1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your confidence in these bets?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, May 5, 2021.

1. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Pretty sure the Steelers aren't listening to my advice, but thanks for boosting my ego?

Wasting time, by my definition, is spending another year with an offense that MUST cater to Ben. Look, I love that we had him all these years. I appreciate all that he gave the franchise. We definitely won a lot of games because he was under center. But he does not help the team at this point.

I've stated my opinion on this already, but I'll say it again. Ben is better than any other QB on our roster, and even though he gives us a better chance at winning games than they do, we are still not a good offense with him. Just because he is "better" doesn't make him "good." Allowing the team to move on from him this season means a better prepared team NEXT season. Don't call it a rebuilding year if you don't want to. Call it an audition year. Who wants to be here? Who can plan? Who can fit in to what we're changing into? We won't know that with Ben under center.

And it's very easy for me to say the same offense and blocking scheme because no matter who is calling plays or drawing up gameplans, they are doing it with Ben and his limitations in mind. How can YOU not see that? We will again run 75%+ out of shotgun and handcuff the running game by limited formations, an unproven, patchwork offensive line, and a heavily unbalanced run/pass ratio.

And anything can happen once you get into the playoffs, granted. But for a team that isn't any good by December, anything is anything but good. You aren't really saying that you're happy with our playoff performances over the past decade are you? I don't understand the camp that relishes in regular-season wins over championships. Never will.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And lets all be thankful for that! ;)

But the point is, a lot of you guys act like if the Steelers aren’t doing things they way you think they should be done, they must be wrong.

How can I see what they will be doing this coming season? I don’t have fortune cookies or a crystal ball telling me what they will be running. You’re assuming based off last year, I don’t believe they intend to do the same thing, why bring in a new OC, Ficthner was Bens buddy, if Ben is calling the shots like people claim, that wouldn’t have happened.

You said it yourself, Ben is better than any QB they have, let me stop you right there, that’s all you need to know because that, in Rooneys opinion, gives them the best chance to compete. No, I’m not happy with their playoff record but everyone of you claiming that you would be ok with losing while in a complete rebuild are utterly full of it. I prefer the Steelers way, give me something to root for each week all the way into December and hopefully into playoffs while continuing to retool each year. Why can’t YOU see that is a better option than completely tanking while turning over the roster. You think that will get you more SB’s? Cleveland Browns say hello. They have nothing to play for week to week and no playoffs or SBs to show for it. After about 30 years, they finally had a competitive season last year. So hell yeah, I prefer the Steelers way of building teams.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also Ravens, and Browns both have went and done what a lot want. Brought in many free agents, and got a Young Qb that they are barely paying, that can move all over, as some seem 2 judge their QBs by.
    Yet they both lost the Division 2 Us, and only have 1 playoff win apiece.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    So the Steelers way is putting a great product on the field. Got it. Enjoyed an entire embarassing month of December, did you?

No one can predict the future, so I have as much chance of being right as you do.

It makes no difference who is brought in, Ben can't/won't change. Makes no difference if Ben's calling shots. He won't operate under center.

Again, our best chance to compete doesn't mean we'll compete. If we're going to suck, let's do it moving forward and not repeating "The Steeler Way" and waste another year.

I never once said it is okay to lose. Please show me where I said that. I'll wait.

We all had something to root for in December. Unfortunately, the Steelers didn't get the memo.

And yes, I believe that preparing this team for the future is better served by letting the players who actually might be there work through a difficult year.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers way is giving you something to play for every week. You didn’t’ have to say you would be ok with losing, your posts and others who think the Steelers are dumber than a bag of bricks tells the story. You guys ***** and complain when they win 12 games, then make excuses for why they won those 12 games. I have no desire to see you and others negativity with a 3 win season which is exactly what you’d get doing it your way. Did you get that?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Thanks Nostradamus. I'll just abandon my "opinions" and subscribe to your facts. Wait...

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Says the guy who has been claiming nothing will change and will do the same thing this year.

When I want to be a Browns fan, I’ll hope they listen to a guy with no experience on how to build a championship caliber team :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 2
  9. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    1/4" can be the difference in hitting the sweet spot or walking in on someone else drinking your beer!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you quoting yourself?

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I feel your pain.

12. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    The Steelers haven't built one of those in over a decade, but keep listening to them.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    How many have you built?

I’m not going to rehash the whole conversation, its all above for why I feel the Steelers way is better at building teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I didn't say I built any, but I have the right to question a team that has failed to do so in a long time.

This is a message board. Discussions happen.

Maybe this hall monitor job doesn't agree with you.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Someone is sensitive, did I strike a nerve? Show me where I said you couldn’t have an opinion or question the team? You’re allowed, just as I am allowed to point out the flaws in your arguments

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I take offense to that. I'm the only Nostradamus here. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    What is your deal? Am I in the wrong place, or do none of us have experience building championship caliber teams? You're spouting your opnions. Fine. I'm spouting mine. You're telling me I'm wrong because no one knows what the future hold and then you tell me "exactly" what will happen with my opinion on how things should be done.

You can't have it both ways, Blast. And you really seem to be jumping my shiz over my opinions, telling me what definitively will and will not happen because of how "wrong" I am. Did I do something to piss you off other than to tell someone to STFU twice? If so, please elaborate.

Otherwise, I'll keep spouting off my inexperienced opinion and being grumpy over what I feel is the deterioration of the greatest franchise in sports. This has been a long time in the making. This offseason is just the icing on the cake for me. But if this isn't the place to express opinions, good, bad, or indifferent, please let me know. I thought I was here to say what's on my mind. Telling someone to STFU was wrong. You were right to call me out on that. But beyond that, I didn't kick your dog.

18. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    My bad. :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m not even going to try an unpack all that. I don’t even know how you reached some of those conclusions.

Whatever.

20. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I don't think anyone is disputing the free sharing of thoughts here. But you've been pressing your disenfranchised feelings by repeating the same opinions on matters like the OL, Ben's return, and wasted time in a number of threads now, quickly turning defensive to the point of snark and outright STFU outbursts if countered that fail to add anything productive to the conversation. At that point it can feel like rationalizing an opposing viewpoint with you is itself a 'waste of time', met with the frustration of running into you espousing it again in a different thread.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Pretty rich from somebody that threw a veritable tantrum when they were politely asked to follow the rules of a draft thread.

Maybe this being a member and posting here doesn't agree with you?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Not only that but the Hall Monitor job has been franchised by Glemm. There can be only one.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Good point. But he only goes by Glemm with under 5 min to go in the fourth and four whiskey sours.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Pirates did the same.

I lived in Chicago for 5 years. A great place to live. Except for winter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winter's suck A$$ there.
    IMO they suck everywhere I lived up north.