1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mel Keiper Jr

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, May 2, 2021.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers desperately needed a running back and a tight end and I believe got a steal at center in the 3rd.

If anything, steelers went after two much needed positions, two positions that help an aging QB likely playing his last year.

Steelers had the worst running backs in the history of my Steelers watching life last year. You can blame it on the line to a degree but I saw several times last year holes being opened up and all the running backs did was hold on to the ball with two hands because they both sucked at holding on to the ball, or running forward and hard to the point where they are falling in front of themselves. Both those styles of running do not help in hitting the holes with timing to get 3 or 4 more yards.

I think this one of the best draft they have had in a while. I believe they drafted 3 starters in the first 3 rounds. If that ends up being the case, its one of the best drafts for Tomlin since 2007.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    nfl.com graded our draft an A

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I am not sure his thoughts were ever that useful. I will not bash the man personally as anything I have ever heard about him is him being a really nice person As much as I think his stuff is very overrated I do admire a man who took a passion and if not creating a media platform for mock drafts, certainly elevated it to a national past time. How many of us can say we have provided not only a living, but possibly generational wealth from pursuing our hobby.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's a Ravens fan, and he's against taking RBs in the first round.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We have couple of those here it seems.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s worse than the weather man at predicting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Some of these threads are straight up stupid. “Oh my God Rich Eisen hates us”
    “Oh my God Mel Keiper gave us a bad grade”
    How dare them.

8. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Mel is an idiot:

Limas Sweed ranked No. 4 WR by Mel Kiper in 2008

Like many people, ESPN's Mel Kiper saw a lot of potential in busted Steelers second round draft pick Limas Sweed in 2008.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...l-kiper-grades-2008-wide-receiver-limas-sweed

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    People are calling Moore a steal in the 4th as well.

• Like Like x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Blame the analyst today - because they were all great picks. Blame Tomlin and Colbert tomorrow for drafting this garbage and not turning chicken s*** into chicken salad.

11. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    $$$ post

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes I see some saying he’d be a second rounder or early third in any normal year.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He did praise taking Harris though I think.

14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    But they also only gave one team a C and nothing lower than that. Not that these grades mean anything but just pointing it out.

15. Darren Molloy

Darren Molloy New Member

Jun 8, 2019
    He looks like a half burnt bull rush with a spasming anus stuck on the front and makes about much sense.

16. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    i too noticed there were a lot of decent/good grades, but I think this was a strong and deep draft, a lot of talent, so truth a lot of teams had good drafts, except there were a few misses i think, but as far as the Steelers, I might not say "A" but I am ok with it

17. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    All the people who are criticizing the Steelers for going RB first would also be criticizing them for not having a RB if they went OL first. (Man, that is an overlong sentence, but I think you can catch my drift).

There seems to be far less criticism of the Jags taking Etienne, which I thought was crazy giving the holes on that roster and that their best player is a RB.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    The draft is just like picking stocks. It's impossible for one person to amass research on 100s of different companies. Part of the reason I never watch the draft is so many people are just repeating what "experts" say; and teams are NOT giving up their IP on who they've evaulated. As a fan, you're at best going to have time to evaulate a couple dozen players from game-only footage. We can't get feedback from their coaches, doctors, therapists, local PDs, professors, practices, etc. So, most fans are just regurgitating what the Mel Kipers of the world spew.

20. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Yeah. We messed up by not taking Oline.

21. Bama Steel

Bama Steel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Mel, that helmet is getting awfully tight...

22. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    PFF rated us a C or C-, worst in the division. It's a passing league and the Steelers left gaping holes at CB while trying to improve their run game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It was actually Kiper who said that because this draft was so deep with OT's, that in a normal year he would have been drafted in the second round.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    For me....Harris and Muth are no brainers... top guys in the draft.... Im not worried about them at all.

Day 3 is day 3... if you get a few solid backups and ST players out of it.. great

But for this draft...Green is the money shot. If he becomes the starter this year... and holds the spot for a decade..... this will be graded as one of the best drafts in recent memory.

If he struggles early and falls into that top back up spot for all 3 interior spots for his career.... then this probably means the draft is a C

HACK

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It was crazy but I guess when you have a gazillion draft picks you can do that.

• Agree Agree x 1