1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Off-Season moves, are we done?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, May 2, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If the position is devalued then he's not a top-20 pick. It's been devalued for a reason. See my first rd running backs thread.

2. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    They may need more than a little help in the secondary. Pierre and Layne are big unknowns, Sutton is to a degree, and Haden is going downhill.

The Ravens and Browns were better off at corner AND they added good players this offseason. The Steelers have always seemed to undervalue the position and overvalue RB.

They're stuck in a past era.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Depends on camp cuts and needs at that time. Their are several players sitting waiting for a call due to the reduced cap structure being cut or released. One is Steven Nelson. I think he played above the line but they needed the cap relief and that's the way it goes when your @ss is pressed up against it year after year.

Here is a loooong list of players on the street:

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we signed former missouri CB demarcus acey. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I was patient for a decade. I'm done with it.

6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They desperately need CB depth. Adding depth at both interior lines is never a bad idea. Same for the LB corp. The more competition in those areas, the better. I think for this year their TE room is adequate.

BTW, I hope this new O-line coach is up to the task. He has a hell of a mountain to climb to at least restore some respectability to the run game, while maintaining pass protection.

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Browns and Ravens don't have the Steelers pass rush, the Steelers can get by with lesser talent at CB.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He didn't go in the top 20. He went at 24. Based on his ability and production, he should have gone higher, but the way teams view the position allowed the Steelers to get him.

9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They hadn't taken a running back in the first round since 2008, so it's not like they are doing it all the time. They did take Bell in the second round, but I imagine you aren't going to argue with that choice.

Since Bell, they have tried to fill the position with guys taken in the third round or later and the results have been poor. They badly needed a running back this year. Going into the draft, I think that was the weakest position on the team. They got a good value on a player they love at a position of need. Keep doing that in drafts and you're going to do just fine.

I do think they should have made cuts elsewhere and kept Nelson. If Pierre can't play, you may be right. I don't think Layne is going to pan out even if he does get past his legal troubles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers have had great pass rush for years, D didn't hit next level until they fixed the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I was referring to you calling him a top-20 value, but you knew that.