1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Quincy Roche

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, May 1, 2021.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Victim of the numbers game.....Only reason he dropped was because this draft was so deep.... Quite a few of the guys drafted low could've gone as high as the 2nd or 3rd any other year

• Like Like x 1
  2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Solid pick/ chance that late

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I like what one DB said after a poor 40 - NFL pays you to play football, not run in tights! :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My second favorite pick after Harris

He will contribute year 1

HACK

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been looking, and trying 2 figure out why he dropped so low. I had him in the 2nd- 3rd round.
    Has anyone heard , or read anything about it???

6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    True, but someone's hands size/height/weight/vertical/cone drill, etc. doesn't make a football player either. It's likely that Roche fell in the draft due to these numbers, but that doesn't mean he can't be a quality football player in the NFL. There are plenty of guys who score "off the charts" in their combine drills who amount to absolute zero in the league. All it really amounts to is a tool to measure someone's overall athletic ability. A lot of physical deficiencies can be made up with prowess "between the ears".

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Agreed. Roche may be another Highsmith - good technician, if not a super twitchy athlete. I like smart, technical football players.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I have not but sometimes it can be a medical issue. @AskQuestionsLater told me that JOK fell out of the first because there was a heart issue that popped up late in the process that concerned teams. He was ultimately cleared.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Me too, but you need a little bit of both in a perfect world. Hopefully some of the physical freaks put it together to become great players, and the rest of the team is rounded out with smart technical guys that do their jobs well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    The kid is a player.....If he can learn how to play the run and set the edge;the speed this guy has is ridiculous....

I agree he should be in that rotation of lbs. Plus, he’s from the “U” they don’t Usually put out bums, so I Believe in this guy with very high hopes...

• Like Like x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Trey Smith is another one who would have been a 1st round lock. But blood clots in his lungs in college two different times that caused him to miss seriously time and damn near put him out of football. Very risky for him to even be playing football from some of the stuff I've read. But I'm certainly not a doctor so there's that. He is a good dude from what saw while he was in Knoxville. Chiefs may have gotten a steal in the 6th round with him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    long arms that help him keep linemen off of him. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

Artie Burns :shrug:

14. Boot55

Boot55 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    Yeah, I figured someone would say his name, but I’m speaking more towards the linebackers.

• Agree Agree x 1