1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

“The Browns is the Browns”

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, May 8, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he’ll choose his words more carefully in the future. I know some here are concerned about JuJu moving forward but that he acknowledges this, I think he’ll learn from it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I happened to see that interview with Florio. Yeah he did acknowledge that it acted as bulletin board material for their opponent, I hope he thinks before he opens his mouth from now on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Whether or not people like JuJu Blast really is not the point of emphasis here. I do agree with the notion that he will have a greater form of respect for his opponents the next time. Should he have another good season, he will be a Steeler for life; no questions asked. Keeping like likes of JuJu and Chase on the roster is essential towards the future for whomever is to supplant Big Ben; Mason Rudolph, Dwyane Haskins or otherwise.

JuJu is honestly fine in my opinion. Not a true Number One like a DeAndre Hopkins or even a DeVante Adams but he is very good overall. Besides, with Pat Freiermuth and a more experienced Chase Claypool and Diontae Johnson, JuJu could be in for a big season... provided Kendrick Green can win the job before the start of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Losing to the Browns in the playoffs really sucks, Browns fans that was their Super Bowl, their fans talk a lot of trash on twitter. The Steelers should've played their starters in week 17, and eliminated the Browns from the playoffs :hehehe:.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m sure we won’t have a problem with the offense this season, just a guess

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Assuming Bens arm doesn’t fall off

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He was throwing seeds late in the year, but the offense definitely changed sometime in the early part of the season. Not sure if that was on Fichtner, Tomlin, or Ben, but they abandoned Canada's motion wrinkles and never reinstated them.

8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    His arm strength wasn’t necessarily the problem but the fact they couldn’t complete a pass more than 5 yards downfield was. I assume that had something to do with his age/arm

9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The one thing that we all worried about wasn't the problem. Arm was fine I think but other things weren't. Knee's, age, OL failures, who knows? May never find out or at least not until Ben is retired.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Then Najee Harris will carry it between the tackles for a nice gain...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Personally he needs to shut it and just play. But he is a minor star on Tic Toc :lolol:

He and his agent best temper their excitement thinking that a big pay day is coming from the Steelers.

So we will see how it plays out. If he has a so so season maybe they will retain him on a Steelers like contract. If he has a solid season he will be gone.

12. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Juju's comments were not the problem.... Yes, he fired the browns up, but where was our intensity????..... Juju was actually balling out there and backing up his talk, while the rest of the team appeared to not want to be there

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Don't worry. I'm sure Tomlin will have his team ready yet again with that new extension.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't think it was arm strength as much as consistent accuracy and lack of mobility. He would throw a few balls perfectly, then miss badly. I think it was his knees. Maybe the knee would bother him more on some throws than others. That could absolutely account for his inconsistency. It may have also been part of the predictability of the offense. The play-action pass nearly disappeared late in the season. So did Roethlisberger taking snaps from under center. That limited both the passing game and the running game, making it far easier for defenses to see what was coming.

The problem is there really is no reason to believe that Roethlisberger will stay healthy in 2021. Maybe he will start the season that way, but expecting it to last for 17 games and possibly the playoffs is dubious at best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They will be in Cap Hell in a few more years.

16. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I honestly can’t see anyway Ben makes it to the end of the season. Unfortunately I think his career will end on a cart ride which is a shame. He has no mobility and really can’t avoid pass rushers at all anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah the pro bBowl center and HoF QB and top running back being totally idiots on the first play didn't help

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The thing is, he was still able to move a little early in the season. He just broke down later on, whether it was a cumulative thing, the knee injury against Dallas, or a combination of both.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    He still doesn't get it. https://triblive.com/sports/footbal...-grasp-mistake-of-browns-is-the-browns-quote/

I've said many times I have no problem with JuJu's work ethic, effort or production. I hope he has a great year, then goes somewhere else. He's a decent person but he's flakey, and I don't particularly care for his obsession with branding, which unfortunately seems to be a disturbing trend with modern athletes. Since the Steelers are as good at drafting WR's as they are bad at drafting DB's, I don't think he's that hard to replace. Besides, for the contract he'd get even as a highly regarded #2 receiver, that money is better spent elsewhere. Whoever the new QB is will have plenty of targets with DJ, Claypool, Washington, the TE's and Harris.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The lack of intensity wasn't caused by JuJu's comments, but rather the converse. His comments were a reflection of the intensity and preparation of the entire team, very similar to the Jax game a few years ago.

Tomlin prepared them to think they had an easy game in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't believe Tomlin actively coached them in this or any game as if they should and/or would win. But, it's the general attitude and culture of the team that he tacitly approves that doesn't help in games they should probably win. They are soft and lack a killer instinct. I don't believe he created it, but he allows it to continue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You guys still keep obsessing about that one play. What about everything that happened after that? Granted Ben's picks didn't help but the whole team obviously wasn't prepared.

• Agree Agree x 3
  23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Actually the Browns are the Browns as the Steelers are the Steelers.

I know one Brown fan and he still reminds me of that game.

24. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Just tell a Browns fan who annoys you, "to think you could of drafted Big Ben but instead drafted Kellen Winslow Jr."

Drop your mic, then exit stage left.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Minus the mobility the lack of consistency and accuracy has been his entire career.