1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Steelers are projected to have the most salary cap space in 2022

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, May 7, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This is what really turns me away from pro sports as I grow older. Things like this have to be at the top of the list of BS management has to consider. A team could have good QB, good WR and good RB that would keep them in the hunt year in and year out but money will get in the way. It's supposed to be the great equalizer but ask the Detroit Lions how that's going:) Damn Patriots did a hell of a job. Look forward to watching how things pan out with Burrows for the Bengals. IMO future star and he gonna want the dinero.

I think the Steelers did a decent job while Ben was our QB. I truly believe we had the team for 2 more Super Bowls. The offense, I believe, ate most the cap space when we had the dynamic duo :puking2:so the D may have suffered. Watching a child following a favorite team is a breathe of fresh air. No thoughts of money and contracts.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    This is well put. We don't really have that much cap space since only 29 players count against that cap. Signing all the other players will make that evaporate quickly. I will predict that when the time comes to sign all those players we will once again be up against the cap as usual. It gives the Steelers time to plan ahead but they are going to have to sign a bunch of people. Ergo - up against the cap yet again

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Minka will be playing on his 5th year option which is around 10 million.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    The Patriots cheated on the Cap by paying millions to Brady's fitness company to train Brady in the summer instead of paying Brady directly in salary or bonus.

• Informative Informative x 3
  5. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    Some of us need to take a sedative. There are a lot worse things than to be projected to have more room under the cap than anyone else.

I hope they don’t go all out to draft Sam Howell. He has three strikes against him. 1) Short (6’1” is short for an NFL QB) 2) Small hands 3) Looks like Baker Mayfield’s fraternal twin.

• Agree Agree x 1