1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Clown show continues...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, May 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Depends on how self righteous Glenn is feeling at the moment.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Wot's Uh The Deal? (Pink Floyd fans will get that). Tebow was signed as a feel good story for the local fan base, not as a legitimate contender for the final roster. He's a camp body and people are getting their panties in a bunch over it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Taking on the fans is a bad look. How long before he is known as just "DB"?

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Kaepernick is nothing more than the squeaky wheel that got all the grease. He didn't even initially take a knee for racial injustice. It was all about him being benched for very poor performance and him throwing a hissy fit. Immediately there after the movement used him as an icon for their BLM money scheming narrative.

Also, what an incredible ignorant thing to say about a person loving this country and having a belief in God. If you hate it so much here then don't let the door hit you in the a** on your way out. I'll even help you pack!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Bush can say how he feels. And signing Tebow is just a stunt and possibly won't make the team.

Some privilege is showing. I do feel that the Kaepernick situation was a stunt because his career was crumbling and he was called out as such. I saw through this but was not mad at the kneeling. But it was a rallying cry for the black player. I also don't feel that kneeling disrespected the flag or military. Step into the shoes of others and research before making a judgment. But those of a certain persuasion won't. So be it, I believe in freedom equality for all...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    What about kneeling with socks that portray cops as pigs? If it's not meant to disrespect the flag, why is it done only during the anthem? Why not at the coin toss? Opening kickoff?

Don't be so gullible, Kap told you exactly why he's doing it.

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Somebody stirring up trouble again.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I'd post the link but can't get it to work. Leftists Forget Kaepernick's Mockery of NFL Tryout as They Attack Tebow

But what these detractors have ignored to push their narrative is that Colin Kaepernick refused repeated opportunities to continue his NFL career.

Indeed, when he turned free agent in 2017, Kaepernick turned down an offer from the San Francisco 49ers to stay with them. Kaepernick decided not to return to the 49ers and to offer his services to the league as a free agent.

Even at the time, sources inside the league felt that Kaepernick had concerns other than football on his mind. “Colin thinks he’s fighting a much higher battle than he is. He views himself as a race messiah,” a source said of Kaepernick’s decision to turn down the 49ers in 2017.

That was not the only chance Kaepernick had to continue his football career. In 2018, for instance, John Elway revealed that the Denver Broncos offered Kaepernick a contract that the national anthem protester turned down.

The two offers above, though, are the least of them. In 2019, the NFL bent over backward to offer Kaepernick a workout to prove that he was still ready to play. However, despite the generous offer made only to help Kaepernick get his career back on track, he refused the league’s offer to work out in front of team representatives and, instead, set up his own workout at which few team reps attended.

Kaepernick’s stunt seemed to prove that all Colin Kaepernick wants is a platform to speak out about his social issues instead of an opportunity to prove he is still ready to play pro football. Meanwhile, Tim Tebow just wants to play football.

Even rapper Jay-Z, who claims to have helped secure the NFL workout, pronounced his disappointment in Kaepernick for not taking the NFL’s offer seriously.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

Kaepernick is a million times better at QB than Tebow.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When I saw SDOT and “Clown Show” I didn’t realize there was more to read.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Kaepernick is a jerk and so is Devin Bush's statement. Bush should worry about him self and his rehabilitation and not about Tebow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Ok, I'll say it. Kapernick acting like an A$$hole is enough for me not to want him on the team. On top of that, he sucks as a QB. Not a great combo. albeit, this is my opinion as I am still allowed to have one right?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Kuck Faepernick

• Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You are allowed to, most of America is afraid to, and it sure won’t get you elected.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    When I saw that you replied I knew it would likely be a personal attack (unmoderated since the mods agree) and have nothing to do with the original post.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it may get worse here then just bush's statement. our rookie kendrick green was a guy that organized the BLM march at the university of illinois. the rooney's have consistantly sounded off with the rooney rule. mike tomlin has commented about minorities getting more chance as coaches. tebow is just the tip of the latest on going saga that these millionaire feel they need to spout off about. please. you are so oppressed. give me a break. it's a manufactured oppression to follow a narrative. look at the commercials these days. i have a lot of black friends and have been friends with them for 50 plus years and not once have they ever told me they feel oppressed for one reason or another. stir the pot politics is all this is. as every white person gets to go to harvard and has a silver spoon in his mouth. i can tell you that that isn't the case in my life time. it does say something about urban myer and his lack of coaching awareness, which i have stated on here before. he's not that good and will not be good in the NFL. he thinks of tebow as his son and always has. it's his greatest moment since tebow played for him at florida. he's still trying to ride that train. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Anyone wanna put some money on when this thread gets locked? Over/under is 8:30 PM tonight.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Wow. There have been some replies since my post.

I am changing the Over/under to 11:30 am.:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Tim Tebow's football career is...

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not like it isn't steeler related. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Before this gets locked.

It doesn't bother me what Bush tweeted. I hate social media, but it is what it is. He stated his opinion. It's a false narrative IMO.

Tim Tebow was a terrible NFL QB. But he is an exceptional athlete. The guy is built like a full back. It wouldn't shock me if he ends up making their roster as a tight end. Meyer knows him better than anyone. I'm not surprised at all this happened.

Colin Kaepernick was what he was. An exceptional athlete, just like Tebow, and a subpar QB who only fits into a RPO offense. Just like Tebow he had an awful NFL throwing motion. Kaep had 1 decent season as a pro. The rest of his career was somewhere between subpar and terrible. When he initially kneeled, it sure seemed like he was more salty about being benched than anything else. But that's my two cents.

Either way, the Jags signing Tebow has nothing to do with Colin Kaepernick. Some people can find racism anywhere.

• Winner Winner x 4
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You would think that someone who wasn’t banned into the stone ages for using a homophobic slur would be more appreciative of the moderating on this board.

Oh well, can’t please everyone. See if you get that benefit again.

SDOT is pot stirrer, basically a troll that is only still posting here through our good graces. It’s one of the most lenient moderated boards on the internet. You have to be a real zero to get banned from this place. You’re trying hard.

And I can’t tell you how many times I have had to issue warnings to peoples opinions I agree with. Usually with politics. So keep talking out of your butt.

• Like Like x 2
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I mean Kaep did take them to a Super Bowl so I would say he was better than subpar at one point.

But I do think he's a complete fraud now and it's blatantly obvious he has no intentions of playing ever again, he'd rather just sell the narrative that the system is against him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tebow was signed as a te folks, get a grip.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, I do like lima beans.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.