1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

So what is Snells future?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by somedude, Apr 30, 2021.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    whomever hits the open hole better stays. they save about 900,000 if they cut samuels. mcfarland missed a lot of open holes last year so his vision is questionable. who has PS eligibility? harris, ballage, snell i think start the season in that order. new offense to all of them. mcfarland may actually know the offense better since he played at maryland under canada. we shall see. it's a who fits the scheme best situation, which may yet to be seen. :cool:

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I still remember that GDT when Snell had his one big game last season. After that game we were so pumped he was going to be the man.

3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    If you're hoping they use Harris exclusively, then you have to keep Snell, unless you think you can sign a better player in free agency.

It's a 17-game season, Tomlin likes to overuse his feature backs, it's quite likely Harris will miss some time.

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just need a RB that can play in December-January.
    Don’t beat up Harris in October.

5. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Samuels will be and should be the odd man out. Harris can catch as good as he. Samuels stinks as a runner. McFarland better get better running vision or he will be gone the following year. Snell will be a so so back up, nothing special.

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think Snell is still gonna get a few carries McFarland too.

Harris will be a rookie, a 17 game season to boot, he not going to get 400 carries as a rookie

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011