1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to give Villenueva a call

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Jones WANTED his players to stand! Told them so...Then Dontari Poe knelt...And Jones himself ended up taking a knee...I don't understand the Jones reference

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Again, I believe you are missing the point here.

Jerry Jones cares about Jerry Jones. Nothing else matters to him.... at least not anymore it does not. The whole "solidarity in unison" performance he gave was more so about him winning over both players and fans as opposed to him actually being sympathetic. As you said, he wanted the players to stand.... until Dontari Poe did not.

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes...You're right lol

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I didn't peg AV for a shyte talker but guess I was wrong. He's dead to me now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Al gave the Steelers organization a black eye more than once with his behavior.

First there was the time when he decided to go against the entire team and come out before the game by himself and stand for the flag.
    Then there was last year's homemade helmet tape where he once again went against the entire teams decision and made the front office look bad.

It is easy to let an employee who will not honor the wishes of the front office and his fellow teammates walk out the front door. Not a team player is definitely something you could say about AL.

That said he is still a better LT, than anything we currently have on the roster.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I think the Steelers have upgraded from Villenueva with, wait for it...a 4th rounder! Rumor has it this shouldn't be happening after the 2nd.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Actually he stated he didn't know about everyone else and that he was embarrassed, but imo what the hell is there to be embarrassed about?

Not aligning with a bunch of entitled babies that think life isn't fair? the guy saw combat so these people can have the right to knee and disrespect the flag pretending they are so persecuted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    after that 2nd rounder and 6th rounder just played each other in another super bowl. that makes sense. you know you can't get a good QB past the 1st round either. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So let me get this straight... Nobody on the Steelers kneeled. They caved to every one of his wishes.

Then he decides to block for a QB, coach, and organization that kneels. Circumvents the signing rules to screw the Steelers out of comp picks and then disses them in his 1st Ravens interview.

Sounds like a fraud to me.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Big Frauds new team. Remember it's free agency. He can go wherever he wants or just retire if it's such a big deal to him. Yet, he went to this team to play the Steelers two times a year???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Love to be the fly in the locker room when Big Fraud tries to tell Jamar and Harbaugh he's not playing until they take a kids decal off their helmet. It won't happen. He only pulled that **** here.

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It does appear he is a big fraud ,I doubt he even tries to stir the pot there.. IMO now he only takes the angle he sees that can get him the things he wants, he has got the money so he will probably kneel wear a BLM T shirt whatever the Rats want him to do..

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Seriously doubt he kneels, I’ll bet money he doesn’t.

Last time I am asking before locking the thread. Drop the kneeling topic.

SDOT, keep pushing the envelope and your name will resemble your avatar.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry I didn't really want to make trouble, I been trying to remain balanced.I do my best to stick to the more Football side of things in the future..

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Jerry Jones Says Any Cowboys Player Who 'Disrespects' the Flag Won't Play | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Uhm, he will allow them to kneel before the anthem, not during. So yeah, he kind of did.

August 25: “I knelt with our players, as you know, on a personal basis,” Jones explained. “But as a team, we all knelt together before the anthem, and then we stood for the anthem to recognize what its symbol is to America. I thought that was good. That’s the kind of thing that we’ll be looking to see if we can implement.”

He took a much stronger stance in 2017 when he said if any player kneeled, they wouldn't play. He backed off and tried a compromise in later seasons.

I meant it both ways, actually.

16. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    No. He didn't kneel for the anthem. He kneeled BEFORE it with the players.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Apparently this is too difficult a concept.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.