1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Greatest Rivalry?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chinchilla, May 16, 2021.

1. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Steeler/Raiders is no. 1. Steeler/Ravens is not even close, but the biggest rivalry now. Steeler/Houston with Bum and Campbell was always fun because the Steelers won most of them. Steeler/Dallas were always in Super Bowls and always about power verses finesse teams.

2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The Raiders had some great teams back then. They've pretty much been a paper tiger for the better part of thirty years. But, those vets from those teams are still whining about the Immaculate reception, which is somewhat satisfying.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Damn! I agree with Heinz. Should I pinch myself? Raiders/Steelers was the fiercest rival for those of us that witnessed it during the 70s. Both had Slober Knocker players and was out for blood when they played.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I saw them all since `72 (Steelers vs Raiders in the 70`s) live on TV. It was must see TV for all of the country whenever it happened. Raiders would have had a shot at "team of the decade" if it were not for us. For sure we denied the Cowboys of that designation. The greatness of our players AND the greatness of the opposition is why we were the best ever. Great memories of those times. A little too brutal by today`s standards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Steelers vs Houston Oilers was a good rivalry for a few years. Loved to see Bum Phillips hoping to "kick the damn door down next year".

• Like Like x 1
  6. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    True dat, Bum ran Earl, right, up the middle, and then left, ran his azz into the ground. Saw Earl a few years ago and he can barely walk even using a cane. He really paid a price for all of that running.

• Like Like x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    raiders
    browns which became the bengals
    browns which became the ravens
    browns which are still the browns
    cowgirls
    houston oilers
    broncos
    patriots, our enigma.

:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Football was played the way football was supposed to be played back then. Now we have the squat to pee version along with other crap that is killing the game IMO.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now that’s funny.