1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the Steelers MVP in 2021?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, May 15, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe what he said was true. If You use that same narrative for almost every Qb , and game the results would be Very Close.
    I just went and looked.
    There are outliers, but Ben has Outlier games also.
    Also so far in my Life the only thing I have seen a 100%....is nothing is a 100%.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hence why I did state Big Ben in particular. Other QBs definitely do not fall within the same level of conditions that Big Ben has had. In addition, I also had never dismissed the idea that outliers never existed. All I am stating is that Big Ben has historically had more success with a balanced offense than without.

Other QBs I cannot comment on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    A lot of people don't know that in last year's playoff loss to the Browns, Ben set the NFL record for completions in a game with 47. He is also 4th on the all time list with 44 completions against the Ravens in that big comeback win in 2017.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Again, you've got the wrong end of the stick. You're assuming causation in the wrong direction.

Lung cancer doesn't cause cigarette smoking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

:facepalm:

6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wow, I never heard of picking an MVP candidate before we see anybody play before the year.

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I never understood why people look at mock drafts either.

8. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    As well as the OL I really hope Harris makes a difference but I just don't know how much our OL has improved to support this elite talent. First glimpse will be preseason and I hope to feel better if I see we have really and truly improved. Until then, memories of LY linger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Agree... it doesn't matter how good the RB is. Without a competent OL, it's all moot.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Line matters but so does the RB. We actually have a RB that can run routes again and not just limited to a check down option. They haven’t had that since Bell.

The more the offense can do the more they can keep teams from loading the box. If I’m not mistaken, the Steelers were among the highest percentage of teams facing a stacked box last year.

Also, Harris is way more explosive than Conner or Snell and can take advantage of even the smallest seam and the vision to see it.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    :facepalm:

Lord have mercy...

:tequila::tequila::tequila::tequila:

One cannot function without the other everyone. The relationship between a Running Back and the Offensive Line is symbiotic. Very seldom is it so one sided.

Again though, Najee Harris remains the absolute least of my concerns right now. There is a "Big" concern I have and I am interested to see what can happen come OTAs; Training Camp soon thereafter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    People would lose their **** if Rudolph plays well because people have already decided he sucks and nothing he does will change that.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, of course. However, we talk about OL and RB but we shouldn't omit the third and fourth leg of this stool that will make the difference we hope. BB. To me, Ben is the biggest question mark of the other three. If he remains as he was from the end of last season, it could be disappointing. Lastly, what will Canada do that will contribute? Talk is cheap from articles regarding some "new offense" that no one has seen, but Buffalo will be the litmus test for the offense the rest of the year I think.

14. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Exactly. It's amazing how Rudolph has been written off, when he outplayed Duck, Dobbs and Roethlisberger during the last 2 Cleveland games. Had Rudolph played with the starters... week 17 may have had a different outcome, likewise with the playoff game. Ben was nowhere near 100% for the playoff game and it showed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And had first team reps in practice.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ve written him off but declaring people would lose their **** if he does well is more emotion driven that anything else.

I would love if he was good enough to be the next franchise QB. He won’t be, though.

He’s horrible at handling pressure, was graded last in that respect or very close to the bottom. That’s a very hard thing to overcome. His mid range accuracy is poor as well.

He has a great deep ball, I’ll give him that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    +1 on this Blast. And... he sucks until he proves that he doesn't. If Rudolph does a 180 and starts playing like a legit starter and makes the team better, then it's all good. Like you, I just don't see him making that leap from mediocre backup to legit starter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Harvin is gonna be the MVP this year like Josh Miller was in '99. Miller was our most badass player that year. Dude was punting into the stratosphere. He would have hit the screen at Cowboys stadium.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That’s what we do here. ;)

20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He's a giant bag of meh. 3 games with 100+ QB rating, two with 20 passes, the 3rd the pop pass/wildcat game vs. the terrible Bengals.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/RudoMa00/gamelog/

21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    MVP candidates
    Watt
    Ben
    Harris
    JuJu
    Claypool
    Diontae
    Minkah

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No Bush? (drum roll)

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If he played well people on this board will be pissed because that means the Steelers wont' draft a QB in round 1.....that's all I mean

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Watt is our best player, he might be the best defensive player in the NFL. He has to be that guy whether we have depth behind him or not. Bush has an outside shot at being an MVP for us. Fitzpatrick could be too, but he would have to have some meaningful defensive TD's at big moments to compete with the sacks/turnovers that Watt is going to generate.

If for some reason Ben becomes the MVP, we are likely overachieving ourselves into competing for a title.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You people got your heads up a donkey. The real MVP will be the leader, Michael Pettaway (hell of a middle name) Tomlin.:dancing:

Just goofing with yinz! Go Pens!!