1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Offensive Line

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, May 1, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm scared for the Secondary, and not sold on OLB.
    Those are my biggest worries.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's possible thorn but i just think they have so many new guys that they just don't know yet. i hope they let the process play out. many of these new guys can play multiple positions. may the best 5 start. who fits what canada wants to do may be completely different from before but they still have to pass protect too for ben. i could maybe see this go up to the final preseason game in certain positions. a lot has to come together, with new players and new coaches at many positions. should be fun to watch. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i actually like what we have at OLB right now. secondary might be young but if they can play we have 4 vets for them to learn from. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    green- undersized? wtf i was thinkin he was 6' at the most maybe 300. then someone responded he's 6'4" 300+ then i googled to verify and find out he is big. where the hell do you come up with undersize? that just tells me you talk out your a$$. last time i read your post. get your info straight what do you want? a lineman too be 6'9" 435lbs? is that still too small? geeez.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. fearthesteel

Apr 28, 2019
    and besides i dont know why mostly everyone is down on chuks. he only let 3 sacks go his way with starting almost all season. we hardly ever heard his name. thats how it should be. so we dont hear his name called and he lets 3 sacks go in like more than 1000 snaps i dont know. and hes suck? omg come on. everyone says. ohh he sucked at run blocking- hell we hardly even ran the ball. so i cant believe how all these peopel are responding like we dont have a tackle already. we've had alot worse. c'mon. the only thing i agree with you now buddy is dd sucked. worst year for him. hopefully bounce back healthy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I suggest you get your info straight as well before you go off on your little rants.

Green is not 6'4", he's 6'1 7/8" and would be the shortest starting center in the NFL.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kendrick-green-nfl-draft-player-profile-illinois-offensive-guard/

7. fearthesteel

Apr 28, 2019
    alright. im tired of chuks okorafor not getting the respect he deserves. most steeler fans talk as if we dont have a tackle at all. listen. this man played 1033 snaps had 5 penalties and 3 sacks allowed all 15 games, played against garrett twice. jj watt and a whole lot of good edge rushers.. Now in my opinion that is very solid. we've had alot worse through out the years. Alot of people wanna say hes ok pass blocking but sucks as a run blocker- hell we hardly ever ran the darn ball at all to be able to say that. are there better tackles out there?- for sure. are there worse tackles?-absolutely. Is he solid? his numbers to me say he is.

In my opinion. the worst one beside pouncey was david decastro- for whatever reason. thats the one we have to be worried about picking it back up. but no one talks about that. makes it seem like we are solid there. banner is a huge dude hopefully he can bring it and be just as solid.

I think we ride with chuks again. he's only 23 and hasnt even had a full season starting and was very solid. we give banner a shot again hopefully he stays healthy we have dotson who showed promise. and like i said if dd bounces back. all we need to worry about is center which green looks pretty solid as well. and hopefully some solid backups and we ready.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. fearthesteel

Apr 28, 2019
    https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/kendrick-green/UKb1Vx8q6X just about every google search i found said 6'3" 300 plus only found one that said 6'1" so get your **** straight too buddy. https://www.chicagotribune.com/spor...0210501-r7pz4vaegvhqxjwyc6go7sw4km-story.html
    https://fightingillini.com/sports/football/roster/kendrick-green/10177
    https://www.si.com/college/illinois...cked-in-3rd-round-by-pittsburgh-april-30-2021
    https://247sports.com/player/kendrick-green-85962/
    shall i keep on? look see before you butt in. twanger!! :thumbs up:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    why are you such an *******?

take a chill pill dude...

Green measured in at his pro day at 6017, 305 pounds with 32 1/4″ arms and 10 1/8″ hands. He ran his 40-yard dash in 4.89 seconds and did 25 reps on the bench. He posted a vertical jump of 35 1/2″ and a broad jump of 9'11”.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/s...een-in-the-third-round-of-the-2021-nfl-draft/

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    When you don't hear an Olinemans name called during games, it's a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. fearthesteel

Apr 28, 2019
    your the lil ***** acting up " oh get your facts straight too" lol did you not read the links i sent? stop being a ***** and so sensitive. if your gonna start ****. dont freakin cry later. :aikido:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    I have my facts straight, your links all say what he was listed at before he was measured officially.

did you read what he officially measured at his pro day?

feel free to apologize anytime.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/04/s...een-in-the-third-round-of-the-2021-nfl-draft/

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I might be completely off the wall, but I don't think O-line personnel were the issue. The coaching staff has been implying as much and most of what they've done so far this off season confirms it. Pouncey was weak, but he's been replaced. Decastro supposedly had an injury.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the line will be ok but admittedly that is based more on a hunch than anything else.

We have two big unknowns in Banner and Green. DD needs to bounce back from injury. I think the strongest spot as things stand right now is Dotson.

I agree about Chuks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    His officially measured height at his pro day was 6'1-7/8"

Don't believe what you read on web sites and media guides.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How good is Green with shotgun snaps? Was his college team doing it?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Our success this year will be how good the OL plays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he's 1 lb. more then pouncey. 2 inches shorter. 1/4" shorter arms. bigger hands then pouncey and faster then pouncey. not a big difference at all. pretty much the same size guy as we had before. minus the injuries. no concerns.

decastro was injured two years ago and has not played up to his 1st round status since. he had knee surgery right after the 2019 season. probably why we have picked up rashaad cowerd. insurance for this spot.

haeg, collins and our draft pick moore are our insurance for okrafor. okrafor isn't as bad as most think. he's not the lone reason we couldn't run the ball.

let the process play out and see. right now it's just people speculating that because of the line last year couldn't and wouldn't that these guys are just the same. not true at all. even mcdonald the last two years was not up to par.

tampa had 1 first rounder. two 2nd rounders. an UDFA/PS player and a 6th rounder starting. we should have 2 3rd rounders, a 1st rounder, and 2 4th rounders.

avante collins was the 3rd fastest 40 time for an offensive liveman ever.

coyle started 49 games in college.

the steelers over the years have had very good success with shorter linemen. green played at that size in the big 10. no worries. it looks like we are looking for speed amongst our linemen. speed is a good thing with this new outside zone scheme. let's wait to see how this plays out before we pre judge this thing and these players. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fearthesteel

Apr 28, 2019
    why are we arguing about his size? most people on here are saying hes almost the same size as puncey. but the fact of the matter is that he can be 4'10" i could care less. as long as he can get the job done. sometimes people put to much on the size of the player. i remember some people saying kelvin beachum was too small to be a tackle and in my opinion he did an excellent job with the steelers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Hawaii 5-0

Sep 1, 2019
    why are we arguing about his size?

maybe because of your posts where you falsely claimed he was 6'3"+ and then sarcastically told me to get my **** straight and called me a twanger when I correctly told you he measured in at 6'1 7/8".

feel free to apologize anytime.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Don't know about Green, but I know the RB We got is Very familiar with it.
    That is Shotgun. Not the Snaps. LoL.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    He was measured at his pro day at 6' 1-7/8". That is the official measurement the NFL will use. Maybe you should have texted him to use some hair product that day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Find the dumbass who started arguing about it and ask him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    They were never under center at Illinois, so it was all shotgun snaps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Speaking of Pouncey has anyone seen him posting anything since retirement like post career surgery type thing? I have a sneaky suspicion that one of his injuries was hampering him the final two years and the bad snaps were because instead of focusing on snapping the ball correctly he was thinking about his block and how to get a half second jump before the defender. Green will go a long way towards cementing the starters job if he comes away for OTA's and any mini camp where he can gain Ben's trust. Guys who haven't have not fared well on this team.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1