1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Najee Harris

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 29, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah I didn't need these highlights 2 tell you that, but seeing them anyway.....I say Damn what a Jump cut.:rawk:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. Thats what explosion means, some don’t understand that. Has great vision, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watched every game this kid has played in college. I believe he's special. People will say it's his line . Part true, but some of the Defense he did it against, were very good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    This guy is going to be a fan favorite for sure.

• Like Like x 2
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

ROTY :herewego!:

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Better get used to dragging 5 players...... that’s how many will be hitting him regularly before the LOS

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    That run was sick! it was a shoulder blow on top of it and those look like LBs and a DB at the end who didnt even want to try to strip the ball.

The other thing that I noticed is the vision.

I never played a down of organized football so my credibility is weak but I would still argue that vision cant be taught.

Its tough to explain but in realtime Najee seems to be making such quick calculations and process of what is around him.

Fast Willie Parker really thrived on the one cut hole made by Faneca I think it was who was the pulling guard.

I love James Conner the person but I thought at the NFL level..you cant get away with trying to be a big guy and dance and then barrel over people square on no matter how hard you run. Tough to explain.

Does anyone know if Najee lined up in the traditional eye formation with a fullback?

• Like Like x 1
  8. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    Like the pick and player .But I`m wondering what kind of teammate he will be. Watched a documentary on him and he seems a little ' different" not in a bad way. Didn`t like living in Alabama , will Pittsburgh be better? Mentioned not studying plays because they are all the same , just different names. I don`t know something just hit me wrong with him.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The best teammate. They raved about him. You’re talking about a guy that drove to Alabamas pro day because he couldn't get a flight just so he could cheer his teammates on even know he wasn’t participating in drills.

Never heard about anything about his work habits. Sounds bogus though or out of context. Steelers wouldnt draft a guy number one with poor work habits.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He's not wrong since the days of Paul Brown and the forward pass there really isn't much new under the sun. The window dressing changes from year to year but the basic plays are all the same. He might be one of those unique individuals where things just slow down for them and it all just comes easy. It's like watching my younger brother shoot pool. He sees the angles and knows his shot in a glance, while I put too much English on a shot it dbl taps the 8 ball and I end up losing.

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    The not studying thing was in the context of plays NFL scouts sent him pre-draft, not in general as a player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

I hope he doesn't make a habit of doing this in the NFL.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If he does...he will quickly learn not 2.

14. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Somebody give @Jujubean a Terrible Towel to wipe his tears.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Which is worse poor work habits, or can't figure it out, Burns, Jarvis Jones, Troy Edwards?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't use mine.
    I only have 2, and 1 is so old it's hardly got any color left. It's like the Terribly Sad Towel

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Chicken little?

18. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    An interesting post on the Steelers subreddit about the rationale of selecting a running back early in the draft:
    Essentially: The odds of getting a hit running back outside of the top 50-60 picks is low. There is no way Najee would make it that low (hell, he may not have made it to 26), thus justifying the selection.
    Just for reference, this is the comment he is talking about (timestamped):

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Hey BTT43....great clip...thanks for posting up. This guy is infectious.

I know most everyone (including myself) look at these Rock/Rap/Sport/Actor celebrities and say if I was in that position i would never live the lifestyle of 247 drugs/women/fast cars but even with the best moral foundation its honestly a kind of thing where no-one has that crystal ball to show you how you will turn out no matter how strongly feel against the path of the fast lane.

Love how this kid seems to have stayed with his humbled roots and seems to have had to grow up faster than his age in todays society.

Does he have a nick name yet?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am crossing my fingers that he is the player I think he is.
    He is that important, to Steelers getting back to their identity.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    I cant deny that I look at the dynasty of RBs that come out of Alabama and do you get a King Henry or the RBs here

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/saban-alabama-running-backs-in-nfl/

Call it being overly optimistic but I hope the Steelers could use the pass to open up the suspect oline run game but Big Ben will have to start taking the TB12 vitamin water. lol

• Like Like x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Derrick Henry would like a word with you.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Chinchilla

Dec 21, 2019
    Point taken. I like the Beast Mode where he stiff arms these guys while taking the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    He is a freak. Grown ass man.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012