x 1