1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le'Veon Bell Reunion?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, May 14, 2021.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Le'Veon Bell was on the path to the Hall of Fame. He did what he did for god knows why. Money? He would have made a lot of money after his career as a Hall of Fame Steelers running back. Either way, anyone stupid enough to ruin a potential hall of fame career and turned into a 1.5 yard a carry player, should just retire and and go away. Le'Veon Bell is useless.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    I'm not concerned about the now and ultimately the only thing that matters in the end is that he was not under contract. I know you guys hate to see it, but it what it is. If he was under contract it would be a whole different story. It doesnt matter what he said he had no obligation to report. In a court of law he would be exonerated.

If a guy says he wants to marry a girl and then later changes his mind about it what does it really matter?? He just changed his mind. That's all. Doesnt mean hes a terrible person. Doesnt mean shes a terrible person. Just means he changed his mind. He thought better of the situation. Get over it.

3. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    That's a lousy rationale. Le'Veon Bell is a jackass of epic proportions. Keep him away from the Steelers. Let him go smoke dope, that's what he was good at in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Lousy rationale in what sense??

5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bell was a cancer everywhere he has ever been. The skill is still there. The heart isn't. I already pointed out several instances where Bell was a douche. There are plenty more.

As for Kap. He sure acted like an ass when he got benched. How about the girl he kept drugged in his apartment so he and his boy could rape her over the course of an entire weekend. Yeah, real class act, and a great teammate. :rolleyes:

The stuff you hear about when it comes to people like this, is only a drop in the bucket compared to the things you do not hear about. Believe me.

6. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020

As for Kap. He sure acted like an ass when he got benched. How about the girl he kept drugged in his apartment so he and his boy could rape her over the course of an entire weekend. Yeah, real class act, and a great teammate.

Where and when was this?? If the allegations were true why never a suspension, lawsuit, or criminal trial pursued??

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There’s nothing to get over, I’m not losing sleep over it, your attitude is tiresome.

He said one thing and did another, it was enough to piss his teammates off. He didn’t even give them the courtesy of informing them he “changed” his mind.

Bell is selfish, always has been.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    In a business where there is a hard cap, talent is limited and your player is a dope addict who chooses to not show up to work because of whatever, well, sorry, that person is a piece of **** professionally. He sabotaged his own career and ruined a potential hall of fame career. That is a stupid person. The game is already hard to play, adding stupid doesn't help. Him and that scumbag Antonio Brown belong in a sewer. (Bleep) them and where they came from. Not only as football players, but they are asshat human beings.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    It was pursued. He settled with the girl out of court.
    look it up.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    There were no promises made and they are all grown men who sooner or later would be put in the same position he was in. If they couldnt understand that then it's not Bells problem nor anybody else's. At the end of the day it was just a Bell/ front office problem.

11. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I still dont see how your personal opinion of the player changes anything I said previously or makes it untrue. Taking all of the emotion out of it and whatever else you think unnecessarily needs to be added to the conversation what was wrong with my previous statement.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  12. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Why couldnt you just copy and paste it??

13. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020

You say my attitude is tiresome but have nothing to say about comments like this on the message board?? Do you not see anything wrong with what was stated??

14. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bell gambled on himself and lost, it's that simple. The Steelers have long since moved on from Le'veon Bell and he's not coming back. Most of this discussion is beating a dead horse.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    There were reports but it was never confirmed that he told his teammates that.

I'll go back to he was not under contract, you can't report if you don't have a contract. He didn't like the one offered to him. Would you sign a contract that your job offered you if you did not like it?

Now if you want to talk about AB, that is a guy who bailed on his team. Who had a contract, who made a lot of money, and just didn't show up the last game of the season.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    His teammates said he told them, thats why they got mad when he didn’t show and aired it publicly which they shouldn’t have done, made it worse.

When you tell your teammates you will report and then don’t, that’s bailing. Everything else is just making excuses for why he didn’t.

They franchise tagged him, all he had got do was sign and he could have reported but it’s not about the contract to me, it’s what’s he told them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I don't work for you bro. Like I said. Look it up.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Fair enough. I just keep in mind that this is a job to them and that any player needs to do what is best for themselves as we would in our jobs. Sometimes we have to take our fan glasses off and out on our reality glasses.

A franchise tag sets the terms, does not force a player to sign.

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The franchise tag limits his options though. It is sign the tag and get the money and benefits associated with it or sit out and lose all of those. If we approach it from a business standpoint this was absolutely a bad business decision. Everything about how it was handled by Bell and his representation was bad. If I have a choice between a newer house or one that is 10 years old and windows all boarded up I'm taking the newer one. Bell hurt his market value in order to prove a stupid point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ll tell you why. Google his agent. He’s a real piece of work. He literally tries to brain wash his players to think they are worth the end of the world. He has no problem throwing 3 out of 10 into oblivion if he makes more money on the other 7. POS

Note: I randomly met James Harrison’s agent by sitting down on a park bench next to him. Real nice person. Real down to earth. He naturally said nothing about James and quite frankly I didn’t ask. But he did share a wealth of information generically on the stupidity of many of his other clients.

Last edited: May 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What am I looking at? He’s not attacking you, he’s bad mouthing Kap.

• Like Like x 1
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I did:

"There is no evidence to indicate that she was the victim of any crime," according to a City of Miami police memo made public by the State Attorney's office.

23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Ultimately, it's still Bell's sand box. He left millions on the table that he'll never get back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Absolutely

• Like Like x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I still remember how heavily some people, particularly the Analyst, thought we should “pay the man”.