1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Analyzing the botched 2018 draft.... Tomlin at work

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, May 8, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    very ranking I had seen to that point had Leonard higher. I've still only seen the one that had Edmunds higher.

It still doesn't change the overall point, that the Steelers took a guy with a third-round grade over many players who were not only ranked higher at the time but turned out to be better pros. I have seen no rankings that didn't have Chubb higher. All but one of the rankings I've seen had Leonard higher.

By all means, continue twisting yourself in rhetorical knots to defend a pick we all know was a mistake.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not trying to defend the pic.
    You’re the one that threw out the challenge and ended up being wrong. All the stuff really doesn’t matter everybody here knows you’re wrong dude might as well deal with it

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Again, challenging people to find one is not the same thing as saying there isn't one. It highlights the fact that most of them did have Leonard higher. I'm sorry this concept continues to elude you.

5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I see you are going to insist on being wrong. So be it.

6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    "Are you not entertained"?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    You do have a reading comprehension challenge. :facepalm:

You do this with pretty much everyone here. Just look at any post you have above. Apparently you just don’t realize it. I’m not going back to show where you went awry. Your random ramblings aren’t important to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

It’s been proven a ton but you to pass your opinion off as fact and pretend hindsight doesn’t exist.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    IMHO, he realizes it. He just has an extremely high value placed on 'being right', while most of us accept we're wrong from time to time. So he continues to try shifting semantics to the point of outright denial of what words mean in an effort to declare himself right, and the person debating him wrong.

Too bad, as he does offer good thoughts on topics. But then come these spiraling black holes to nowhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He does

and

He does

• Like Like x 1
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Steelers weren't going to draft Chubb, or Leonard in the first round if they didn't take Edmunds.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You keep attacking me, so clearly they do matter to you. Do you have an honesty challenge?

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Perhaps I should say I'm wrong when I know I'm right to keep the peace.

Nah. :)

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I will stick to the dictionary definition of proven and say no.

There is a mountain of evidence in my favor. Edmunds was a guy with a third-round rating. Leonard was ahead of him in most rankings. In fact, I've only seen one that had Edmunds higher. Chubb was ahead of Edmunds in every ranking I've seen, often by 30 or 40 spots. They are just two of the many players the Steelers should have taken instead of Edmunds. That they won't even utilize his fifth-year option is just more evidence supporting my point. That's not hindsight. That's reality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Alright. Someone give @AskQuestionsLater a ring. This has officially elevated to Justin Timberlake gif level. And even if it hasn't, Glenn really likes when he posts them.

So even if we lose, we win here. Kinda like Scribe in one of his debates.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers passed on a host of great options to reach for a safety with a third-round grade in 2018. Predictably, Edmunds has not played anywhere near the level one would expect of a first-round pick. He is durable and he doesn't screw up quite as much as he did as a rookie. That is the generous description of his play. Yet somehow, on this site, it is controversial to write that the Steelers made a mistake in drafting him that high.

:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Bell was holding out and coming off of a 400 touch season, his fifth in the league.

If there's a time to do it, that's the time. Change the tires on a moving bus. In an epic feat of stupidity, however, the Steelers tried to double down and pay top dollar for their already worn tires.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Nope. You have the right to die on any hill you choose, you’ve basically reached General Custer status on this one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats dishonest and you know it. If that was your argument no one would be saying squat.

It’s your insistence that Leonard was an obvious better choice or even worse, that they would somehow draft Chubb.

Might as well bash them for not taking Jackson, hell, Ben was threatening retirement :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They was expecting Bell to be a part of their future, and they drafted Conner the year before, they wasn't going to draft Chubb in the first round.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only that but if they were going to draft a RB it would have been Guice who was ranked much higher, top 10.

But, there’s that pesky hindsight thing some people want to pretend doesn’t exist.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Only in the minds of those who refuse to see reason.

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's not dishonest at all. People are constantly sparking this discussion by trying to justify the Edmunds pick. I'm not the one who keeps bringing that back up, or the rest of it, but I'm more than happy to remind everybody why I'm right. :)

24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Why would it have to be Guice? There were red flags with him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Clown show!

• Winner Winner x 1