1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh Declines Fifth Year Option For Terrell Edmunds (REPORT)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, May 3, 2021.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Not every other player was a first-round draft pick, one that shouldn't have gone that high.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok still not sure why you think he wouldn't? I mean I generally think that everyone lies but I'm extremely jaded however in this case once again people generally act in thier own self interest and saying this serves no purpose for KC other than the face value so why lie about it? The Rooney's haven't fired a GM mid-season in over 40 years so he has zero worries on that front. I don't think he performs his job worrying about what we think. This is possibly his last year so whether or not Edmunds and his representation are upset probably doesn't enter his thinking. So why would he in this situation not be perfectly honest?

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Just because he isn't getting fired doesn't mean he wouldn't want to save face. It also shows public support for Edmunds, who they still need for the upcoming season and may want to sign when it is over. Those are both reasons for him not to be perfectly honest.

Seriously, I have a hard time imagining any NFL GM coming out and saying they didn't pick up the option because they don't think the player is very good, but hey, he's still a starter for the upcoming season. Maybe it happens, but it sounds like a very poor idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Save face with who? Is there a Gentleman's club for NFL GM's where he goes everyday and someone goes "Kevin old boy you really stepped in it with that Edmunds pick. Horrible stuff really." To which he responds " yeah but we didn't pick up his fifth year option so it balances out."

He is castigated multiple times a day by fans and the media so the idea that he is saying something untrue simply to make sure Mark Madden doesn't write a whiney ***** piece about his draft blunders makes little sense.

As far as appeasing Edmunds with that quote so that he doesn't dig his feet in I'm calling bs on that too. Tell him here is what Minkah and TJ did to earn theirs here is yours. So strap up and make me pay you more.

5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Colbert is only responsible to his boss. Colbert's boss understands that most picks don't pan out as expected. When the picks that don't pan out become detrimental to team building then Colbert is looking for another job. The Steelers don't care about arm chair GMs opinions.

Yeah maybe it motivates Edmunds and some other players to have their best seasons?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn’t make sense but Edmunds is a sore spot for Scribe. That tweet seemed to upset him, theres really no reason to doubt KC. If you didn’t pick up his option because of his play then the last thing you do is say that wasn’t the reason, this isn’t romper room, they are grown men. Let him think its because of his play so he try’s harder.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Unless someone has some proof otherwise I’ll take a Kevin Colbert at his word. Plus honestly we’re not meant to know everything about the inner workings of the team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's the point I don't get KC is almost boringly consistent with everything he says about the team. If ever there were a time to lie it was the signing of Vick because Tomlin thought he could still play. Heck lie to us about that. Nope just maintains that they thought he could help the team. Ben goes down and they make no attempt to get a proven veteran winner in just in case. Heck lie to us that you think Mason is the next Montana. Nope we felt good with what we had in the room. Heck the guy who cut the greatest linebacker who never was, Thad Gibson, lie to us about that. Heck they kept Tuzar Skipper then cut him and signed him back after he was cut from another team then cut him again. Kevin make some **** up about that chapter. He cut Nelson because the money wasn't there to do what needed to be done and could have made some wild excuses as to why and he gave his standard reasons. So other than it fits the wrong pick/reach narrative why would not take the man at his word?

Last edited: May 10, 2021