1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers to extend Rudolph for 1 year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 29, 2021.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Mason has a good NFL arm imo, his problem during that 2019 season was reading defences and dealing with pressure in the pocket. Teams were running downhill at him towards the end, knowing he would make mistakes if you make him uncomfortable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Strong arm but not real accurate. He definitely looks rattled and uncomfortable. IMO, just another forgettable reach in a long line of mediocre steelers backup QBs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yeah I don’t think he is a franchise QB by any means but if he gets in the right system with some talent around him and a proper running game I think you can win games with Mason.

It is often forgotten that that year in 2019 the offence was so hurt it was crazy, Trey Edmonds, Deon Cain, Kerryth Whyte, Jayden Samuels, Tevin Jones and others guys I forget all started games. Conner & Juju were in and out of the team, banged up all year.

We only have a small sample size from the Browns game in week 17 last year since then, but I think there is a chance Mason has improved and could me more composed going forward. What are the chances of Ben playing 17 games next year? Low I would think, so we should see some more from him in 2021

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think many will be surprised by Mason if he stays and takes over for Ben.
    Of course people that already don't like him will say oh ....he has a great team around him.
    Funny how that works.
    Some QBs just never have a good enough team around them, and some are only good because of that team around them.
    People just pick , and choose by who they do , or don't like.
    For example: A lot on here complain that the Steelers didn't draft Marino . Yet a lot of the same people complain about how much say Ben has over the offense, and how much he throws it. LoL.
    Like the pot calling the kettle black.
    What the Heck you think Marino did with the Dolphins. How he clashed heads with every head coach, and OC because he didn't want 2 run the ball.
    Yet still some pine over Marino.
    Of course here comes the Boom.
    Hypocritical .

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Different era, but had they drafted him, they the following year Lipps, with a couple of years of an aging but still reliable Stallworth it would have been a fun offence.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Not just the Kings Ransom to be worried about either. Rodgers brings his own set of shenanigans as well. His talent does supersede that but my goodness would the coverage be nauseating at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He's another Qb that people love 2 make excuses about.
    1st its if they just would build him a defense. Every time they have a Great D He will win a SB.
    Next it's what are they spend picks on a D for.
    You know he needs more help on the O. LoL.
    Like I said pick and choose.
    I will put money right here that says if L. Jackson doesn't win a SB we will hear the same crap 4 ever, and because 2 some people if its said enough....they start 2 believe it.
    I know MVP.
    I believe 4 QBs have won a MVP and a SB the same year .
    I also believe not one since 1999.
    Look at J. Elway for example. Great talent, but didn't win a SB till he wasn't the focal point of the team.

• Like Like x 1