1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Colbert

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, May 4, 2021.

1. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Me thinks this is a post made in jest.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Geez Glenn you used to have such better material. Hope all is well brother.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Phony

4. Remahlehs

Remahlehs Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Ben is old! Why didn't the Steelers trade up to get that Lawrence kid?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Fire everyone!

6. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Except for the Hot Pockets, I can hear the microwave now, DING!

• Like Like x 1
  7. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Better than Jerame Tumor. That guy was a real cancer for team chemistry!

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    A Zombie?

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We won't know hog good this draft is for 2-3 years. I remember folks giving us a good grade for the 2009 draft and we know how that turned out.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    You are 100% correct but every damn year I think that we got not only 9 instant starters but 9 future HOF starters. And oh how I've been wrong.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think first 3 picks are jackpot, I think Moore will eventually take over at tackle.

After that, I think there is some good late rd value but who knows if they pan out.

If the worst they come out of this draft is with 4 starters, thats a damn good draft. And the punter, I think the job is all but his.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The great Rob Zombie of White Zombie.

rob.jpg .

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Love me some Zombie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    You think this center is a day 1 starter in the third rd?? Not so sure maybe later in the year because of injuries or us being out of the playoffs or year 2. Also no way this TE is starting over Ebron year 1. He will play some and in double TE sets but Ebron is this years starter. So for this year we have Harris behind a crappy OL.

Which is why I said if you were going to take Harris rd 1 which I’m Luke warm on certainly a big need, you had to take a center pick 2 who would start from day 1. The more I think about it the more I hate the TE pick. And that’s not even including how we are screwed at CB too!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the Green will be starting sooner than later, he’ll be worked in immediately and eventually be starting maybe a month in. Moore could be along the same route Dotson took but I don’t rule him out sooner either, definitely has skills.

Who said Muth has to start over Ebron to be effective? Look at Ertz and Dallas in Philly. Trust me, he’ll be worked in early, just a matter of how quickly he picks up the game but TE’s like him give you something in the first year unlike the lesser TE’s drafted in the later rounds. Dallas Goedert playing behind Ertz had about 350 yards his first year and 4 TD’s. I’m expecting at least that with a ceiling around 500 yards 6 TD’s. It’s a tough transition for TE’s though so no, Baby Gronk isn’t going to give us 1400 yards and 14 TD’s.

How do you know its the same crappy line with different players in there? Different Oline coach and different OC. And Harris will have 1500 all purpose yards, around 8-10 TD’s.

I don’t know why we are screwed at CB either, because we lost Nelson? Sutton played good last year, why can’t he do it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Plus, Bush should be back!

17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    We lost Nelson and Hilton...

I don’t see us utilizing 2 TE sets with the WRs we have. It will be consistent 3 WR sets. Unless Ebron gets hurt PSU TE will rarely play in year 1. Now if we actually try to stick with a run game maybe he gets some more action in 2 WR sets. But I think we all know Ben will be in shotgun by series 2.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You don’t think a rd 2 TE that blocks will get playing time?

We’ll see.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Got 2 disagree on one part ....Can you guess???
    We lost 2 CBs (M Hilton, and S. Nelson) who started, and contributed most of the time, and I did not see much out of Sutton 2 believe he will be better, or as good as either that left.
    Now I hope, no I pray I'm wrong.
    Everything else I agree with.

20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I just don’t see where he gets consistent playing time over Ebron if he stays healthy. He will get some plays I’m sure but not enough to be an actual contributor. If we actually stuck with a running game then maybe but that’s not happening with Shotgun Ben.

People act like Ben will be all about playing under center and running this Canada Motion RPO dedicated running game? I don’t get it. Ben still runs the show on offense and will do whatever the hell he pleases because our HC wouldn’t ever dare over rule him. He knows he’s his meal ticket to a forever contract

21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I don’t get this OL Scheme nonsense. They could have the best schemes of all time with the WaterBoy coach secret playbook and it wouldn’t matter. If they wanted to fix the line this year they would have needed to draft an OT and C Rds 1/2 not 3/4. They need two studs from day 1 and if those guys could contribute that way out of the gate they wouldn’t be there in 3/4. Maybe in 2 or 3 years those guys become decent starters.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t think the Steelers will have any qualms about cutting into Ebrons playing time, he drops a lot of passes and can’t block, they didn’t take a TE in rd two to sit on the bench. They also run 12 personnel about 25% of the time, so he’ll get playing time that way, too. And with the mismatches the two of them on the filed would create could cause that number to go up.

I don’t know whats going to go on with the offensive scheme and neither do you. I doubt Canada can run his full offense the way he’d like to based on Bens limitations but I also don’t believe they brought Ben back without him knowing he will need to do some things differently.

• Like Like x 2
  23. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    He better be miles ahead of Tuman, or they just wasted a 2nd round pick

24. Bone03

Bone03 Member

May 5, 2021
    actually a replicant

25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Can`t believe the complaining about our draft. Sometimes I wonder if people are just stirring the pot to get attention or if they are really fans of some other team and trying to sow discontent among Steelers fans.

Nothing wrong with our draft IMO. I`m not a homer perma-optimist either.

• Like Like x 2