1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TJ Watt next contract

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 22, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    You'd have to be willing to blow the whole team up for that to make sense. It would definitely inflame Steeler Nation, and I posted that I thought that's exactly what they should do after yet another first round playoff loss. But since they decided to bring Ben back, there really isn't any point in it now. I happen to think that by the time this team is a serious SB contender again, Watt and Fitzpatrick's best years could be behind them. They apparently think they can rebuild/reload and remain competitive. i have my doubts, but we'll find out soon enough.

2. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Not draft one player. I would trade him for several picks, clear the cap, and get the team in really good shape in 3 years.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    While I do think the SB window closed, I also do not think we are as bad as some want to make us out to be. In the NFL it is not that uncommon to get to that next level. Keeping TJ and Minkah are kye foundations to the D. The key on O is how fast we find the next level QB, with Ben as a rookie we went to an AFC title game, next year SB champion (as a wild card team). Keep the core and build, and hope magic strikes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    We all know its damn difficult to find a quality starting QB that a team can depend on for ten plus years. That's why I though they should blow it up and trade assets for draft capital. It's very difficult to consistently draft in the mid-teens back in the first round and grab a solid, dependable future franchise QB. It was roughly a dozen years from Bradshaw to O'Donnell, then a dozen more from him to Ben. I'm sure Steeler brass have a contingency plan should Rudolph fall flat. However, we won't know what it is if or until it takes place. They are funny about inviting the lowly fans into their thinking. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Do you think he will be performing at the same level at age 30 as he is at age 27? If not why pay him more then you have to?

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Looks like Haskins is the backup plan for now, could be worse i guess.

7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes for some players. I'm really rooting for him, I honestly am. He made some mistakes, but mistakes born out of immaturity more so than anger or anything criminal. Besides, WFT has really terrible ownership and I think it's not an ideal environment for a player that needs stability.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Alvin was way overpaid. Watt will become possibly the highest paid defensive player in the NFL so your not off with the numbers for sure. Lock him up!