1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to give Villenueva a call

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks and with all the money Draftkings,Fanduel,Monkey Knife fight and all those others bring to the game more and more advantages to the Offensive side of the ball. It is probably best to invest in DB'S that can take the ball away as the rules to playing old school are all but gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Turnstile. Taking shots after he left now with the hated crows. Wonder if SDOT is mad?

No one is taking away that he served his country. Put that aside.

He is a shell of what he was unfortunately and that's the reason they didn't want him back. Nor did I.

He will struggle which works in our favor for 2 games of the season.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think he will struggle that much ...He knows blocking for a running QB is good for him as I think he has really good technique and is much better suited to the style of blocking he will be required to do there . I think AV made a valid point about how hard it is to pass block on a pass happy Team add to that Teams figured out Ben could not throw Deep so they went single high and added another guy to the box who could support the run,be a robber,or become a blitzer..All of those things make the job of a OL almost impossible..

4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    I had a different interpretation.
    Starting LTs normally get a lot of cash on the free market.
    The Steelers could have said truthfully that he was a good player, but with their cap situation, they wouldn't be able to pay what some other team would offer.
    (That would let the team avoid any unpleasant discussion about shell-status.)

If for some reason AVs market price was a lot lower (like half of what the Ravens gave him), I'm thinking the team would seriously consider bringing him back.

5. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    this

loved him as a person, as a hero for all of us. but he is nothing great as a player. was time to move on. the mistake was in not drafting his replacement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    didn't we do that with moore? chuks? he was drafted as an eventual replacement. moore was on the best line in the SEC. he played against top defenders every week and again they were the best line at it. why couldn't he start? just because he was a 4th rounder? again 3 year starter at LT on the best line in the SEC. nobody else on the best line in the SEC went before him. they averaged under 1 sack a game. their run game averaged over 5 yards per carry. his draft position doesn't make him any less of a good player. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The O-line is gonna be a huge question mark in '21... with or without AV. People need to get over it. AV is gone... time to move on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If Klemm is more like Munch and less like Sarrett and the rest. If he is more like Munch they could surprise people.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    So how you feel about him willing going to play for a team/coach/and organization that supports kneeling? I mean I know fans that completely quit watching and their team didn't even kneel. Seems like ole AV allegiance can be bought for millions.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Everyone forgets that when you abandon the run game completely (even if its not working) you make things very predictable for a defense. Now on top of that add in that your only throwing quick short routes your allowing defenses to Tee off on everyone.

This is yet another player that has left and making comments about the playground immature drama that seems to be what Tomlin runs.

12. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    That has been the Steelers' defensive goal for most of the past 30 years: take away the run, force the opposing offense to be 1-dimensional.

(Still amazing that the offense voluntarily did that for opposing defenses for most of the season, and they still got to 12 wins.)

• Like Like x 2
  13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The hypocrisy of his statement is that there is clear video evidence of him enjoying the celebrations and tiktok videos.

It is the equivalent to sitting there telling a reporter how immature certain young teammates are and having a teammates go "hey AL check that one out. Mammazita!" and AL replying with a whistle and "hey baby can we get some fries with that shake!" Anyway like I was saying way too immature.

The internet is not the friend of the self righteous or the hypocrite.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So, a Baltimore Raven player is not praising a team he does not play for, and there is a problem here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes apparently he missed the part in the exit interview where you keep your mouth shut when you leave. Is that so hard

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Eh, he’s on a new team. Maybe he’s trying to fit in with the new kids. I just don’t give it any thought one way or another. But Heck, I don’t even care when people bad mouth me (miss you mom).

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Yep doesn't matter to me but when you get what you ask for be ready for all you get.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And we have two more sacks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    You keep using that line " supports kneeling "...I believe you're using the wrong verbiage...

* The majority of the players on that team WANT to kneel... What's the Owner or HC gonna do, forbid them to do so????????????

No...The ONLY thing they can do is let them make their choice...

It's just a preference/ choice...Such is Life

• Like Like x 1
  20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who? Not a Steeler (anymore) so I couldn't care less about what he does before, during, or after coming out of his new rat hole on to their field. I have better things to be interested in than how new rat players interact with the other rats. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    People are saying he is joking, just ribbing his friends. I absolutely believe the Decastro jab was a joke, the JuJu jab is less apparent but would be really lacking in self awareness if he is serious.

22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’m not going to question his reasons. He deserves gainful employment and $8m guarantee is a lot to turn down. I wish that he wouldn’t have taken a jab at the Steelers like he did, but the rights to say so was what he was fighting to defend

23. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Ask Jerry Jones.

24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    What about him? He didn't force his players to stand

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do not believe that was the point that @Seven4Steel was attempting to make there. When he stated to ask Jerry Jones, he is stating that, as far as the Dallas Cowboys Players and Staff are concerned, Jerry Jones is the proverbial Alpha and the Omega.

Whatever Jerry Jones says, goes. Disrespect him and it is likely that one will not last long as a Dallas Cowboy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.