1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown show continues...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, May 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Who are you to speak for black people and tell them how they should and shouldnt show discord for a country that never loved them?? Kaep never stormed a capital and made a mockery of his government so much so that it became the laughing stock of the entire world to see. He knelt peacefully, not for show or disrespect, but because enough was enough. He never even spoke on it until the media pressed him about it. You dont speak for everybody when you say he was disrespecting the military especially when no words of angst or discontent were ever uttered once out of his mouth towards the military. NOT ONE. At what point did you ever hear him say something dishonorable towards the military?? If he had a issue with something he spoke on it. That's a narrative yall flipped so that yall could feel better about discrediting the message that was behind it.

He did the best he could with what he knew how. The problem was not him. He committed no acts of violence, insurrection or treason. What he did was not criminal nor against NFL or team policy. The problem was he brought to light a pressing issue to a nation of people that only care about one thing and the plight of blacks is not one of them.

Regardless of what you think of his talent level...one thing is undeniable. He deserved to be in the league even if it was not as a starter considering those who made rosters would be hard pressed to start in a minor football league by most people's standards so yes it was blackballing... it's not what we call it it's what it is. Just call a spade a spade. Dont make excuses. If they wanted to do it that's on them and their prerogative. The publicity was cutting into their bottom line and they had to do something about it. It is what it is.

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    What were those many opportunities??? I'll wait. As far as I know there was just 1...and that's the one where he declined to do it at the original location suggested by the NFL and instead set up a private workout of his own. What other opportunities would he have had where he actually had a physical workout or was invited to a camp?? and provide the team and source where you got your info from....otherwise stop talking out your azz...your true COLOR is starting to show.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I totally hear you!

He can protest any way he likes. Like I said, I know what his intent was. But as I said before, there are many people, not everyone, who don’t understand his intent and will only perceive kneeling protest during the anthem as a slight against them. Im not speaking for everyone and I’m not saying they are right. I’m saying It would have been smarter to choose a different way to get his message out there if he didn’t want the blowback he got. Anything that involves patriotism, the flag, the anthem ... people are just super sensitive about that in this country.

If he would have chose any other form of protest he would still be on a roster. I truly believe that!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You don't have to wait ..He was INVITED to workouts by NUMEROUS teams and NEVER SHOWED like I already stated!

5. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    He tried out for ALL 32 teams! GODell set up a tryout for him...Which he moved at the last minute to a High School...Then afterwards, A few teams invited him to individual workouts, which he didn't show up for! Don't you remember!

I'm an old Mill Junkie...I don't know how to copy and paste and all that Bull****, But what I say is the truth

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    He had the 1 tryout which we both have already mentioned. He was never invited to another workout aside from that one so that's false. Maybe somebody will see your post that is more tech savvy (nothing to be ashamed of especially if you're elderly) and do you a solid and post that info for you, but their not going to be able to because it doesnt exist.

7. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Is this still a football message board?

if so, here’s my opinion:

Both Tebow and Kaep were always gonna bring a media circus vibe to whatever team signed them. And both were essentially Rick Mirer 2.0.

All three of these QB’s had one remarkable season. But like Mirer, both Kaep and Tebow had trouble reading more than half the field and rarely if ever got to their second read before pulling it down and running it. Once NFL defenses figured that out, their days as QB1 were over.

It seems like teams did not want to risk the media circus distraction for either player to be their backup or third QB.

I think that pro sports and particularly the NFL are the last true meritocracy left in this country. If a team or coach thought either Tebow or Kaep could’ve helped them win five years ago, they would have signed them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    What other form of protest would that be?? I mean you cant get any more docile and respectful in protest then he was. It's been estimated that it could have been more than 10000 people that stormed the Capitol and as many as 800 that entered it yet only a handful relative to the number of people that showed up that day have been arrested while the rest still have their jobs til this day and walk around as if nothing happened. We're talking about an attempted coup of our government which caused 4 people to lose their lives.

Colin's kneeling didnt even cause a single march to take place. We got people on here that not only condoned the actions of people that participated in the coup, but will continue to disrespect Colin to this day even though they saw the American flag torn down in several images on national tv and replaced with Confederate and Trump flags. Like I said before let's call a spade a spade. This is a double standard in America. It's the CAUSE put before a CERTAIN PEOPLE in this country that counts NOT HOW you choose to champion that cause.

9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I’m happy to talk football with you, but you’re interjecting a lot of current affairs/ political nonsense into this discussion. Words like insurrection, treason, and coup don’t really lend themselves to football talk.

You’re 100% entitled to your opinion of course, and I’ll talk Kaep the QB vs. Tebow the QB all day. But I think many of us come here to distract us from the political ****show we are witnessing daily in real life, so political talk will likely stifle the conversation.

• Like Like x 3
  10. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I could give damn what you think...why quote me and not everybody else talking about it?? Last I checked I wasnt looking to have a conversation with you specifically about anything nor do I care to. Who tf is you??

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Sure it does... He's a POS anyhow, Who doesn't deserve a chance...Idolized Fidel Castro, Depicts Cops as Pigs, now his agenda/ mission is to disband Cops/ Empty all the Prisons...

Nah...The ******* got everything he deserved...Karma

12. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Actually it doesnt and his opinion of those things doesnt mean he doesnt deserve a chance. Just because you disagree with someone's opinion of something doesnt mean they dont deserve a basic human right. I thought this country was about free speech...apparently not as long as right wing supremacists and racists are controlling it.

13. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20210513-051045.png

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20210513-051132.png

15. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You're still talking about the same tryout not a different one

16. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Screenshot_20210513-051412.png

17. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    You said he didn't have one...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    You're still talking about the same tryout. This tryout is not in dispute by either one of us. What about one since or prior??

19. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I never said he didnt have one. go reread my posts. I said he hasnt had more than that one.

20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Why would ANY team give him one after that?

• Winner Winner x 2
  21. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Why would you lie and say he has had many??

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Wow...Do depicting Cops as Pigs, Castro lover, getting rid of Cops, and emptying the Prisons is " Freedom of speech to you " and you think this Dude deserves it...Wow!

23. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Again I'm not...All 32 went to his first one

24. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah I do. You have absolutely no idea what runs thru the mind of every single player in the NFL....it might shock you if it did. You're not privy to every conversation had and I dont think you want to be...you have a twice alleged sexual assault qb on your roster. It was time to put the stones away a long time ago.

25. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I quoted you because you’re the only person in this thread who used the terms insurrection, treason, and coup on a FOOTBALL message board. A message board with rules against talking politics.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.